Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

The Next Faction Needs to be Beastmen

ElderDaysElderDays Registered Users Posts: 48
The game needs Beastmen. Not because they are one of the most popular armies but because they occupy key positions across the Old World. The forests of the Empire and Bretonia are supposed to be polluted with these mutated abominations. Right now we have greenskin tribes as place holders in many regions. While not a terrible compromise they don't quite fit the bill.

Comments

• Combat_WombatCombat_Wombat Registered Users Posts: 4,092
    Someone posted an idea of turning forests into provinces kinda like mountains. They would be populated by elves and beastmen. Problem is, the map is a little too small and the forests too scraggly for it to look good on the campaign map. If CA does do elves and beastmen next I would hope they up the size of the map and add more cities and paths.
  • BisaarBisaar Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 13
    I would like to see some Beastmen rebellions in the empire.
  • LadyAthenaLadyAthena Member Registered Users Posts: 44
    WHere are the flippin elves? Was such a huge disappointment they were not in the stock game.
  • Commissar_GCommissar_G Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 10,752
    edited June 2016

Someone posted an idea of turning forests into provinces kinda like mountains. They would be populated by elves and beastmen. Problem is, the map is a little too small and the forests too scraggly for it to look good on the campaign map. If CA does do elves and beastmen next I would hope they up the size of the map and add more cities and paths.

You'll find as the game grows they're just going to have to do away with regional occupation. Or replace is with a better system.

You can't have 3 entire total war games with 16 major playable races (+ a bunch of minor) but only 10-15% of the map is interactive for you.

And once you have Skaven... well, why would I play anyone that can't choose to occupy everywhere and there's 1 race that can?
    "As a sandbox game everyone, without exception, should be able to play the game exactly as they see fit and that means providing the maximum scope possible." - ~UNiOnJaCk~
  • Lexen_RapierLexen_Rapier Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 262
    edited June 2016

You'll find as the game grows they're just going to have to do away with regional occupation. Or replace is with a better system.

You can't have 3 entire total war games with 16 major playable races (+ a bunch of minor) but only 10-15% of the map is interactive for you.

And once you have Skaven... well, why would I play anyone that can't choose to occupy everywhere and there's 1 race that can?

I disagree with you on this point - I think that the game will be able to expand and remain manageable precisely because of the regional occupation as a basic concept, so I wouldn't like to see it done away with. A better improved version of it might be good though.

As the vampire counts, having to destroy the dwarfs as a faction can be incredibly annoying. (It takes ages to fight a faction that you can't take the cities of compared to those you can).

However - I would like to see some changes to the system (some incentive for provinces you can't properly settle for example might be more interesting) - however I think that being able to settle anywhere as any faction would be a step backwards .

Edit: Oh, on the original topic - I totally want to see Beastmen in the forests of the Old world - but I don't think I want them to be the next race - I would want them to be released at the very least, along side another forest faction.
  • DarkEldarArchonDarkEldarArchon Registered Users Posts: 6
    I would enjoy Elves and Beastmen but I am wary on the idea of too many factions at once. Perhaps a bigger campaign map to solve it?
  • HarconnHarconn Registered Users Posts: 937
    Right now Empire campaign plays out a little boring because you only have to fight humans and undead 99% of the time. Some beastmen in the forests or randomly spawning greenskin hordes would be much appreciated.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________________

My German Youtube-Channel - Let's Plays (Strategy, RPG, Indie,...): https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChwblqvwr8XxKP0GzCcUb8Q

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file