Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

User Info RequiredUnable to manual Fire Artillery (intermittent problem)

BoldElfBoldElf Registered Users Posts: 188
edited June 2016 in Campaign & Battle Bugs
On a few separate occasions I have been unable to manually fire artillery I first encountered it when I tried to fire a grudge thrower after pressing the insert key and going into manual mode. No mater what I did it would not let me fire any of the artillery pieces in that team. During this issue the bar on the left which I assume is the reload bar got stuck at what ever stage the artillery piece was at at the time I took over it.

A few battles later I was able to manual fire how ever the same issue occurred for me when trying to control a doom diver. I have used a Doom Diver Manually before so I know it works but on this occasion it would not let me fire the doom diver and the reload bar seemed to have stopped working again. I have footage of this incident but nothing out of the ordinary seems to have happened to the artillery piece that might have jarred it etc.

Has anyone else encountered this issue?
Post edited by Lexi_CA on

Comments

• Lexi_CALexi_CA Registered Users, Moderators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff Posts: 1,531
    Do you have a battle replay? From this we can fight the battle ourselves and see what's going on.
    Plus a copy of your modified.log file please.

I have found myself that using manual control it sometimes won't allow me to fire until I'm aiming high enough into the air. If the terrain or something else in interfering it might be worth checking to see if aiming at a steep trajectory makes any difference? Or does it still fail to fire?
    If it does still fail please pass us the files and we can look into it :)
    Formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of Creative Assembly or SEGA.
  • BoldElfBoldElf Registered Users Posts: 188
    I am afraid I don't have a battle replay I will make sure to save one and the logs the next time this occurs.

I noticed that the 2 trajectory arrows were gray once on a grudge thrower so that might have been as you said something to do with terrain or needing a higher trajectory how ever it has also occurred when then arrows were yellow to indicate I was within the correct trajectory.

I know this isn't much help as you need the replay and logs so I will make sure to get them next time it occurs if it does again lol

:)
  • vonDobelnvonDobeln Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 624
    edited June 2016
    Playing a campaign as Dwarfs I noticed that I can manually fire cannons without problem bot the Grudge throwers will not work. As OP writes as soon as I press INS to zoom to the unit reloading seems to stop and the sight is just greyed out however long I wait or wherever I aim.
    I just did a custom battle to test this and it's the same: cannon no problem, Grudge Thrower will not work. :)
    Intel Core i7-6700 @3.40GHz (8 CPUs), 16384MB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980Ti 6GB (+8GB shared), Windows 10 Home 64-bit
  • Lexi_CALexi_CA Registered Users, Moderators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff Posts: 1,531
    Checking on custom battle myself the grudge throwers seem to be fine to fire manually.
    Have you made sure both arrows are yellow (horizontal and vertical gauge)
    Also that you are trying to fire with right click not left?
    Also please note if you have more than one unit selected and you press 'insert' to view first person you will not be able to aim to fire and no gauges will appear on screen.
    Formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of Creative Assembly or SEGA.
  • BoldElfBoldElf Registered Users Posts: 188
    Lexi_CA said:

Checking on custom battle myself the grudge throwers seem to be fine to fire manually.
    Have you made sure both arrows are yellow (horizontal and vertical gauge)
    Also that you are trying to fire with right click not left?
    Also please note if you have more than one unit selected and you press 'insert' to view first person you will not be able to aim to fire and no gauges will appear on screen.

I keep meaning to get you the replay for this issue but keep forgetting lol but I have manually fired a doom diver after the blood god patch. but if it happens again I will let you know :).

Has anyone at CA seen the passive Waagh army bug yet? Here is a thread for it so it just wanted to bring it to your attention as its a pretty big one.

forums.totalwar.com/discussion/comment/1607201/#Comment_1607201

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file