Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

ClosedPatch and its effects

zoommooz11zoommooz11 Posts: 13Registered Users
edited July 2016 in Community Mods
Would it be too much to ask that when CA release a patch they give exact, detailed changes that effect mods. Like explaining to me why all of the spells for my mod are now unbalanced, even though the values are exactly the same as before the patch?
Post edited by dge1 on

Comments

• rhinoinsomniacrhinoinsomniac Member Posts: 950Registered Users
    https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/181636/patch-2-detailed-changelist/p1

it would be nice but in the mean time nice people are sharing details of what changed

honey will catch more flies than vinegar

Team Lizardmen

• zoommooz11zoommooz11 Posts: 13Registered Users
    I did see that, but thankyou for pointing it out. Indeed, he is being very helpful. However, if you read this thread

https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/discussions/-1/353915309337728444/?appid=364360&ctp=2

we can see that its not just adjusted figures from files, but rather completely knew calculation mechanics. While I hope I am wrong, I bet these are hidden, 'behind the scenes' things that we cannot change (plenty of people, overall complained about magic being to weak, and CA said to themselves "We'll we can fix that".
  • rhinoinsomniacrhinoinsomniac Member Posts: 950Registered Users
    hehe i posted in that discussion too. i would like to know what they changed for how magic mechanics work also - i have a magic mod too. its pretty annoying when they don't tell us about changes that will actually cause the game to crash if the mod still contains tags that don't exist anymore or if they introduce tags that are mandatory but the mod doesn't use them cuz they don't even tell us that stuff

honey will catch more flies than vinegar

Team Lizardmen

• zoommooz11zoommooz11 Posts: 13Registered Users
    Indeed. I am fairly new to this forum, do CA ever actually address these questions? I have been fiddling with the spells for hours, and am getting to the point of "give me my twenty dollars back, take you beastman content and patch and give me my working game back please"
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USAPosts: 18,633Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    To the OP, game Mods are your responsibility.

Closed.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file