Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

User Info RequiredUnits hiding until really close

DaendyrDaendyr Registered Users Posts: 4
edited June 2016 in Campaign & Battle Bugs
Is it only me or do your enemies units stay hidden until right in front of your troops, turning your artillery and marksmen useles? it happens every now and then ( not every battle).
I know that it's not the weather or terrain, since it also happens on flat maps with little to no hiding space.
Does anyone know of a fix for this?
Thanks in advance
Post edited by Lexi_CA on

Comments

• bli-nk#6314bli-nk#6314 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 5,976
    I've wondered about this as well... can it be tall grass or very gentle hill in the terrain almost unoticeable except to game engine? Only 1/20 battles this happens but it does seem a bit weird.
    Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence in society.” Mark Twain
  • TehWarsmithTehWarsmith Registered Users Posts: 4
    This is apparently an old bug from previous Total War games, that to my knowledge was fixed, but it's cropped up again in this game. It was connected to linked Nvidia video cards, which I don't have, but it still shows up in almost every battle for me. Does anyone have a solution?
  • Lexi_CALexi_CA Registered Users, Moderators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff Posts: 1,531
    Do you have a battle replay from a time when this occurred for you please? That way we can fight the battle and try to reproduce it :)
    Formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of Creative Assembly or SEGA.
  • DaendyrDaendyr Registered Users Posts: 4
    Thanks for answering, i do not have a battle replay of this right now, but i'll save one the next time this happens.
    Loving the game fyi, already have around 85 hours played and the only annoyance i have is this little thing.
  • FullbustrFullbustr Registered Users Posts: 2
    just had the same thing happening in my land battle big buff for the vamp counts since now they dont need to worry about ranged just creeping up to you through the fog
  • TehWarsmithTehWarsmith Registered Users Posts: 4
    Finally got a replay featuring this bug!

Made it through, happily, thanks to my irondrakes :smiley:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file