Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

[Modding] Warhammer Assembly Kit Minor Update

Darren_CADarren_CA Creative AssemblyPosts: 295Registered Users
edited June 2016 in Community Mod Section
Hi all,

A fix for the "Can't connect to DB" in Dave is live now.

Please let us know in this thread if you have any issues related to it, or bugs in general.

-Darren

Comments

• Karnil_Vark_KhaitanKarnil_Vark_Khaitan Member Posts: 420Registered Users
    I would really like a variant viewer, pretty please :3
  • stejar2stejar2 Posts: 3Registered Users
    Not sure if its just a problem because of me, but anytime I edit startpos files in assembly kit it crashes bob.
  • SpockendilSpockendil Posts: 13Registered Users
    Works great for me now. Thanks for the update.
    Oops !!

I spoke too soon.

Dave is now working great. My mod not so much, after recompiling it with the new version of the AK. It now loses my edits when loading saved games, and crashes the game when trying to start a new game. Maybe it has something to do with the way I got the AK kit to work previously. I'll rebuild from scratch and hope it works.
    The problem in my previous post was cleared up by re-building from scratch. Something apparently had become corrupted in the modded files with the way I was using the prior version of the AK. Everything's working now.

Also, sorry for posting three consecutive comments. I can't find the menu option that allows me to edit a previously posted comment. It's probably somewhere directly in front of my eyes.
  • MolayMolay Posts: 16Registered Users
    Spockendil, do you mean that erasing the validation file caused these issues for you? If so, thanks for the warning; so we don't all have to run into the same problem now with the fix out!
  • AlexFAlexF Posts: 11Registered Users
    There are several ancillary tables that can be edited but not exported nor compiled by BOB. For example, ancillary_trigger_effects.
  • GlurkGlurk Posts: 5Registered Users
    Where can I download the assembly kit?
  • rhinoinsomniacrhinoinsomniac Member Posts: 926Registered Users
    Glurk said:

Where can I download the assembly kit?

go to your steam interface. look under library - look at bottom of that drop down menu. should say tools.
    then it's down there and yeh just download install whatever.

ugh. i can't post a snip SS i just created when i used to be able to just browse files on my HD. now it wants an image URL. yah no.

check out my mod workshop if yeh want
    workshop
    honey will catch more flies than vinegar

Team Lizardmen

• GlurkGlurk Posts: 5Registered Users
  • lysandroslysandros Posts: 2Registered Users
    Whenever I edit anything in startpos tables, even something simple like swapping additional units from legendary lord selection, BOB fails to build with an error of:

=== Campaign / Process start pos (main_warhammer) ===
    Timed out. Couldn't locate launcher and game processes.
    Failed to restore original game startpos file! The original file is: D:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Total War WARHAMMER/assembly_kit/binaries/../../data/campaigns/main_warhammer/startpos_backup.esf

=====================================
    Duration: 1 min(s)

To my eye that sort of error would probably be something on the program's end? Like it couldn't find its way back to the launcher/exe directory after navigating to the startpos_backup directory for whatever reason. The startpos_backup directory above is correct, after all.

For Rome II's Assembly Kit it was a known issue solvable via launching DAVE and BOB directly instead of from steam and deleting a particular file if you had launched from steam in the past, though in this case that file doesn't exist and even launching directly the error still occurs. A google search says that somebody encountered a similar problem with the Assembly Kit for Attila around a month ago.

My modified.log in the appdata folder does have two entries of note though:

campaigns/main_warhammer/startpos.esf missing
    campaigns/main_warhammer/startpos_backup.esf unknown file

after running BOB and getting the error. I tried deleting and validing those files through steam as well as clearing out my mods and the log folder in appdata but that didn't help. Neither did reinstalling the assembly kit and manually deleting its folder.
  • jdharrowjdharrow Posts: 12Registered Users
    edited July 2016
    First off, love this tool, thank you for supporting us with this! I'm having trouble with TWeak and data after the Beastmen patch.

I can still see local edits by going to "Connection > Display Local Changes", but but cannot actually access any of my local edits after the patch, effectively they appear to have been removed.

On some level I understand how this could have happened with a patch, but is there any way to get it back? Not sure what to do to make those actually roll into TWeak itself after the patch. Is i possible or am I relegated to working in Pack File Manager from now on if I want to work on the mod... Hopefully not because I prefer the referencing I can do in-line with TWeak!

• MoritasgusMoritasgus Posts: 744Registered Users
    jdharrow said:

First off, love this tool, thank you for supporting us with this! I'm having trouble with TWeak and data after the Beastmen patch.

I can still see local edits by going to "Connection > Display Local Changes", but but cannot actually access any of my local edits after the patch, effectively they appear to have been removed.

On some level I understand how this could have happened with a patch, but is there any way to get it back? Not sure what to do to make those actually roll into TWeak itself after the patch. Is i possible or am I relegated to working in Pack File Manager from now on if I want to work on the mod... Hopefully not because I prefer the referencing I can do in-line with TWeak!

I think the answer is you have lost everything but i'm not 100% sure.
    There was a new set of data released yesterday which steam then overwrote all the old data so i suspect that removed all your changes.
    I do everything with PFM only occasionally using the official tools to check the vanilla data.
    I've usually got 2 PFM windows open at the same time, one with my mod in and the other with CAs vanilla packs so i can use them for reference.
    Not sure its that easy if you are creating startpos changes though.

How he fixes the old connection bug is basically what happened to everyone last night with the update
  • lysandroslysandros Posts: 2Registered Users
    My issue seems to have resolved itself with the latest update.
  • ArayelArayel Junior Member Posts: 286Registered Users
    edited August 2016
    So in DAVE Start_Pos_Victory_Conditions is a blank table, however in the original Star_Pos file itself it has a lot of information that creates chapter and victory conditions in the game. As soon as you do an export to binary to build a new start_pos there are no longer victory positions in the game...I'm going to go ahead and assume this isn't right......

Please look into this asap, a lot of people rely on start_pos editing for major mods, not least Legendary Lords by Magnar!!!
  • horace35horace35 Junior Member Posts: 197Registered Users
    @Darren_CA
    any sort of time frame for the next Assembly Kit update?

The missing victory conditions are 100% annoying
  • SteelFaithSteelFaith Senior Member Posts: 1,000Registered Users
    edited September 2016
    In the DB main_units, projectiles_tables, unit_special_abilities_tables are totally blank and have no data, and there are other tables totally blank as well.
  • ArayelArayel Junior Member Posts: 286Registered Users
    edited September 2016

In the DB main_units, projectiles_tables, unit_special_abilities_tables are totally blank and have no data, and there are other tables totally blank as well.

I think this is actually a PFM issue. The data must still be there for even the vanilla game to be running so I guess we are waiting on an update for PFM not DAVE. Although the least you could have done CA was fix the damn victory conditions table missing issue....
  • SteelFaithSteelFaith Senior Member Posts: 1,000Registered Users
    Yea, I just found that out, thanks for the reply though.
  • horace35horace35 Junior Member Posts: 197Registered Users
    Arayel said:

I think this is actually a PFM issue. The data must still be there for even the vanilla game to be running so I guess we are waiting on an update for PFM not DAVE. Although the least you could have done CA was fix the damn victory conditions table missing issue....
    Indeed, or at least acknowledge it and give us an idea of a timeframe
  • PrometheusPrometheus Senior Member Posts: 581Registered Users
    Please the map editor , we need it !
  • OrionoxOrionox Posts: 146Registered Users
    any word on a map editor?
  • DawnOfGamingDawnOfGaming Posts: 2Registered Users
    HI, I've had a pretty upsetting bug recently. In my Mod Manager, a group of mods refuses to fully upload, invalidating my saves and my co-op saves, as well as just making me frustrated. I deleted all of my mods and re-installed them, but the group of non-uploading mods just changed to different mods. Do you know why this is? Sorry if this is in the wrong place, but you said general bugs too....
  • DawnOfGamingDawnOfGaming Posts: 2Registered Users

HI, I've had a pretty upsetting bug recently. In my Mod Manager, a group of mods refuses to fully upload, invalidating my saves and my co-op saves, as well as just making me frustrated. I deleted all of my mods and re-installed them, but the group of non-uploading mods just changed to different mods. Do you know why this is? Sorry if this is in the wrong place, but you said general bugs too....

I don't know if this was you, but it's fixed now. Thanks!
  • MoritasgusMoritasgus Posts: 744Registered Users
    Not sure anywhere else to put this, struggling to add a nice bridge to a map.
    I'm using it as a kind of raised walkway, the underside of the bridge runs along the ground with its supports being way underground so you can't see them.
    I'm also clipping it through an archway and into the mouth of a hill.

=== TerryTile / Process Terry tile (heightmap) (c:/program files (x86)/steam/steamapps/common/total war warhammer/assembly_kit/raw_data/terrain/tiles/battle/_assembly_kit/cf77fba2_33a7_4dfe_a518_aa2e1cf380b7/) ===
    ERROR: Failed to load height map mesh file 'c:/program files (x86)/steam/steamapps/common/total war warhammer/assembly_kit/raw_data/art/buildings/dwf/underway/dwf_underway_bridge_01.cs2'.
    Conversion of terrain tile failed.
  • bennymclbennymcl Senior Member Montreal, CanadaPosts: 2,689Registered Users

Not sure anywhere else to put this, struggling to add a nice bridge to a map.
    I'm using it as a kind of raised walkway, the underside of the bridge runs along the ground with its supports being way underground so you can't see them.
    I'm also clipping it through an archway and into the mouth of a hill.

=== TerryTile / Process Terry tile (heightmap) (c:/program files (x86)/steam/steamapps/common/total war warhammer/assembly_kit/raw_data/terrain/tiles/battle/_assembly_kit/cf77fba2_33a7_4dfe_a518_aa2e1cf380b7/) ===
    ERROR: Failed to load height map mesh file 'c:/program files (x86)/steam/steamapps/common/total war warhammer/assembly_kit/raw_data/art/buildings/dwf/underway/dwf_underway_bridge_01.cs2'.
    Conversion of terrain tile failed.

I am getting this too :(
  • wtchappellwtchappell Posts: 2Registered Users
    I can process the startpos of the main Warhammer campaign and the Wood Elves campaign, but the Total War: Warhammer executable crashes whenever I try to process the Beastmen campaign startpos.

Could someone look into what's broken about the Beastmen startpos.esf?