Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Armenia / Roxolani as Flc with the next patch

RogerUSARogerUSA Posts: 21Registered Users
edited August 2016 in General Discussion
Hello ,

I propose that with the next patch CA should release playable Roxolani or Armenia as Flc. For now, only Sassanid Empire is a playable faction in the East. In my opinion it's not enough . I think it's worth adding content to Attila because not everyone likes a fantasy climate which is in TW: Warhammer.

Greetings!
Post edited by RogerUSA on

Comments

• ColeusColeus Senior Member Western Roman EmpirePosts: 666Registered Users
    Technically you can play as the White Huns in the east, but point taken. I doubt we're getting any more patches or content for Attila, tbh.
    "Dear God, forgive us."

Grizzled TW veteran.
  • HrafnHrafn Posts: 305Registered Users
    I tried Warhammer, and it was okay. I don't get why people are raving over it being this great game.

Honestly, it got tiresome really fast. I uninstalled after a week.
  • RonBurgundyRonBurgundy Senior Member Posts: 2,343Registered Users
    Hrafn said:

I tried Warhammer, and it was okay. I don't get why people are raving over it being this great game.

Honestly, it got tiresome really fast. I uninstalled after a week.

Same. I think it'll be great once the other two expansions are out but right now, it can't hold my attention.
    Team Mercia

Team Picts

Team WRE
  • TheBraveKnightTheBraveKnight Senior Member Posts: 1,657Registered Users
    I doubt there will be anymore content or patches for Attila - However, if there is I hope Dalton updates his Grand Campaign 2.0 mod.

That mod makes Attila truly enjoyable.
    Current Top 3 Total War List

1) Thrones of Britannia - Art style, soundtrack, aging portraits, sieges, politics, and trait system!
    (Prob 3 Kingdoms after I invest more hours. Awesome awesome game!)

2) Warhammer 2 - Eye of the Vortex

3) Shogun 2

Honorable mentions - Medieval 1

• Ephraim_DaltonEphraim_Dalton Senior Member Posts: 22,111Registered Users
    I'm actually working on an update right now, to bring the Slavs and Empires of Sand in line with my other changes. I'm just having CTD issues because I probably made a typo somewhere and I have to put in edits line by line which is incredibly tedious.

• TheBraveKnightTheBraveKnight Senior Member Posts: 1,657Registered Users

I'm actually working on an update right now, to bring the Slavs and Empires of Sand in line with my other changes. I'm just having CTD issues because I probably made a typo somewhere and I have to put in edits line by line which is incredibly tedious.

Oh, right on. Glad to hear that.

Out of curiosity, where did you find the replacement faction symbols for some of the Barbarian factions?
    Current Top 3 Total War List

1) Thrones of Britannia - Art style, soundtrack, aging portraits, sieges, politics, and trait system!
    (Prob 3 Kingdoms after I invest more hours. Awesome awesome game!)

2) Warhammer 2 - Eye of the Vortex

3) Shogun 2

Honorable mentions - Medieval 1

• Ephraim_DaltonEphraim_Dalton Senior Member Posts: 22,111Registered Users
    They're self-made, but the basic shapes are from various free sources on the internet, mostly germanic/nordic/celtic symbols.

• RogerUSARogerUSA Posts: 21Registered Users
    edited July 2016
    Ephraim,

Are you going to improve Sarmatian Factions (Roxolanians , Iazyges) in your mod ? They absolutely should not have Mongolian units in they roster. They would be playable in campaign and custom battles in this mod?

• Arcanus97Arcanus97 Senior Member The SouthPosts: 810Registered Users
    The Lahkmids, Tahnukids, Axum, Himyar, and the White Huns are in the East.
    Grace CA wrote: »
    I, for one, welcome our new Corgi overlords.

I lost my faith that something will be released to Attila. At most, a small hotfix and that's all about this game. That's a pity.
  • DemcikDemcik Posts: 125Registered Users
    edited July 2016
    RogerUSA said:

I lost my faith that something will be released to Attila. At most, a small hotfix and that's all about this game. That's a pity.

You never know. Last patch to Rome 2 was released 7 months after last DLC content, when Attila was already after several DLCs. Also Shogun II and FotS were supported some time after release, when other games were already on air.

• chrissher7chrissher7 Junior Member Posts: 2,038Registered Users
    Coleus said:

Technically you can play as the White Huns in the east, but point taken. I doubt we're getting any more patches or content for Attila, tbh.

I think we will be. The wiki still says next faction coming soon in it and the custom battle set up screen still has one faction space left on it's second line. I think it will be between now and September (The next big Warhammer DLC if those data mined files are accurate.).

• ColeusColeus Senior Member Western Roman EmpirePosts: 666Registered Users

Coleus said:

I think we will be. The wiki still says next faction coming soon in it and the custom battle set up screen still has one faction space left on it's second line. I think it will be between now and September (The next big Warhammer DLC if those data mined files are accurate.).
    Fingers crossed that you're right - the game feels 95% done; one more patch would probably polish it off nicely.
    "Dear God, forgive us."

Grizzled TW veteran.
    Coleus said:

Coleus said:

Fingers crossed that you're right - the game feels 95% done; one more patch would probably polish it off nicely.
    Hopefully add some optimisations.

edited August 2016
    I can not decide between Armenia and Roxolani (reworked) for final faction. These proposals are equally good. B)
    I would take the Roxolani over the Armenians. We've got more than enough desert factions, and Armenia would just be a copy and paste of the other Sassanid Satrapy we already have. Bring on a unique faction like the Roxolani. We only have two dedicated nomads and both are Huns.

• RonBurgundyRonBurgundy Senior Member Posts: 2,343Registered Users
    Arcanus said:

I would take the Roxolani over the Armenians. We've got more than enough desert factions, and Armenia would just be a copy and paste of the other Sassanid Satrapy we already have. Bring on a unique faction like the Roxolani. We only have two dedicated nomads and both are Huns.

In my opinion, I don't think we need another nomad faction razing settlements. I think Armenia would be interesting. The Sassanids are the only faction with their roster and they're really powerful. It would be interesting to play with that roster but with a smaller faction and a satrapy to boot. It would be a unique situation with a few different directions to expand into
    Team Mercia

Team Picts

Team WRE
  • JuniusJunius Member Posts: 127Registered Users
    Arcanus said:

I don't think that Armenia would be a copy paste of existing satrapys. They're more unique than that in culture and roster. Roxolani didn't even exist as a tribal power in 395 A.D. Sabirs would be a better bet if you wanted another nomadic faction, though I can't stretch my brain as to why though.
    Completed Campaigns in Attila on H: Ostrogoths, Huns, Burgundians, Saxons, Visigoths, Ebdanians, WRE, Vandals on H and Legendary, Himyar, Anteans TLR: Vandals, Visigoths, Roman Expedition and Kingdom of Rome AoC: All Factions completed

Check out my Attila AAR: Trapstila Vandalarius: The Romano-Gothic Empire on TWC
    edited August 2016
    I'm afraid this is the end. Now they focus on Warhammer where they can gain money. Attila still have a potential for content - for example Eastern and Nomadic Factions. But Warhammer offer more money for company now.... Although i would like to CA surprised us with Flc faction and good patch. Unfortunately, now we have only silence , nothing new in SteamDB for a long time.
    edited August 2016
    RogerUSA said:

I'm afraid this is the end. Now they focus on Warhammer where they can gain money. Attila still have a potential for content - for example Eastern and Nomadic Factions. But Warhammer offer more money for company now.... Although i would like to CA surprised us with Flc faction and good patch. Unfortunately, now we have only silence , nothing new in SteamDB for a long time.

Come on, they have to at least repair what was broken by them with recent patches, like lack of climate lightning on campaign map (the game is no longer 'dark and apocalyptic') or barbarian warlords having only default garment. And there was some activity of devs soon after Slavic DLC release. And there is still 'Next faction coming soon' on Wiki, though this might be trolling;-)
    Post edited by Demcik on
  • HrafnHrafn Posts: 305Registered Users
    I can't stand Warhammer. Uninstalled after a week. Hoped that it would die off quickly, but people seem to like it; so much for that.
    RogerUSA said:

I'm not sure that's the case. There are a good number of people in the Total War community such as myself, who have no interest in Warhammer and would like some sort of new historical content.

• jamreal18jamreal18 Senior Member Posts: 8,637Registered Users

Coleus said:

Really? I will wait then...
    jamreal18 said:

Coleus said:

Really? I will wait then...
    Another thing that backs this up is that Rome 2 got it's last patch around this time last year as well.

• FedorFedor Junior Member Posts: 166Registered Users
    I want both. It is not a hard work, most of the things are already in the game: culture, units, buildings. CA needs just victory conditions. I think CA still can make a money on Attila by creating campaign DLCs. And give such factions as Armenia and Roxolans as FLC content.
    I'd like CA support Attila till next historical project be complete. I tried to play WH some time but it become boring fast.
  • ProsperoProspero Posts: 18Registered Users
    Hoping hoping hoping hoping but CA is probably gonna let us down
    Maybe after adding dlc for Warhammer CA will make patch for Attila and hopefully add new final faction.
    Exactly, I think that when all this Warhammer hype is over, we will get some patch.
  • DesertNomadDesertNomad Junior Member Posts: 31Registered Users
    I strongly await that final faction ( great hopes for Roxolani :smiley: ). Also I saw the wiki page which says next faction is coming soon. What do u think about when it will come to us?
    One day Masaesyli(numidia) shall be playable, on that day my soul truly shall feel complete...
    CA pls give us Masaesyli for God's sake!