Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Oriental Empires Gameplay!

HForHavocHForHavoc Junior MemberPosts: 18Registered Users
Hey everyone,

There was talk last year about the mysterious Oriental Empires game. Well I've got an hour special for you guys and gals! It's been in closed beta for a good part of this year. They've just released the NDA to allow people with access to release content, so here it is!

It's a unique mix of Total War, Endless Legends and Civilization, but works really well I think so far.

I hope you guys enjoy it, be sure to comment and give it a like as well!

Havoc
Gaming Dad, two kids. Interruptions Expected.

Comments

• Ephraim_DaltonEphraim_Dalton Senior Member Posts: 19,073Registered Users
    I briefly skimmed through the video, do they have any battle footage or is combat like in Civ5?

Because if it is I really don't see the TW influences.

• HForHavocHForHavoc Junior Member Posts: 18Registered Users
    The "Total War" influence is the fact that you can direct your troops how they attack/defend, and the battle is in real-time. it just takes what direction you give your troops at the end of your turn.

The influence is there, especially when a former CA member had helped in development.
  • WarlockeWarlocke Senior Member Posts: 2,589Registered Users
    The influence is there in a very narrow sense, but without the large scale battles, it certainly does not scratch the Total War itch. I was really excited watching this video right up until they showed how the battles worked.
    ò_ó
  • HForHavocHForHavoc Junior Member Posts: 18Registered Users
    Large Scale battles will no doubt happen late game. Early game will feature smaller armies.
  • WarlockeWarlocke Senior Member Posts: 2,589Registered Users
    Nothing on the scale of a Total War battle, though. Not even close.
    ò_ó
  • FredrinFredrin Senior Member LondonPosts: 3,012Registered Users
    Cheers for posting - I will definitely be buying this!