Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

SolvedCannot remap middle mouse button (free-look)

DMFan79DMFan79 ItalyPosts: 403Registered Users
edited June 2016 in Campaign & Battle Bugs
It's not possible to remap the middle mouse button from the settings.

I'm very unconfortable using it to turn the camera and I'd rather be using the keyboard.

Can you please fix this and, in the meanwhile, tell me how to change it through ini files?
Post edited by Lexi_CA on

Comments

• DMFan79DMFan79 ItalyPosts: 403Registered Users
    Can you please acknowledge this problem?
  • BillyRuffianBillyRuffian Moderator UKPosts: 35,872Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    Does Q and E work?

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

|Takeda| Yokota Takatoshi

Forum Terms and Conditions: - https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest

"We wunt be druv". iot6pc7dn8qs.png
    Hi, which user info do you need? The problem can be reproduced on any system, there isn't an option to use a different key for free look. Let me know if you need something else please
  • BillyRuffianBillyRuffian Moderator UKPosts: 35,872Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    Basically the answer to my question. You said you would prefer to use the keyboard, I'm saying that on the keyboard Q and E can be used to rotate your view and asking whether that is working for your keyboard.

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

Forum Terms and Conditions: - https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest

Using Q and E isn't a solution, I need to be able to set the "free look" to another key. Also, my post was directed to Lexi from CA who edited my thread asking for further infos.
    Well I'll let her answer, then.

• Lexi_CALexi_CA Posts: 1,531Registered Users, Moderators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff
    Sorry for any misunderstanding, I edited the thread to info required to ask for the answer to Billy's question.

The game doesn't support options to change mouse inputs. The options for camera rotation are:
    - Using Q and E to rotate on a vetical axis
    - V and C to rotate on a horizontal axis (these can be changed in the control settings to any keyboard input you wish)
    - Another way is with the mouse in the top corners of the screen, if you have multiple screens or a smaller resolution setting than you screen you can select 'Lock cursor to window' for more accurate control.

Hope this helps.
    Formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of Creative Assembly or SEGA.
    I was afraid of the answer :(

Thanks for the info though
    I hope I'm not breaching any forum rules with this solution.

I've downloaded AutoHotkey (https://autohotkey.com/) and made a very simple script:
    -::
        if( not GetKeyState("MButton" , "P") )
            Click down middle
    Return

- Up::Click up middle
    Now, each time I keep the "-" button pressed or I release it, the system thinks I'm doing the same thing with the middle mouse button.

It works flawlessly.
  • Mrginger128Mrginger128 Junior Member Posts: 20Registered Users
    I know i'm necroing this thread but I really wanted to both thank you for that fix and give people a heads up.

If your middle mouse button is broken use this autohotkey and copy/paste this script. It works perfectly and mean you can tilt the camera again. (The fact I couldn't do this was killing the game for me.)
  • Darkwater_EbonroseDarkwater_Ebonrose Posts: 1Registered Users
    sadly, i use middle mouse click as my push to talk, which really gets irritating when i need to talk to a friend while in game using another program to voice with. please make it so that mouse buttons can be altered.
  • SecuterSecuter Senior Member Denmark, Aarhus.Posts: 2,314Registered Users
    My middle mouse button is really annoying to work with. How is it not possible to change this key aspect of the game?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file