Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

In ProgressCoop Campaign Battle Desync

2»

Comments

• PhiPhi Registered Users Posts: 11
    edited September 2016

Have you started a new campaign or loaded a save?

Might be that the problem before the fix is rooted deep in the saves, thus the saves are "corrupt"

If so.. try starting a new MP campaign and see what happens..

Hope this works.

Did you try a new campaign and it worked without desynchs? I won't start a new game unless I know for a fact that it works now. I've had enough of playing for 100+ turns only to see my effort nullified by incompetent programmers.
  • LoadingplswaitLoadingplswait Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 14
    Phi said:

Have you started a new campaign or loaded a save?

Might be that the problem before the fix is rooted deep in the saves, thus the saves are "corrupt"

If so.. try starting a new MP campaign and see what happens..

Hope this works.

Did you try a new campaign and it worked without desynchs? I won't start a new game unless I know for a fact that it works now. I've had enough of playing for 100+ turns only to see my effort nullified by incompetent programmers.
    Unfortunately I haven't yet. We're all in the same boat this time.. Tired of seeing my precious game time turn to dust. Although I might start one soon. Someone gotta test eh!
  • KuikkaKuikka Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 65
    edited September 2016
    So, our option is to start ANOTHER campaign before we can confirm if the patch was helpful or not? My guess is pessimistic: it will most likely end up to crash/desync limbo between turn 80-150... nice. Coop is really unstable after turn 100, and it's a pain in the ass to research all that stuff again and again, only to see campaign ending to bugs.
  • SnurteSnurte Registered Users Posts: 9
    Me and my brother have started a new campaign now. The old save that we reported here still resulted in the same desync after around 6 minutes into the battle against the Greenskins. Hopefully the new campaign will work, either way I will report our findings here.
    Our issue was not the same as yours though Kuikka. We never had any desyncs in battles around turn 100 (it happened much earlier than that) and never when pressing end battle. Our desync always happened a few minutes into the battle when we were still fighting.
    Snurte said:

Me and my brother have started a new campaign now. The old save that we reported here still resulted in the same desync after around 6 minutes into the battle against the Greenskins. Hopefully the new campaign will work, either way I will report our findings here.
    Our issue was not the same as yours though Kuikka. We never had any desyncs in battles around turn 100 (it happened much earlier than that) and never when pressing end battle. Our desync always happened a few minutes into the battle when we were still fighting.

Nice, please let us know how it is going when you reached a few of the bigger battles or lategame. We plan on starting a new campaign (again) next week, because our timeschedule is so limited (sucks being an adult :smiley: ) and it would be awesome if we got some feedback until then.

Thanks again guys.
    Phi said:

Nice, please let us know how it is going when you reached a few of the bigger battles or lategame. We plan on starting a new campaign (again) next week, because our timeschedule is so limited (sucks being an adult :smiley: ) and it would be awesome if we got some feedback until then.

Thanks again guys.

Unfortunately we are in the same situation with limited playtime. :)

The reported issue here happened already in turn 8 or 9. We have now played until turn 24 and fought a few battles with fairly big armies. The last fight yesterday was a fully stacked Vampire Count army attacking Zhufbar that we managed to win with a garrison of 8 and a low level hero with 6 units. A tricky fight that took a while.
    No desyncs yet so it's at least looking promising.

Hi,

we started a new campaign as well and the desynch issues seem to be fixed. Over 100 turns as well as quest battles and battles with 4 armies done without desynch.

So we're good to go again.

Thanks guys and thanks CA.
    I might be able to start another coop campaign based on this information. But curses await if that will start to desync around turn 100...
  • SlunkoSlunko Registered Users Posts: 11
    I have to ask... What is this desync? It maybe what I'm experiencing too on the MP. Essentially units movements get really laggy and choppy in MP on campaign map and in battles, essentially freezing mid motions (flags and rain and such keeps moving meanwhile :)
    A message appears in the middle of the screen for at least one of the players about the desync. Then the game takes you back to the menus. From what you describe you are having other problems.
    We had desync after battles, both player pressed to exit match and then it returned to the menu, host receiving message that desync occurred. It was frustrating as hell, especially after long and epic battles. Can't even estimate how many hours we wasted on that campaign.

New campaign after the GatG DLC + patch. Turn 38 so far so good, no desyncs detected. Fingers crossed.

We started Magnar's LLUSP + Radious mod, because if it fails, at least it was fun 'til it lasted.
    edited September 2016
    98 turns coop, no battle desyncs so far. Only one campaign one which didnt occur twice. Entering the "kill-zone" (100+ turns, notorious for crashes and desyncs), wish us luck.
  • AthelasAthelas Registered Users Posts: 12
    Jeez.I and my son are getting desynch turn 34/35, dwarves and elves.

why is this not fixed yet????
  • TitanFrostTitanFrost Registered Users Posts: 1
    So its 2018 and me and my bro are getting desynced, on the campaign map and in his battle for his capital. Mid battle one of us gets kicked out of the map and hes going to now refund his game he only bought it so we could play but now hes frustrated and rightfully so. I play with my friend constantly and we havent desynced since we first started playing. Do you think the desync only happens when your trying to play with a new person for the first time? As i stated above my friend and I havent dsynced for at least a year and we play clean without any desync, and now im playing with my little brother and were constantly desyncing.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file