Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Total war: Warhammer Update and Patch Notes!

CHARLOTTEB_CACHARLOTTEB_CA AdministratorPosts: 3,031Registered Users
edited June 2016 in General Discussion
Hi everyone!

That's right - today is Wednesday-Newsday! Surprise! Forget Tuesday, Wednesday is where it's at now, and do we have a lot of news for you? Yes. Yes we do.

First up - we announced a patch. You've been asking for it, and here it is. We mentioned some of the things involved in it during the livestream, but if you missed that and wanted to hear it again, here are some highlights: five new battle maps in multiplayer, unit rebalancing across the Old World, sieging against the AI will be harder, agents will be nerfed somewhat and... Blood Knights are coming. They're on their way.

For more detail - a LOT more detail - click here to check out the full patch notes: http://wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War_WARHAMMER_Update_1

The patch + Free-LC is out at 2PM BST on 30 June 2016.

And the second thing is another thing you've been asking for - DX12. This is an opt-in beta that will be available to try in game. Our work on DX12 is ongoing and there are some outstanding issues still to solve, so we’re keeping it as a beta feature for now.

If you want more information on all of this and to check your PC can handle it, click here: http://wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War_WARHAMMER_DirectX_12_System_Requirements

It's a bloody good update, isn't it?

Formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.
Post edited by CHARLOTTEB_CA on

Comments

• thesniperdevilthesniperdevil Senior Member Posts: 1,929Registered Users
    edited June 2016
  • AkrotiriAkrotiri Senior Member Hellenic RepublicPosts: 873Registered Users
    edited June 2016
    So according to the list dx12 isn't compatible with the NVIDIA 980ti?? The fix is in I guess, very bad business practices to collude with AMD to sabotage NVIDIA users. Shame on you CA, I will not switch to AMD.

Also, you didn't even list the patch build number. How are we supposed to know if it downloaded.
    "Hence we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like Greeks"
    -Winston Churchill , after the Greek victory against fascist Italy during WW2.
    explorechios.gr
  • Southern_HunterSouthern_Hunter Posts: 153Registered Users
    Looks good. Was hoping for DLC, but still looks good.
  • Zatrakus95Zatrakus95 Posts: 708Registered Users
    Hell yeah! Great job CA!
  • ~UNiOnJaCk~~UNiOnJaCk~ Senior Member Posts: 145Registered Users
    Clear the field, the Blood Knights have arrived!!! :smiley:

Agreed, Charlotte - an excellent update. Many thanks, CA!
  • AstraeusAstraeus Member BrittonisPosts: 344Registered Users
    edited June 2016
    Awesome news! Da boyz iz pleased!
    Mork is now considerably Morkier.
    Post edited by Astraeus on
  • GRAY_HATGRAY_HAT Senior Member UKPosts: 5,394Registered Users
    Blood knights!
    Team Wood Elves

boyfights loves wood elves.

"Heaven forbid that under the Vail of military training we should subject our young men to the lust of our general" - Hanno to the Carthaginian senate on the future of Hannibal.

"Guard mode is back in Warhammer :)" - Darren_CA

"It's amazing how many mistakes your enemy will make in haste after seeing that he's outgunned" -The Organ King
  • ArbitraryDwarfArbitraryDwarf Posts: 111Registered Users
    Where is the livestream being held? Any links?
  • ValeliValeli Senior Member Posts: 1,900Registered Users
    When is this patch/flc out - is it out now?
  • HuntingDogHuntingDog Senior Member Posts: 1,415Registered Users
    No blood & gore ? I think an official statement would be nice. Is it actually ever coming to WH?
  • Scipio820Scipio820 Posts: 8Registered Users
    edited June 2016
    Major Orc buffs lads!
    -Goblins are now more ticklish.
    -Mork is now considerably Morkier.
    -Gork is now appreciably Gorkier.

The dream!
  • iceniiicenii Senior Member The PhilippinesPosts: 1,261Registered Users
    Might finally stop all those " Where's the Patch" threads we get every day.
    I cannot force you to believe the truth but i can allow you to believe a lie. Quote by me " Icenii ".
  • VastatorVastator Senior Member Posts: 1,423Registered Users
    edited June 2016
    Is the Dx12 list accurate or not? I have a laptop with a GTX 860M and a desktop with a r9 280, and I CAN PLAY games on dx12 such as Ashes of Singularity and Rise of Tomb Raider on these cards, but these are not on the list and many others seem missing? i need to worry about ?? :(
    Post edited by Vastator on
    Disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.
    Also because i don't work for The Creative Assembly or SEGA.

Creator of "Vastator Unit Style" for Shogun 2: Here or here
  • GrudgeNLGrudgeNL Senior Member Posts: 7,148Registered Users

So according to the list dx12 isn't compatible with the NVIDIA 980ti?? The fix is in I guess, very bad business practices to collude with AMD to sabotage NVIDIA users. Shame on you CA, I will not switch to AMD.

According to the Wiki this is not really CA's fault.

"In readiness for DX12, AMD have been building Async Compute functionality into their GPUs for quite some time now, including the new RX480. This means that, while some earlier-gen NVIDIA cards are technically DX12 compatible, you’ll see more DX11-to-DX12 performance gains across a greater range of AMD cards, as they get the benefit of Async Compute and therefore parallelize tasks better."
    Grudge's Mods
    Total War: Karling - Coming soon...-ish
    Grudge's Total War: Attila - Sassanid UI skin here on the Steam Workshop
  • Erman2626Erman2626 Junior Member Posts: 53Registered Users
    I'm confused,steam didn't update my TWW.

Is it out or not ?
    So does the DX12 patch run on NVIDIA cards or not? The patch notes only say that they don't support Asynch Compute. But that's not identical to saying that they don't work with the DX12 patch.

Since DX12 also has much better multi-threading support for draw calls which should help performance in certain CPU limited situations I would be nice to run the DX12 patch with NVIDIA cards as well, even without Asynch.

Erman2626 said:

I'm confused,steam didn't update my TWW.

Is it out or not ?

tomorrow
    Team Wood Elves

"Heaven forbid that under the Vail of military training we should subject our young men to the lust of our general" - Hanno to the Carthaginian senate on the future of Hannibal.

"It's amazing how many mistakes your enemy will make in haste after seeing that he's outgunned" -The Organ King
  • TheokolesOfRomeTheokolesOfRome Senior Member The Highlands in me kilt.Posts: 1,472Registered Users
    If what balancing I've seen here is the shape of things to come - this will be the worst balanced Total War game to date.

Very poor work. Unbelievable in fact.
    My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/brightbluejacket1
    Watch if you like high quality, edited and cinematic videos with informed content.
    My Rig:
    i7 8700k @ 4ghz
    1 x Titan X Pascal
    16GB 3000Mhz Ram
    1TB SSD Drive
    34" Curved Monitor 3440x1440p

If what balancing I've seen here is the shape of things to come - this will be the worst balanced Total War game to date.

care to give an example?
    Team Wood Elves

• ktemowoktemowo Junior Member Posts: 27Registered Users
    edited June 2016
    Checked notes, couldn't tell if Hero quests, for unique items , where the actual quest itself, FAILED TO TRIGGER was patched or not? Anyone know?
  • DodanodoDodanodo Senior Member Posts: 353Registered Users
    I have a question regarding the patch notes.

Under Campaign Changes it says: "Character experience is no longer awarded for sacking a settlement."

Does that mean a general will never gain experience if he sacks a settlement, not even from fighting the garrison?
    Or was there simply an experience bonus after fighting the garrison for also sacking the settlement that was thusly removed?
    Dodanodo said:

Under Campaign Changes it says: "Character experience is no longer awarded for sacking a settlement."

Does that mean a general will never gain experience if he sacks a settlement, not even from fighting the garrison?
    Or was there simply an experience bonus after fighting the garrison for also sacking the settlement that was thusly removed?

he should still get the battle experience and the normal "in charge of" tick but, as you say, no bonus exp for sacking
    Team Wood Elves

• kweiss94kweiss94 Member Posts: 121Registered Users
    edited June 2016
    @CA: May I ask where to mod the innate traits that are triggered when a character is created?

I can`t seem to find them in the export_triggers.

• JDog91JDog91 Junior Member Posts: 472Registered Users
    Great update! Little miffed about being shafted on DX12 being a 980ti owner (Not exactly going to go out and buy an AMD card just because lol DX12), but the rest is grand.
    JDog91 said:

Great update! Little miffed about being shafted on DX12 being a 980ti owner (Not exactly going to go out and buy an AMD card just because lol DX12), but the rest is grand.

980TI is supported for DX12. It's just that they can't do Asynch Compute but that's a NVIDIA GPU architectural problem.

DX12 should still be better, especially in CPU limited situations (e.g. zooming in on a lot of units).
  • GrudgeNLGrudgeNL Senior Member Posts: 7,148Registered Users
    edited June 2016
    JDog91 said:

You might still gain a performance boost. The Wiki only states a yes/no when talking about Async compute, which is not a feature in many nvidia cards. All cards listed are DX12 compatible.
    Grudge's Mods
    Total War: Karling - Coming soon...-ish
    Grudge's Total War: Attila - Sassanid UI skin here on the Steam Workshop
  • TheokolesOfRomeTheokolesOfRome Senior Member The Highlands in me kilt.Posts: 1,472Registered Users
    edited June 2016
    grayhat said:

care to give an example?
    Invocation of Nehek and increased physical resistance for ethereal units to name one.

Check out this video why this will keep vamps at the top:

Debuff to savage orcs for another.

Also Forasken receiving so much debuffs when they are pretty much the only good thing about Chaos.

EDIT: And just the general fact that all this rebalancing has been done with stat and mechanic changes as opposed to cost changes only.

None of these get tested. It's just guess work. And imo uneducated guess work that goes into this sort of balancing.

Sorry if I sound salty - I've just seen this too often now.
    My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/brightbluejacket1
    Watch if you like high quality, edited and cinematic videos with informed content.
    My Rig:
    i7 8700k @ 4ghz
    1 x Titan X Pascal
    16GB 3000Mhz Ram
    1TB SSD Drive
    34" Curved Monitor 3440x1440p
  • DodanodoDodanodo Senior Member Posts: 353Registered Users
    grayhat said:

Dodanodo said:

he should still get the battle experience and the normal "in charge of" tick but, as you say, no bonus exp for sacking
    Ah, thank you for the clarification. I was not aware of that bonus.
  • SetrusSetrus Senior Member SwedenPosts: 18,135Registered Users
    Dat list... :open_mouth:
    icenii said:

Might finally stop all those " Where's the Patch" threads we get every day.

Oh you're funny. ;)
This discussion has been closed.