Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

How to edit map size?

Uncle_UziUncle_Uzi Posts: 32Registered Users
I imagine maps are about as large as they are supposed to be.

But I want to be able to shrink down the deployment zone and playable area of a map.

Can I do that? Is there a file where I can edit playable area coordinates or something?

I have my main unit tables set to reduce unit sizes substantially, down to TT scale. I have 16 man units of core troops, 12 man units of missile infantry, and 5-10 man units of cavalry. Surprisingly the balance holds up really well and it allows me to play the game from a closer perspective. Still have to fiddle with monster and hero stats to get the balance right. A troll might as well be a giant when there's barely a dozen men in a unit.

Problem is, the maps are way too big for this, and it takes too long to get into combat. I want smaller maps with smaller deployment zones, focused around key terrain, to get me a true 6'x4' table experience. It's all I want.

Anyone have any info on how to possibly do this? Would be hugely grateful and would probably upload a basic mod for everyone if we can figure this out.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file