Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

User Info RequiredGreat Performance Before Patch. Absolutely rock bottom post-patch.

OsredOsred Senior MemberRegistered Users Posts: 108
edited July 2016 in Performance & Graphics
It's a shame, but your latest patch now prevents me playing at a stable fps. Performance has hit rock bottom 10-15fps (previously 60+) in both DX11 and 12, no blood.

This is simply from loading into a battle. I've never seen such a drop in fps from a patch in all my 11 years of playing TW.

Build Number

Detailed description of your issue
-FPS Drop post patch. Entering a battle with low fps.

Reproduction steps
- Maximum settings, no blood/with blood. Both DX11/12

Attached files.

Post edited by ca_guy on
Tagged:

Comments

• NaberiusNaberius Junior Member Users Awaiting Email Confirmation - NO EMAIL Posts: 11
    I have a 980 TI and an i7 6700k 4.0 ghz on 40 v 40 battles with large unit size the fps drops horribly at maximum settings, DX12. This is only after the patch, before the patch I was running this perfect.
  • s4ccios4ccio Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 66
    Naberius I advice to use dx11, I have your same config and I really lose a lot of fps using dx12.
    I must say that I realized a little loss in fps after this patch, always using dx11 like before patch
  • MrRaTmAnMrRaTmAn Registered Users Posts: 181
    Can confirm issue. Before patch all was butter-smooth, about 40-50FPS, even on my rather old, but rugged PC.
    After - still playable, but overall performance dropped like Doom Diver - about 25-30 with stuttering.
    I'm on dx11 all the time. Also, changes in graphical settings do almost nothing to help the performance.

ca pls fix
  • BillyRuffianBillyRuffian Moderator UKRegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 36,654
    For the time being you could try rolling back to the previous build https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/179501/how-to-roll-back-to-previous-patches

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

|Takeda| Yokota Takatoshi

Forum Terms and Conditions: - https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest

"We wunt be druv". iot6pc7dn8qs.png
  • TerrikTerrik Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 3
    Thank God, I thought I was going nuts. I hadn't played the game in a couple weeks, booted it up and sat here thinking, "I SWEAR this ran smoother". So a patch messed things up. Hopefully another patch fixes it back.
  • CryohydratesCryohydrates Member Registered Users Posts: 59
    My 980 Ti is also having a tremendous loss in frame rate as well, its so odd as before id get around 60 on campaign map and now I get below 45. In battles it could dip to around 10-20, thankfully they seem to be working on this. Would the fix come out in the next patch or would they implement a mini patch of sorts?
  • ca_guyca_guy Registered Users, Moderators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff Posts: 1,171
    Hey guys,

Reminder to post up your dxdiags if you are having this issue, there is a link in the support section in the forum if you don't know how.

Thanks for your reports,
    Guy
    Formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of Creative Assembly or SEGA. | Lord name: guise |

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file