Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Skaven and underground map

giugiugaugiugiugau Registered Users Posts: 5
edited May 2016 in General Discussion
When they will add the Skaven as a faction wouldn't be nice to add a new underground map where we can play? Skaven live and travel most of the time underground after all.

Comments

• PetromirPetromir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,157
    Because the Dwarves notoriously live above ground....

While expanded underground play may well appear, it wouldn't be trhat logical to do so without the Dwarves partaking of it. (And by extension the greenskins who share the current underground mechanic).
  • VuorinorriVuorinorri Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,535
    Somewhere I saw claiming by CA Skaven won't be in first game...sadly. Want my Skavens and Dark Elfs already

i7-4770K cooled by CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Evo
    Inno3D GTX1060 Gaming OC 6GB
    MSI Z97-G43 Gaming
    16GB 1600Hz CL10 DDR3
    Seasonic M12II 620W Bronze 80+
    1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM
    SilverStone RedLine 4B with 2x120mm and 3x140mm Spectre

Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum
    Tesoro Durandal Ultimate G1NL

• giugiugaugiugiugau Registered Users Posts: 5
    Petromir said:

Because the Dwarves notoriously live above ground....

While expanded underground play may well appear, it wouldn't be trhat logical to do so without the Dwarves partaking of it. (And by extension the greenskins who share the current underground mechanic).

Of course Dwarfs and Greenskins were implied. They will take advantage of the feature too. But since they didn't add this feature with them I thought it should approrpiate to add it if and when the Skaven faction will be available.
  • az88az88 Registered Users Posts: 3,073
    It's a lot of work for just 3 factions.

Underground advance, and ambushes, do the job I think.

I'm hoping Skaven can travel faster in tunnels than Dwarfs, but that they risk taking attrition from it. That would be lore friendly and balance their advantage.
  • giugiugaugiugiugau Registered Users Posts: 5
    az88 said:

I'm hoping Skaven can travel faster in tunnels than Dwarfs, but that they risk taking attrition from it. That would be lore friendly and balance their advantage.

I know very little of Warhammer Fantasy but as far as I know most of the skaven lives in the mountains. CA could make an underground map only inside the mountains.
    giugiugau said:

az88 said:

I know very little of Warhammer Fantasy but as far as I know most of the skaven lives in the mountains. CA could make an underground map only inside the mountains.
    No, that's not correct in the lore. Skaven live everywhere. Their largest centre is Skavenblight, in the marshes of Tilea, but they maintain burrows under every major settlement in the Old World, and beyond.
  • Helblaster_of_SigmarHelblaster_of_Sigmar Registered Users Posts: 81
    Literally every region of the Old World, Lustria, Naggaroth and the Far East where the Ogres came from and where Nippon and Cathay are. THe only place the Skaven cannot penetrate is Ulthuan.

The only place the Skaven cannot penetrate is Ulthuan.

But they tried. Giant boring machines under the oceans, as I recall.

That ended badly.
  • Helblaster_of_SigmarHelblaster_of_Sigmar Registered Users Posts: 81
    Correct. They failed miserably, but since we are talking about Skaven I am sure that failure was a triumph for someone... Grey Seer Thanquol anyone?
  • thesniperdevilthesniperdevil Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,929
    Has anyone looked at the Tilean province? You can see the marshes, city ruins and an interesting ..lake? with a chaos symbol on it.

Hints of Skaven! They will be in game at some point!
  • Patrikseve#8733Patrikseve#8733 Member Registered Users Posts: 2,129
    edited May 2016

Has anyone looked at the Tilean province? You can see the marshes, city ruins and an interesting ..lake? with a chaos symbol on it.

Hints of Skaven! They will be in game at some point!

I think most factions will be. :) for this game its most likely bretonnia playable, elves and beastmen. The reason for elves and beastmen is that they are and could be a strong nemesis factions... and from the get go they could start in the secret war as its called a long ancient conflict with the beast men. I pretty much see some mechanics that could work for both aswell but thats my speculation for the first game. I suspect kieslev and the border prince might also get some makeover later. :)

For skaven I suspect expansion 2 or perhaps with 3 when every landmass is out. I wonder what nemesis factions they will have though or if hey have anyone at all really. :)