Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

User Info RequiredFormation button not accessible during deployment

ShadowX313ShadowX313 Registered Users Posts: 2
edited June 2016 in Campaign & Battle Bugs
-This is my first post on these forums, so please move the thread if it is not in the correct area.-

This is a Campaign Battle bug I have run into while playing any faction which makes deployment very annoying.

Build #: 9738.876614

Description: While in the deployment phase, after selecting a group, I hover over the "Set Formation" button. The small menu pops up showing a melee front and a ranged front button. However when I go to move my mouse upwards towards either option, the menu immediately disappears. You can not speed click to get the formations either.

Reproducibility: None. This is a very random bug. As I have not written down exactly how many times it has happened and when, I can not give you exact numbers as to the occurrence. I will say that I am 80% sure that it occurs at least once every 10 battles. I might be being too harsh and it is only once every 20 battles. It is still enough to make me not want to play a battle unless I absolutely have too.

Save/Replay: When I searched around for what is needed for support here, I found that you would like the save or battle replay. However, I assume the save for the campaign map wouldn't help and the battle replay doesn't show my deployment problems. If it is otherwise, please let me know and I will try and save both next time it happens.

Thanks,
Matt

Edit: I made a post about it on Steam here: steamcommunity.com/app/364360/discussions/2/357287304427797435/?tscn=1464466192
Post edited by Lexi_CA on

Comments

• Lexi_CALexi_CA Registered Users, Moderators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff Posts: 1,531
    This could potentially be when you have a specific army composition. Could you provide us with a save game anyway from just before a battle where is occurs and we may be able to reproduce it?
    Formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of Creative Assembly or SEGA.
  • ShadowX313ShadowX313 Registered Users Posts: 2
    edited June 2016
    Next time it happens I will make sure to save that file. However I can tell you that it shouldn't have anything to do with the composition of the army. I have gotten the bug with 2 different armies, 1 of mostly infantry and 1 of mostly archer.

EDIT: Also for some reason, alt-tabbing or clicking outside of the game makes the bug no longer happen when you go back to the game.
  • lullylewlullylew Registered Users Posts: 2

EDIT: Also for some reason, alt-tabbing or clicking outside of the game makes the bug no longer happen when you go back to the game.

Unfortunately this doesn't work for myself. When it happens to me it is for the entire battle. There is no rhyme or reason, no consistency to when it happens it just happens for a battle then it's fine for a few more then it will happen again. I am going to try disabling steam overlay to see if that helps at all, if it does I'll let you know. I wish you luck in trying to figure it out. If there is anything I can do to help in the diagnosis please let me know.

Lully

• ca_guyca_guy Registered Users, Moderators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff Posts: 1,171
    edited July 2016
    Heya,

Do either of you have any mods enabled?
    https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/173602/how-to-find-your-modified-log-file#latest

Thank you,
    Guy
    Formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of Creative Assembly or SEGA. | Lord name: guise |
  • GoldfishLord#2862GoldfishLord#2862 Registered Users Posts: 465
    I am also having this issue. I recently started a new singleplayer campaign as Bretonnia, and so far I am unable to select melee or missle front in the deployment stage of any battle. However, I am well past turn 140 with my singleplayer Dwarf campaign, and have never experienced the issue playing as them. Additionally, I have a multiplayer campaign going where I am Clan Angrun and my friend is the Dwarfs, and neither of us have experienced it with that either. Until I tried out Bretonnia, I had no issues. A fix would be fantastic, as manually rearranging the whole army is rather tedious. I can provide a save game file, but I don't actually know how to do that.
  • SpEEk0SpEEk0 Registered Users Posts: 1
    To anyone having this issue, I made an account just to say how I solved it! I am not sure if all these steps are necessary, your mileage my wary. I select my entire army with ctrl+A, and then assign them to group 1 (ctrl+1). Then I hit escape to open up the game menu, then hit escape again to return to my game. And boom! I can now set formation again. :smile: Hope this helps someone.

PS: As said, not sure if the entire procedure is necessary, you might just need to open menu and close. Since when I just assigned groups I still wasnt allowed to Set formation, and thus I'm 90% positive its going in and out of the menu that does it.
  • WrathOfKaosWrathOfKaos Registered Users Posts: 1
    edited September 2017
    I am also experiencing this.
    Maybe it's fixed in the new version (due out very soon I hear).

In case it isn't here is some more info:

Clicking "Set Formation" the SF pop-up frame displays above the button.
    Mousing up causes the pop-up frame to disappear.

My guess is that the pop-up frame is anchored to the top of the Set Formation button.
    On certain resolutions there can be a rounding error that allows the underlying frame to "peek out" by a pixel between the two frames, and grab the attention of the mouse as it moves up.

I could also be compleatly wrong. :P
  • davie90davie90 Registered Users Posts: 1
    I'm having this issue. Very annoying
  • UtheranUtheran Registered Users Posts: 1
    I am also having this issue. I can't find a consistent fix. Sometimes after clicking through various menus the buttons work again.
  • Dead213EndDead213End Registered Users Posts: 17
    I'm playing Imrik and this bug is still here. I dont know if its because it's a new Lord, but you guys need to fix this.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file