Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

User Info RequiredGame Crashes After Multiplayer Campaign Battle

GravyGravy Registered Users Posts: 2
edited June 2016 in Crashes
Hey

In a multiplayer campaign that I am playing with a friend, we are unable to fight any battles due to it crashing for me once the battle has been completed. We are able to auto-resolve the battle, but if we fight it, and no matter the outcome I will receive "TOTAL WAR: WARHAMMER has stopped working" during the loading screen back to the campaign map. It does not crash for my friend, only for me.

Perhaps I am missing something that would fix this, but if someone would point me in the right direction or show me a fix, I would be extremely grateful.

Thanks in advance

Post edited by Lord_Maximus77#3771 on

Comments

• Lord_Maximus77#3771Lord_Maximus77#3771 Technical Moderator Leeuwarden, NLRegistered Users, Moderators, Tech Moderators, Knights Posts: 3,383

Could you please include a DXDiag, modified.log, preferences file and crash dump file? The links below tell you how to do that.

How to find your preferences script

How to get your DXDiag

How to find your crash dumps

How to find your modified.log file

Any fool can make things bigger and more complex. It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage – to move in the opposite direction. — Albert Einstein

viri non urinat in ventum — Anonymous Roman

TOTAL WAR FORUM: TERMS AND CONDITIONS
  • Jame320Jame320 Registered Users Posts: 1
    I Can also say, that a friend of mine is having this exact same issue, his singeplayer campaign works just fine, and doesnt crash. But when attempting to play a Coop or Head to head Campaign, his crashes after the first turn/battle. I Dont know if it crashes on a Multiplayer battle though, havent tried.
  • Lord_Maximus77#3771Lord_Maximus77#3771 Technical Moderator Leeuwarden, NLRegistered Users, Moderators, Tech Moderators, Knights Posts: 3,383

@Jame320 if your friend has issues then ask him to sign up for the forums and create a crash report thread.
    Any fool can make things bigger and more complex. It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage – to move in the opposite direction. — Albert Einstein

• GravyGravy Registered Users Posts: 2
    Hey

I got all the files that I was able to get from the steps sent. However, I was not able to get the crash dump file. I followed the steps in the how to find your mini dump files page. But I could not see the "crash_report" folder.

Please try these Steps (in exactly this order)

1. Make sure Steam is set to english language
    2. RESTART Steam
    3. Verify the game cache for Total War Warhammer (through Steam)
    4. Repair/reinstall all FIVE of the redistributables (run as administrator)

Total War WARHAMMER\_CommonRedist\DirectX\Jun2010\DXSETUP.exe
    Total War WARHAMMER\_CommonRedist\vcredist\2010\vcredist_x64.exe
    Total War WARHAMMER\_CommonRedist\vcredist\2010\vcredist_x86.exe
    Total War WARHAMMER\_CommonRedist\vcredist\2013\vcredist_x64.exe
    Total War WARHAMMER\_CommonRedist\vcredist\2013\vcredist_x86.exe

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file