Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

I have a question

Kumdano9Kumdano9 Posts: 5Registered Users
so when you put any total war disc in you your pc getting ready to play will it just download the file then update like Similar to what an Xbox does or is it way more complicated then that because I'm getting a pc soon and I have no idea how to work and install the total war games like I'm just lost because I'm getting the of buying the total war games on discs no downloads and from there I'm just blank on what to do I think I put the disc in then I figure out what todo from there but I'm not buying them from steam that's like paying for something twice first I buy the disc then I go to steam and pay for the installment and download am I correct is that not how it works if not how does it work

Comments

• GoslingGosling Senior Member Posts: 1,887Registered Users
    No, no. I brought Napoleon Total War on a disc. But the disc only acts as an activation key, telling steam that you've brought the game. So you download the game off steam. Steam knows that you're using a disc, so you don't need to buy it again.

Essentially, you're just buying the game from the store rather than going to the steam store page and buying it online. There is no difference.
    "I'm gonna stomp 'em to dust. I'm gonna grind their bones. I'm gonna burn down dere towns and cities. I'm gonna pile 'em up inna big fire and roast 'em. I'm gonna bash heads, break faces, and jump up and down on the bits that are left.

An' den I'm gonna get really mean."

Grimgor Ironhide, Black Orc Warboss.