Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

.ESF files

QvesQves Junior MemberPosts: 2Registered Users
edited May 2011 in Napoleon: Total War
Sorry if I'm a noob but how can I open .ESF files? :D
Post edited by Qves on

Comments

• JokerJoker Senior Member Posts: 644Registered Users
    edited May 2011
    Why would you want to open them in the first place ?
    My top five of next Total War installments:
    1) TW: Rome II
    2) TW: China
    3) TW: Lord of the Rings
    4) TW: Victorian
    5) TW: Star Wars
    [PORTABLE-ID]joker[/PORTABLE-ID]
  • Dionysius the MightyDionysius the Mighty Senior Member Posts: 3,194Registered Users
    edited May 2011
    You need to use a special ESF editor that is available at the Total War Center. Be warned though, it is very easy to break your game if you try and mess around with the ESF files!
    [PORTABLE-ID]dionysiusthemighty[/PORTABLE-ID]

"Every position must be held to the last man: there must be no retirement. With our backs to the wall and believing in the justice of our cause each one of us must fight on to the end." ~ Field Marshal Haig, order to British troops, 1918

Please view the Total War Forum: Terms and Conditions
  • QvesQves Junior Member Posts: 2Registered Users
    edited May 2011
    XD
    I found a program,I'll make a safety copy or how do you english people say that : D
    I wanted to change the hungarian names in NTF and I thought theese are in the esf files but the names are in the data.pack XD
    Who made the mod didn't thought there are any hungarians playing NTW because half of the people have a woman name XD
    Anyway thanks for answers ;)
  • BierTempelierBierTempelier Posts: 159Registered Users

@Qves did you find a programme to open and read .esf files ? I want to open the esf replay files to see if I can extract battle statistics. The Total War WH debriefing screen is not so informative / good as previous TW titles...