Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Blood and Gore DLC bug - SIGVALD-

MalessarMalessar Posts: 36Registered Users
I have come here to report a bug. With the new DLC, Sigvald's face, armor and cloak all get stained in BLOOD.
This has to be a bug. Sigvald's armor and cloak are blessed by Slaneesh, they don't get dirty. Ever. And he floats over the ground not to dirty his boots either. You need to fix this bug. It's breaking the lore.

Comments

• rhinoinsomniacrhinoinsomniac Member Posts: 950Registered Users
    lol should it be like the dimensional barrier that the mechs in Aldnoah Zero have? (don't watch this show, the writing is terrible in season 2) blood hits Sigvald and just gets absorbed producing some weird iridescent rainbow pulsing

honey will catch more flies than vinegar

Team Lizardmen

• KrunchKrunch Junior Member Posts: 3,826Registered Users
    Probably just an oversight, not a bug. Not that I disagree, in fact I agree completely, literally the POINT of the Auric Armor quest is to get armor that never gets dirty.

to quote reddit user /u/Ashyn on the Total war reddit(page here: https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/4qmo2b/literally_unplayable_unclean_sigvald/ )

"Such substandard scandals sourced from sinister software supporters soaking Sigvald, the superior, sagacious, svelte servant of Slaanesh in sanguinary solvents!

Sigvald should slash, stab and slaughter secure and safe from severe splashings, slaying skinny skeletons of Sylvania shiningly scrubbed! Stunning our souls this sacriligeous sacrifice, shall we stand sad and slovenly or shout and slander for our sublime, serendipitous scion of Slaanesh, Sigvald?!

Sullen slapdash strivings by stupid Imperial stinkers surrender our supreme soverign to stunning sloppings, scorning the scintillating sheen of sorcerous sabatons!

Scurrilous!"
  • IndyprideIndypride Senior Member Posts: 1,655Registered Users
    edited July 2016

I have come here to report a bug. With the new DLC, Sigvald's face, armor and cloak all get stained in BLOOD.
    This has to be a bug. Sigvald's armor and cloak are blessed by Slaneesh, they don't get dirty. Ever. And he floats over the ground not to dirty his boots either. You need to fix this bug. It's breaking the lore.

Have you read the Sigvald novel by Darius Hinks? He brings his Slaaneshi army to fight a champion of Khorne on his home turf, and gets so disgusted with the blood and gore spattering his body he basically leaves his army to die. He definitely gets bloody in that novel, and that novel is canon ;P

I do wish he floated though, and I wish he was faster.
  • KrunchKrunch Junior Member Posts: 3,826Registered Users
    He did get the Strider Trait iirc from the patch notes @Indypride so I guess that's CA's way of saying "Use your Imagination!"
  • KGpoopyKGpoopy Posts: 2,009Registered Users
    While you all are making really good cases for Sigvald, I don't think CA will go out of their way to give him special treatment because of a very specific lore thing. If so, they mind as well do it for everyone else.

For example Kolek is suppose to be big and strong enough to knock walls and and castle doors down. Hordes of Chaos shouldn't feud and fight with Archaon's horde because he is "Everchosen" and they are all "Undivided".
    But it is what is, because it's a fair game mechanic I guess.
  • MalessarMalessar Posts: 36Registered Users
    Please fix this. With the new DLC, Sigvald's face, armor and cloak all get stained in BLOOD.
    This has to be a bug. Sigvald's armor and cloak are blessed by Slaneesh, they don't get dirty. Ever. And he floats over the ground not to dirty his boots either. You need to fix this please. It's breaking the lore.
    I mean it is the entire point of the armor... And it really wouldn't take a lot to modify that XD
  • KGpoopyKGpoopy Posts: 2,009Registered Users
  • AetaosRauKeresAetaosRauKeres Posts: 327Registered Users

True. I hope CA can fix this
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USAPosts: 18,574Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    Combining this thread with the one opened in Feedback.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin
  • TijuTiju TulifurdumPosts: 109Registered Users
    Blood is no dirt but a sign of honor because you gutted the other guy and stepped onto his bowels. Take it like this till someone finds time to change it, if any. ;)
  • creatingthesilkroadcreatingthesilkroad Posts: 107Registered Users
    I don't think it will take CA to fix this, can't a modder fix this?
  • TempestWolfTempestWolf Senior Member Posts: 799Registered Users
    Came here to check for a post like this, or make one :smiley: ... I agree... you went to the trouble of giving him the strider ability to make him more fluffy... could you please spare a little bit of time to make him not affected by the blood dirtying effects? Please CA :smile:
    We kill-slay all surface-things yes yes? Wait... no no... beard-things are not not surface-things... kill beard-things too... and surface things... yes yes.

I add this image of Ikit Claw to beak up the monotony that threads can fall into (except the screenshot one). I take no credit for it and the author seems to be watermarked on it.
  • Lexen_RapierLexen_Rapier Junior Member Posts: 262Registered Users
    A modder could probably just change it so that the Sigvald blood is transparent and clear (so it has no visual effect).
  • HoneyBunHoneyBun Senior Member Posts: 4,433Registered Users
    Agree - he's too fabulous for this

They are making an FPS. Who knew a company could have a mid-life crisis ...

• Combat_WombatCombat_Wombat Posts: 4,092Registered Users
    edited July 2016
    I would do a whole paragraph of 'S' words on bow blasphemous this is but... I kinda have a thing against Sigvald. He kinda booted Valkia out of her rightful place as a legendary lord. I just pretend the blood is his and chuckle to myself.
    Post edited by Combat_Wombat on

A modder could probably just change it so that the Sigvald blood is transparent and clear (so it has no visual effect).

Don't know if it will work... from my understanding, units have an attribute set if they bleed or not. So skeletons have it on false, buuuut, it is fairly obvious that even though they do not bleed, they are in fact covered by bleeding unit blood. So even if you make Sigvald's blood transparent or set the value to false... he will still get covered in enemy blood. I don't know if there is a setting for disabling blood graphics on a unit model, that may do the job.
    We kill-slay all surface-things yes yes? Wait... no no... beard-things are not not surface-things... kill beard-things too... and surface things... yes yes.

I add this image of Ikit Claw to beak up the monotony that threads can fall into (except the screenshot one). I take no credit for it and the author seems to be watermarked on it.
  • ThanquolThanquol Senior Member SkavenblightPosts: 2,017Registered Users
    This cannot be!!! I'm surpised CA overlooked this.

I hope CA is in the process of fixing this bug and hope to see it mentioned in the notes come next patch.
    "Fear me for I am Grey Seer Thanqol, Greatest TWW player in all of Skavendom."

Team Skaven

Which team are you? Post in your signature

Team Empire Team Bretonnia Team Kislev Team Dwarf Team Chaos Dwarf Team High Elves
    Team Dark Elves
    Team Wood Elves Team Warriors of Chaos Team Daemons of Chaos
    Team Beastmen
    Team Vampire Counts Team Tomb Kings Team Orcs and Goblins
    Team Ogre Kingdoms
    Team Lizardmen Team Skaven

CA we implore you! We fluff lovers don't want to see our favourite blonde get dirty doing his favourite thing - stabbing with his blade. ;)
    No but seriously I really liked his lore and this is completely against it
    Ok, let's be frank now, it's not a bug... it's an omission, and a completely understandable one as it has absolutely no impact on gameplay, but it will be a nice trinket for us :). So if we ask CA nicely, maybe an official will spot this thread and give us this small trinket.

• Combat_WombatCombat_Wombat Posts: 4,092Registered Users
    Or we can demand it and march on CA HQ with pitchforks and torches and obnoxious chanting.

Buuuut they probably already know about it by now and I wouldn't be surprised if it was fixed in update 2.
  • Galvanized IronGalvanized Iron Senior Member Posts: 2,058Registered Users
    edited July 2016
    As I said before: he needs the "Shield of Vanity" attribute that protects against staining.
    |Sith|Lord|Galvanized Iron
    No, it isn't a bug, but you know, I just thought it might be funnier to let the devs know about this in this format =P to be honest. but it'd be a really nice detail if they fixed it so he doesn't get bloody, he isn't supposed to after all
    edited July 2016

As I said before: he needs the "Shield of Vanity" attribute that protects against staining.

A quest battle for his armor, or the Slaanesh blessing for it to not get dirty... a very hard battle and the reward literally ONLY being he gets no blood on his armor would be the awesomest thing ever done :))... I know I would go for the battle

Edit: isn't he also supposed to have a blessing/piece if kit that allows him to regenerate

Also, I think if his complexion gets damaged he goes insane :smiley: ... maybe a mechanic where he goes berserk below a health threshold with buffed damage and attack but incontrollable for a time, and you have to send troops to rescue him

Please CA... make Sigvald interesting...er

Edit 2: OP maybe change the title to "Make SIgvald Magnificent Again"

• Lexen_RapierLexen_Rapier Junior Member Posts: 262Registered Users

Also, I think if his complexion gets damaged he goes insane :smiley: ... maybe a mechanic where he goes berserk below a health threshold with buffed damage and attack but incontrollable for a time, and you have to send troops to rescue him

If we ever see them tell the story of the end times (which is 8th edition - and while a poor move for GW to destroy their world, the campaign would be epic for a total war setting).

Canonically Kell the Wight Lord manged to ruin his face - it would be nice if they had his character change in response to the event (No other person ever managed it).
    "Make Sigvald great again"? :P. Those quests proposed by TempestWolf are ridiculously awesome. If you could get those things for Sigvald in game, now that'd be something.
    Also, someone did ruin his face, but he wasn't ruined permanently, he regenerates. He just got absolutely crazy he wasn't "perfect" right then.
    Hoping this is mentioned as fixed in the patch notes.

Team Skaven

Team Empire Team Bretonnia Team Kislev Team Dwarf Team Chaos Dwarf Team High Elves
    Team Dark Elves
    Team Beastmen
    Team Ogre Kingdoms

REJOICE... for Sigvald is made magnificent again in the new patch notes.

edited July 2016

REJOICE... for Sigvald is made magnificent again in the new patch notes.

Yes I'm fully aware of the twistedness of the use of the above video in celebration of the warhammer worlds version of the Anti-Christ.
    Post edited by Thanquol on

Team Skaven

Team Dark Elves
    Team Beastmen
    Team Ogre Kingdoms

YESSSS. YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSS. THANK YOU GODS OF CHAOS AND WORKERS OF CA.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file