Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Total War: WARHAMMER- Call of the Beastmen hotfix 02/08/2016

CHARLOTTEB_CACHARLOTTEB_CA AdministratorRegistered Users, Moderators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff Posts: 3,400
edited August 2016 in General Discussion
Hi All!

Some issues have been reported following the release of the Call of the Beastmen campaign pack, as such we’re releasing a hotfix BETA which is a small patch that you can choose to opt in to through Steam that should address some of the issues.
We release hotfixes as BETAs to publically test them first and if there are no issues as a result of the hotfix we will release it to everyone. As it’s a BETA it may cause unforeseen issues to your game, and you should report any bugs that you may come across after opting in to the support forum here: https://forums.totalwar.com/categories/support-area
Below are the patch notes and instructions for how to opt in to the BETA.

Patch Notes

Re-balanced the Devolve spell in Call of the Beastmen.
Fixed a crash when some players opened the Custom / Multiplayer Battle lobby, after the Call of the Beastmen / Patch 2 Update.
Fixed a case where the game would become unable to End Turn during the Chaos Invasion when playing on save games started before the Call of the Beastmen/Patch 3 update.
Fixed a Multiplayer Campaign crash in the Event Feed, when opening the faction overview panel or completing a Multiplayer Campaign.
Fixed a battle hang, where in very specific instances, the battle may become stuck, and the player can only move the camera but not interact with the units or menus.
Trees will no longer be missing from battlefields suffering from Chaos Corruption, loaded through the "An Eye For an Eye" Call of the Beastmen Campaign map.
Players who do not own Call of the Beastmen can now see the Lore of Beast and Lore of the Wild in the spell browser. For example when using the Free Amber Wizard unit (who has access to Lore of beasts).
Updated the Victory conditions in "An Eye For an Eye" Call of the Beastmen Campaign:
- Replaced the Major victory “raze 30 regions” with an objective to destroy Carroburg and Cult of Ulric.
- Lowered the raiding requirements slightly, making it slightly easier to meet the raiding requirements.
- Added "Destroying Middenheim" as an Ultimate Objective.

How to get the Call of the Beastmen hotfix Public BETA

1) Restart Steam, and log back in.
2) In the Steam Games Library, right-click "Total War: WARHAMMER" and select "Properties".
3) In the Properties window, select the "BETAS" tab.
4) In the "Select the beta you would like to opt into:" drop-down list, please select "beastmenhotfix -"
5) Close the "Properties" window and the game should update.
6) Once the game has finished updating, run it and you will see the build number in the top right corner of the main menu will say "10953.909200"

Please Note: While you are opted into the public BETA, you can only play multiplayer with other users in the BETA, but can opt out at any time.
Formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.
Post edited by Joey CA on

Comments

• GRAY_HATGRAY_HAT Senior Member UKRegistered Users Posts: 5,394
    cool, any idea on the planned implementation day?
    Team Wood Elves

boyfights loves wood elves.

"Heaven forbid that under the Vail of military training we should subject our young men to the lust of our general" - Hanno to the Carthaginian senate on the future of Hannibal.

"Guard mode is back in Warhammer :)" - Darren_CA

"It's amazing how many mistakes your enemy will make in haste after seeing that he's outgunned" -The Organ King
  • NinjahundNinjahund Registered Users Posts: 242
    Can you re-balance Gaze of Nagesh while rebalancing devolve please? 1 spell, 16 mana, 30 sec cooldown, 5k+ damage potentially. Just as broken : (
  • KurtaliciousKurtalicious Registered Users Posts: 206
    Ninjahund said:

Can you re-balance Gaze of Nagesh while rebalancing devolve please? 1 spell, 16 mana, 30 sec cooldown, 5k+ damage potentially. Just as broken : (

Psssssh!!! Gaze of Nagash is not broken...not even close...it's perfect.

If anything could you please buff Nagash so when I overcasted it it will split into a thousand missiles that instantly nukes all enemy lords and heros so I don't have to wait to recast it...

I'm all about instant gratification and this spell gives me just that! It's so much fun to press one button and watch my opponent disappear. I thoroughly enjoy the spell just the way it is!

FeelsGoodMan :-)
  • HanFedorHanFedor Registered Users Posts: 4
    the download got stuck at 99 percent on steam :(
  • RakdosRakdos Registered Users Posts: 238
    What about all missiles spells (except fireball) and healing potions?
  • MaxPlanckMaxPlanck Registered Users Posts: 87
    edited August 2016
    HanFedor said:

the download got stuck at 99 percent on steam :(

98% for me...
    Maybe the cinematic bug fix has a cinematic bug of its own.
  • ArgonArgon Senior Member ItalyRegistered Users Posts: 1,501
    A question about "Eye for an eye" vicotry conditions: what about confederations? Have they been removed as objective or easier to achieve?
    My favorite factions in TW titles:
    Rome 1 - House of Julii
    Medieval 2 - Milan
    Empire - UK
    Napoleon - France
    Shogun 2 - Tokugawa
    Rome 2 - Macedon
    Attila - Western Roman Empire
    Warhammer - Empire (Karl Franz)
    Three kingdoms - Sun Jian
    AaaAahh!! It works!
  • KamachoThunderbusKamachoThunderbus Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 19
    Amber Wizard doesn't have access to Lore of the Wild, unless Empire is summoning Cygors now?
  • KrazIIvanKrazIIvan Registered Users Posts: 2
    Argon said:

A question about "Eye for an eye" vicotry conditions: what about confederations? Have they been removed as objective or easier to achieve?

I hope so. I've done everything but that last herd wont join me.
    Dem boyz lik Gork and Mork.
  • cool_ladcool_lad Senior Member IndiaRegistered Users Posts: 2,278
    Does the hotfix do anything about the issue with beastmen totems, whereby they can only be removed by recolonizing the area and therefore can't be removed by a race that cant settle that area?
  • flyingfrogflyingfrog Registered Users Posts: 146
    Great Stuff!

Now only Magic Missiles and Potions left and everybody will love you!

Thanks!
  • Derfel82Derfel82 Registered Users Posts: 122
    Please, fix Todbringer in GC.
    I confederated with Middenland when he was at level 12, and he can't mount on anything (even when at level 18 i put a point on the Grifon).
  • ElBarbaroElBarbaro Registered Users Posts: 8
    I thought this would work, unfortunately it still says in the victory objectives I have already beat chaos and killed archeon from turn 1. I this because they haven't arrived yet because I'm not playing the campaign just to find out it doesn't
  • rhinoinsomniacrhinoinsomniac Member Registered Users Posts: 951
    Rakdos said:

What about all missiles spells (except fireball) and healing potions?

if they just lowered the amount of penetration these missiles have then characters could actually hide in units. lowered penetration meaning they wouldn't be able to shoot through units anymore. as soon as they hit mansized targets they would either penetrate a few of them and then explode or just explode on first hit.

i think that would be pretty effective - alot like "look out, sir!"

honey will catch more flies than vinegar

Team Lizardmen

• AardwolfAardwolf Registered Users Posts: 228
    edited August 2016
    Really wish the Confederation condition is made a tad easier, atm there literally is only one more tribe left and I need to confederate or I can't win the Eye for an Eye with a major victory =/

The other tribes just die off too easily...
    For Sigmar! For Karl Franz! For the Empire!
    Team Empire!
    Baaaaaaagh!
    Team Beastmen!

Check out my list of tactics (WIP) for some tactical manoeuvres and youtube channels covering tactics in Total War games:
    https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/178520/advanced-tactics-discussion
  • busa27busa27 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,744
    Nice to see you will rebalance Devolve. If you nerf Gaze of Nagash and Shem's Burning Gaze by the way I will love you CA.
  • WalrusWalrus Senior Member BrazilRegistered Users Posts: 1,104
    Derfel82 said:

Please, fix Todbringer in GC.
    I confederated with Middenland when he was at level 12, and he can't mount on anything (even when at level 18 i put a point on the Grifon).

This.
  • Galvanized IronGalvanized Iron Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,058
    Good work CA! BETA patches is exactly what we need. If you released BETA-patches a week before every major update it would allow the community to help you out in finding bugs and imbalances. It would save you a lot of outrage each time a new patch is released. Yes I understand that we can't test DLC content prior to release, but we could help out with testing any other new content.
    |Sith|Lord|Galvanized Iron
  • ChugroChugro Registered Users Posts: 17
    Is devolve completely useless now or?
  • HanFedorHanFedor Registered Users Posts: 4
    MaxPlanck said:

AaaAahh!! It works!

mine still does not :(
    anyone else got this problem (dl stuck around 99%) ?
  • BillyRuffianBillyRuffian Moderator UKRegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 40,037
    HanFedor said:

MaxPlanck said:

AaaAahh!! It works!

mine still does not :(
    anyone else got this problem (dl stuck around 99%) ?
    If your DL is stuck, try pausing and verifying game cache, or switching dl regions.

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

|Takeda| Yokota Takatoshi

Forum Terms and Conditions: - https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest

"We wunt be druv". iot6pc7dn8qs.png
  • BxbaracusBxbaracus Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 21
    The fix doenst work for me still have the same problem , and I DID start a new campaign after the patch 3 update

"Fixed a case where the game would become unable to End Turn during the Chaos Invasion when playing on save games started before the Call of the Beastmen/Patch 3 update."
  • flookflook Registered Users Posts: 7
    ran the patch, build number is correct, still doesnt work
  • salsichasalsicha Registered Users Posts: 3,572
    When reporting something not working you should be as detailed as possible. Otherwise, why would they release beta patches to us?
  • RTKAbuRTKAbu Senior Member Holland!Registered Users Posts: 1,459
    edited August 2016
    The summon spells (Transformation of Kadon and Savage Dominion ) arent touched, meaning you will still get an extra 1600 to spend for only 16 winds of magic. If this isnt touched simultanious as the devolve spam we move from devolve to sommoning 2-3 mantocores or Cygors, and as they are both giants, they are always hard to deal with. My troll clanm8 who is very inventive in builds already does this: i used dwarves, pretty balanced, good build tbh, he used 3 Amber wizards with only manticore spell on Griffons, spammed 3 manticores, had some cheap cav and 2 GS, and some cheap spears. I got rekt.

We really need a limit, or max for those 2 spells aswell.

Also, as mentioned before here, potions and missiles need a fast tweak aswell.

Concluding, i love the fact you start doing beta patches again, but this small hotfix patch need the above problems fixed aswell. Again, you can better start out with a bit UP factions/magic, than OP stuff at release...
  • HrochHroch Registered Users Posts: 26
    Fixed a case where the game would become unable to End Turn during the Chaos Invasion when playing on save games started before the Call of the Beastmen/Patch 3 update.

This is not fixed for me - problem still occurs.
  • RakdosRakdos Registered Users Posts: 238
    "The summon spells (Transformation of Kadon and Savage Dominion ) arent touched, meaning you will still get an extra 1600 to spend for only 16 winds of magic"
    Oh, really we forget about it. Indeed CA should apply changes here, for sure Increase cost.
    Hroch said:

This is not fixed for me - problem still occurs.

Was the game started before patch 3?
  • Galvanized IronGalvanized Iron Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,058
    Yep it is true not everything is fixed, but with devolve tuned down it will be easier to evaluate the rest.
    |Sith|Lord|Galvanized Iron