Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Dogs Of War

NimdullNimdull Registered Users Posts: 36
Dogs of War, like in TW:Med2 you could give a Lord a ability to buy mercenary units. Warhammer mercenarys where always called Dogs Of War. http://warhammerfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Dogs_of_War
With this I got also a funny suggestion. You could make like random lets say heroes to join the army as a dog of war for 1 battle. For example you could add heroes like:
Empire:Gotrek & Felix, Luthor Huss, Mathias Thulman, Brunner.
Dwarfs: Malakai Makaisson, Gotrek & Felix, Snorri Nosebiter, White Dwarf
Orcs: Skarsnik, Golgfag Maneater, Skrag the Slaughterer,
VC: Arkhan The Black, Dieter Helsnitch, W'soran, Zacharias the Everliving.
Chaos: Crom the Conqueror, Wulfrik the Wanderer, Egrimm von Horstmann.

Make every one of em unique. With a cooldown, or with a request to join you in battle.
Bring back the Dogs of War to Warhammer World !

Sorry for my bad english ;(

Comments

• OldTotalWarFanOldTotalWarFan Registered Users Posts: 19
    I stand behind this 100% Dogs of war should have already been in the game
  • BisaarBisaar Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 13
    Mercenaries would be nice. As for now only vamps can hire units immediately. Empire should be able too. They should be very expensive though.
  • TarvosTarvos Member Registered Users Posts: 139
    Mercenaries would be a great addition for Total War: Warhammer! *thumbs up*
  • NimdullNimdull Registered Users Posts: 36
    Thats the thing. Like Warhammer is full of dogs of war. This sub faction/ merceneries should be in game.
    Chaos could go technicly with deamons :o
  • RichardNRoundRichardNRound Registered Users Posts: 891
    I would really like to see dogs of war and regiments of renown in the game at some point. My idea is different grom yours though. I think that basic merc units should be available at large regions of the map, like norcan raiders in the north, whilst some of the more famous units are only recruitable in specific areas, such as those in tilea, marrienburg or estalia, and only by particular factions, so for example Long Drong's Slayer Pirates could only be recruited by the dwarfs, empire and other human factions. This would make a playthrough of tilea quite interesting as, like in the lore, you don't really recruit an army, with your official army only consisting of some pikemen and swordsmen, and instead the vast majority of units are mercs. So you recruit mercenaries in the cities you start off controlling to fight you wars for you, expanding into the other areas, capturing more of these cities and in the process gaining the ability to recruit more of these powerful mercenary units.
  • MukipMukip Registered Users Posts: 595
    edited August 2016
    I'd rather Tilea and Estalia were made into a distinct army from DoW units, rather than add them to the existing factions.
  • Combat_WombatCombat_Wombat Registered Users Posts: 4,092
    Estalia and Tilea should get some of their own unique units but mercenaries being hired at a reduced cost compared to other factions would make sense as well. They would fill the obvious gaps.
  • MukipMukip Registered Users Posts: 595
    The way I'd do it is give Tilea/Estalia tier 1 units, such as "militia pikemen", let them recruit superior mercenary pikemen with a building upgrade, and then mercenary regiments of renown are tier 2 versions of their troops (with capped recruitment). Adding mercenaries to other races would only dilute their playstyles, and would be better focused on a single faction.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file