Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

SolvedFound a fix (at least for me) for GTX970 issues.

HellozLHellozL MemberRegistered Users Posts: 89
edited June 2016 in Performance & Graphics
So I have an i5 3570k with GTX970 and the game didn't run very well for me untill I did this:

1. Uninstall ALL parts of the driver (GeForce Experience, HD Audiol, 3D, Physx....).
2. Download Driver Sweeper from Guru and use it (run it with safe mode)
3. Install latest drivers, download from Nvidia directly DO NOT INSTALL GeForce Experience, I repeat DO NOT INSTALL it !

GeForce Experience seem to be the cause of the issues, creating a profile which is damaging the game's performance, so first you must clean it off your system completely (uninstall and using driver sweeper) and then NOT reinstall it.

This fixed it for me, getting stable FPS now at Ultra (with some options on high just to keep it above 60 at all times).

Good Luck.
Post edited by Matthias CA on

Comments

• MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 6,309
    did you try 2v2 siege battles?

so I imagine that the next drivers and patch for geforce experience is going to fix it if what you say is right
    Drowned in stars, bloated we shine.
    ... .... .... --··-- -. --- - . .- .-. ... ·-·-·- --- -. .-.. -.-- -.. .-. . .- -- ... -. --- .-- ·-·-·-

• HellozLHellozL Member Registered Users Posts: 89
    I didn't try 2v2 siege battles, I saw no point cause normal battles that lagged (about 20-30 fps no matter the setting) now work flawless(worst case at 50-55fps) , and the campaign map that lagged (same fps) is now too working at ~60fps. I tried several battles (including a siege battle, dont know exactly what you're referring to when u say 2v2)
    and it worked fine, if you have problems I see no reason not to try my method.
    HellozL said:

I didn't try 2v2 siege battles, I saw no point cause normal battles that lagged (about 20-30 fps no matter the setting) now work flawless(worst case at 50-55fps) , and the campaign map that lagged (same fps) is now too working at ~60fps. I tried several battles (including a siege battle, dont know exactly what you're referring to when u say 2v2)
    and it worked fine, if you have problems I see no reason not to try my method.

I meant two armies vs two armies. I'm glad it worked for you. Personally I would prefer geforce experience/drivers update than doing all this stuff. I'm the worst computer person on this planet. If anyone else try it and say its good then I may decide to do it. A little bit of scepticism resides in me.
    ... .... .... --··-- -. --- - . .- .-. ... ·-·-·- --- -. .-.. -.-- -.. .-. . .- -- ... -. --- .-- ·-·-·-

• DeafidueDeafidue Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 31
    Did not work.
  • Scoobyyy25Scoobyyy25 Junior Member HaarlemRegistered Users Posts: 8
    @Lord Cosmos Same here. Really hoping nvidia releases that damn driver soon. They usually have dedicated drivers ready on day 1 and sometimes even before the game launches. But this time they found it more important to make a driver for World of Tanks and Warthunder for whatever **** reason. (I know Overwatch too)
    Sry it didn't work for you guys. It did for me, and ye in 2v2 sieges i get lower fps, but still better than the fps I got in normal open battles without removing geforce exipirence.

Good luck guys hope it will get fixed for you too.

@Lord Cosmos Same here. Really hoping nvidia releases that damn driver soon. They usually have dedicated drivers ready on day 1 and sometimes even before the game launches. But this time they found it more important to make a driver for World of Tanks and Warthunder for whatever **** reason. (I know Overwatch too)

It is really weird that big game like this did not receive day one drivers.

Anyone else tried method presented by HellozL?

• Gfy22Gfy22 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 541
    Rome 2 didn't have day drivers either, as I recall. In fact, I don't think any drivers were specifically developed for rome 2. I'll never forget that nightmare.

But this is why I'm worried; maybe there are no drivers coming just for Warhammer. This might all be just on CA's side.
    I5 6600k 4.5 Ghz
    16 GB Ram
    GTX 1060 6GB Vram
    Windows 10
    Samsung 500 GB SSD
  • Scoobyyy25Scoobyyy25 Junior Member HaarlemRegistered Users Posts: 8
    Gfy22 said:

Rome 2 didn't have day drivers either, as I recall. In fact, I don't think any drivers were specifically developed for rome 2. I'll never forget that nightmare.

But this is why I'm worried; maybe there are no drivers coming just for Warhammer. This might all be just on CA's side.

Well I don't think it's CAs fault this time. I mean sure there are AMD users having the same problems like low FPS and unplayability but if you just look at this Graphics and Performance subforum you'll find a lot more Nvidia users complaining about these problems. And if the reason for a lack of dedicated Nvidia driver for Warhammer is only due to the fact that CA partnered with AMD this time then it's just pure **** from Nvidia. I mean sure be a little kid and don't release a day 1 driver just to show how very sad you are but not releasing a driver at all is just absurd and a complete punch in the face for your costumers. I mean I was dedicated to Nvidia but after this and what I hear that the new AMD drivers are quite good I might just switch to AMD.
    I'm 100% certain it's Nvidia problem excluisvely (the poor perfromance even with powerful rigs).
    If it exist in AMD systems it exists with their CPU not GPU (from what I've read, and maybe there are a few exceptions).
    I initially thought about GeForce expirience because it seemed that when I install the game for the first time on my system (when it's clean, after drivers swept) the game ran well, and then every run after that the game ran terribly.
    I failed to realise at first that the GeForce expirience creates profiles for games, which for me, in my case, ruined performance, note that this is the first time it happened, so in no way it's Nvidia's fault IMO, I think it's just bad synchronization between them (Nvidia) and CA.

Anyways since my issues are solved I will be gone from the forums but I wish you guys luck, and if you haven't, try my method it might help you too.

GL.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file