Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Sea Battles

JohnHindeJohnHinde Registered Users Posts: 2
edited August 2022 in Warhammer Campaign Feedback
Okay so I know that sea battles for right now are probably a low priority for you guys, but autoresolving them all just breaks my immersion pretty badly. Especially when playing as the dwarfs and I wanna sack a few of those pesky humans across the bay, or vise versa. It would be especially awesome should new continents play a bigger part in the second or third continents. It would also fit pretty well with lore. The empire could build the more traditional ships such as galleys and ships of the line with research, the dwarfs could build iron clads, that while incredibly slow don't rely on the wind and have higher defense, the greenskins could have ships kind of cobbled together, but have higher boarding power and could perhaps steal ships from the other species (very orc like in my opinion) and use them against others, the vampires could have cursed ships (think The Curse of the Black Pearl), and chaos could have sea monsters. You could then add a Water Mage that would be especially useful to turn tides, whip up storms, and other various affects.
Post edited by CA_Will#2514 on

Comments

• Cagen5Cagen5 Registered Users Posts: 22
    I hate sea battles. I auto-resolve every single one of them in every total war. I wondered if anyone ever cared about them. Sorry you are missing them but I, for one, am glad they aren't in the game
  • JohnHindeJohnHinde Registered Users Posts: 2
    Cagen5 said:

I hate sea battles. I auto-resolve every single one of them in every total war. I wondered if anyone ever cared about them. Sorry you are missing them but I, for one, am glad they aren't in the game

True. I'll admit that even in past games I was a bit disappointed, but that doesn't mean that just because previous ones were disappointing doesn't mean that they should just never try again. Even if they should try and fail then they can learn from that and make the next one better. Who knows ten years from now they could have advanced so much that sea battles could be a main staple of the franchise along with land battles. Still we are both entitled to what we wanna see. I just wanna see them at least attempted.
  • MrRaTmAnMrRaTmAn Registered Users Posts: 181
    It's possible they'll add them in next game, which supposedly should bring us a new big chunk of the sea.

Also, agreed. People didin't enjoy previous naval battles because they were simply a fail in themselves. It doesn't mean it cannot be done right for once.

Also, coast landings were actually pretty fun imo, especially in Attila.
    ca pls fix
  • rinsuirinsui Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 105
    Cagen5 said:

I really liked sea battles in Shogun 2.
  • ElderDaysElderDays Registered Users Posts: 48
    The naval battles in Empire and Napoleon were fun for me. I would imagine that naval warfare may be introduced when the elf factions are released since Dark Elves and High Elves are the two races most associated with nautical combat.
  • Combat_WombatCombat_Wombat Registered Users Posts: 4,092
    The more things they add in that were in older TW games, the better. There's no reason not to have as much content as possible especially when its worked so well in the past.
  • KGpoopyKGpoopy Registered Users Posts: 2,009
    CA please put sea battles back in. I want to attack the northmen from the sea and blow up their poop huts and be off. Sea battles looked very cool too.

Introduction to dark elves and other sea faring races is a great opportunity to bring back sea battles despite the strange opposition to it from some fans (Like auto reslove isn't there SMH).

The more things they add in that were in older TW games, the better. There's no reason not to have as much content as possible especially when its worked so well in the past.

Can't agree with you more. I'd probably fall out my chair.