Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

CA's criteria for choosing whom Legendary Lord to become playable?

jamreal18jamreal18 Senior MemberPosts: 8,605Registered Users
edited February 2017 in General Discussion
Edit: New LL - Isabella Von Carstein

How does CA decide whom LL to become playable?

*Is it due to their popularity?
*Background Story?
*They Look Cool?
*They appear in certain edition?
*Their connection with another LL?
Etc....

There are many characters in Warhammer. Also there are only limited slots on whom LL is going to be playable.

Hopefully CA is picking LL whom are interesting to play as.
Post edited by jamreal18 on

Comments

• Sharazad87Sharazad87 Posts: 266Registered Users
    I *think* the only stipulation they kinda have is if the Lord / unit / whatev's had a ruleset in 8th ed seeing at this TW;W is in its own timeline before the endtimes.
    "Yes-yes! Kill!-Kill!"

• HoneyBunHoneyBun Senior Member Posts: 4,514Registered Users
    They ask "what will sell?"

As I would.

As anyone sane would ...

They are making an FPS. Who knew a company could have a mid-life crisis ...

• SephirexSephirex Right outside your windowPosts: 1,028Registered Users
    HoneyBun said:

As I would.

As anyone sane would ...

But this doesn't explain why they picked Ghorst. Or why he was the paid DLC while Vlad was free.
  • HoneyBunHoneyBun Senior Member Posts: 4,514Registered Users
    Sephirex said:

HoneyBun said:

As I would.

As anyone sane would ...

But this doesn't explain why they picked Ghorst. Or why he was the paid DLC while Vlad was free.
    It's a £5 DLC.

Things are worth what you think someone will pay.

They are making an FPS. Who knew a company could have a mid-life crisis ...

• OspreyOsprey Posts: 500Registered Users
    Sephirex said:

HoneyBun said:

As I would.

As anyone sane would ...

He comes with other stuff, CA would never release a Legendary Lord that no one knows in a dlc containing just the LL.
  • falconlord5falconlord5 Senior Member Posts: 946Registered Users
    I suspect that they go the same route that the guys who cast presidents in Lee Daniel's The Butler did:

Who would it be fun to work with today?
    I accept Godzilla as my lord and saviour.
  • jamreal18jamreal18 Senior Member Posts: 8,605Registered Users
    What is the reason Helman Ghorst was chosen?

--------------

Someone from facebook posted:

There's like 100 better characters to bring in (instead of Helman), for Vampire Counts:

Zacharias The Everliving
    Melkhior
    Abhorash
    Walach Harkon
    Neferata
    The Red Duke of Aquitaine
    Arkahn The Black
    Krell Lord of The Undeath
    Konrad Von Carstein
  • TayvarTayvar Posts: 10,597Registered Users
    @jamreal18 I think that the main reason is that he is in 'Sigmar's Blood', also maybe Creative Assembly is putting one famous Legendary Lord with one not so famous Legendary Lord on purpose.
  • Commissar_GCommissar_G Senior Member Posts: 10,146Registered Users
    jamreal18 said:

--------------

There's like 100 better characters to bring in (instead of Helman), for Vampire Counts:

Zacharias The Everliving
    Melkhior
    Abhorash
    Walach Harkon
    Neferata
    Arkahn The Black
    Konrad Von Carstein

I already answered that question for you in the main thread.

You need to learn to accept reality.

We get it, you wanted one of those, none of those are in sigmars blood.

End of discussion.
    "As a sandbox game everyone, without exception, should be able to play the game exactly as they see fit and that means providing the maximum scope possible." - ~UNiOnJaCk~
  • twwatchertwwatcher Posts: 2,248Registered Users
    Sephirex said:

HoneyBun said:

As I would.

As anyone sane would ...

Vlad might well come with some sort of mechanic/story line involving internal conflict for the VC - best that's given to everyone, not optional so CA knows everyone is singing from the same song sheet.

Ghorst is optional so not everybody will have him - makes sense to me.
  • Horus38Horus38 Posts: 924Registered Users

jamreal18 said:

--------------

Zacharias The Everliving
    Melkhior
    Abhorash
    Walach Harkon
    Neferata
    Arkahn The Black
    Konrad Von Carstein

End of discussion.
    Sigmars Blood is definitely the main reason/theme they chose Ghorst, but also his corpse cart has a great symmetry to Volkmars war alter.
  • Mad MacMad Mac Junior Member Posts: 718Registered Users
    TBH, even though I was really annoyed with picking Ghorst initially, seeing some of his skills and such I'm actually feeling him a bit, he seems like potentially a surprisingly interesting support oriented Necromancer Lord, kinda like Kemmler but actually really good.

He has a good looking model too, and definitely contrasts well with Vlad as the flc Lord, so I'm not that salty about it anymore. I may actually play Ghorst first, even.

• VlKlNGVlKlNG Junior Member Posts: 593Registered Users
    Mad Mac said:

TBH, even though I was really annoyed with picking Ghorst initially, seeing some of his skills and such I'm actually feeling him a bit, he seems like potentially a surprisingly interesting support oriented Necromancer Lord, kinda like Kemmler but actually really good.

He has a good looking model too, and definitely contrasts well with Vlad as the flc Lord, so I'm not that salty about it anymore. I may actually play Ghorst first, even.

Yeah I think although at first we were all like WTF why on earth would we want this? But actually he is pretty cool and we have nothing to complain about.

The current state of kemmler on the other hand, should be addressed, he is literally a worst version of Ghorst, he needs a buff in abilities if he is to be anything more than a bit of filler.
  • HeroofRome1HeroofRome1 Member Posts: 1,614Registered Users
    VlKNG said:

Mad Mac said:

Yeah I think although at first we were all like WTF why on earth would we want this? But actually he is pretty cool and we have nothing to complain about.

The current state of kemmler on the other hand, should be addressed, he is literally a worst version of Ghorst, he needs a buff in abilities if he is to be anything more than a bit of filler.
    Ghorst stole his association with grave guard.
    Team Rome, Team Byzantium, Team Dwarfs, Team Empire, Team Bretonnia Team Grim, Team elf slayers, Team Belegar.
    edited November 2016

jamreal18 said:

--------------

Zacharias The Everliving
    Melkhior
    Abhorash
    Walach Harkon
    Neferata
    Arkahn The Black
    Konrad Von Carstein

End of discussion.
    Its ok to have a theme as long as the participants are well known. But Ghorst, is there no other candidate for this dlc except him?

He only has a minor role in WH but CA represent him as LL which is a major character in the game.

Even warhammerwiki doesnt have a page for him.

Maybe when the trilogy has been completed, there would be lots of minor/unfamiliar Legendary Lords.
    Post edited by jamreal18 on
  • OmegaJakOmegaJak Junior Member Posts: 43Registered Users
    I'm pretty sure their criteria is 'whatever the players are likely to like.' They say they're concentrating on 8th edition but they're not constrained by it. I'm sure we're going to see mostly 8th ed stuff with other lords now and then, I'm okay with that.
    That said I don't quite understand the disappointment that Ghorst is coming. He may be a second stringer but he's pretty cool and he looks pretty good in the video. Plus I like to be surprised by their choices now and then.
  • HeroofRome1HeroofRome1 Member Posts: 1,614Registered Users
    OmegaJak said:

I'm pretty sure their criteria is 'whatever the players are likely to like.' They say they're concentrating on 8th edition but they're not constrained by it. I'm sure we're going to see mostly 8th ed stuff with other lords now and then, I'm okay with that.
    That said I don't quite understand the disappointment that Ghorst is coming. He may be a second stringer but he's pretty cool and he looks pretty good in the video. Plus I like to be surprised by their choices now and then.

Even Ghorst is cool, people are annoyed because there are better undead candidates available, such as: Neferata, The Red Duke, Zacharias and Harkan ect.
    Team Rome, Team Byzantium, Team Dwarfs, Team Empire, Team Bretonnia Team Grim, Team elf slayers, Team Belegar.
    @Hero of Rome1 I get that but I suspect they're saving some for future expansions. Neferata and Zacharias would be awesome but (I hope) they'll have different starting points. They're not Von Carsteins and it would be unbelievably cool to have different Vamp factions south of the Badlands or across the sea, it would give the new races that are going to come with the expansions a better variety of enemies.
  • TotalWarChakaxTotalWarChakax Posts: 601Registered Users
    OmegaJak said:

@Hero of Rome1 I get that but I suspect they're saving some for future expansions. Neferata and Zacharias would be awesome but (I hope) they'll have different starting points. They're not Von Carsteins and it would be unbelievably cool to have different Vamp factions south of the Badlands or across the sea, it would give the new races that are going to come with the expansions a better variety of enemies.

I don't think they will seperate them, but i do think that Nefetare will be added as an VC LL with Khalida
  • TotalWarChakaxTotalWarChakax Posts: 601Registered Users
    Khalida as an TK LL

OmegaJak said:

I don't think they will seperate them, but i do think that Nefetare will be added as an VC LL with Khalida
    They might not but I really think they should. Otherwise they'll have a huge problem with various races being too far apart in the GC. Lizardmen will never fight VC, Dwarfs will never fight Dark Elves, that sort of thing.
  • boyfightsboyfights Junior Member Posts: 4,023Registered Users
    reason #1: best mustache

reason #2: best potential mustache
    boyfights you are always here to confirmate every spark of originality
    or reason burns or acid bruises anyone,
    stop your gladiator love for agressions.
  • TennisgolfbollTennisgolfboll Posts: 7,924Registered Users
    edited August 2016
    HoneyBun said:

As I would.

As anyone sane would ...

This
    Read all my replies as if we are having a pint and a good old time. I will always read your reply like that.
  • SiWISiWI Senior Member Posts: 10,385Registered Users

HoneyBun said:

As I would.

As anyone sane would ...

This
    The joke is, that from a selling standpoint, the roles of DLC and FLC LL are odd.

While he would have been forced in the theme of pack, selling Vlad would make a ton of more sense then selling Ghorts, because Vlad is a Legend, Ghorst not even a trend. Thou you have to compliment CA: they made him work, judging that people who aren't deep into Warhammer are apparently excited to play him.
    Thou the pack overall, made CA probably confident that they could give Vlad for free.
    Ratling_Guns.gif?t=1554385892
    edited November 2016
    Thumbs up for Belegar and Skarsnik!

Hopefully CA uses the same criteria for next Lord Pack...
  • MoritasgusMoritasgus Posts: 744Registered Users
    Thanks for the thread Necro, fitting i suppose seeing as its about Necromancers mostly...
  • TennisgolfbollTennisgolfboll Posts: 7,924Registered Users
    Money
    Read all my replies as if we are having a pint and a good old time. I will always read your reply like that.
  • JammyJokerJammyJoker Posts: 139Registered Users
    boyfights said:

reason #3: Best head gear (Skarsnik)
    JammyJoker the Scottish Gamer Channel;
    @ Twitter
    @YouTube
  • boyfightsboyfights Junior Member Posts: 4,023Registered Users

boyfights said:

reason #3: Best head gear (Skarsnik)
    I believe this, based on gelt's helmet that makes him look like a human sunflower
    boyfights you are always here to confirmate every spark of originality
    or reason burns or acid bruises anyone,
    stop your gladiator love for agressions.
  • RoibrRoibr Posts: 64Registered Users
    HoneyBun said:

As I would.

As anyone sane would ...

Not sure about that! If u read post u can clearly get the picture. For example Empire LL`s. A lot of people wished they were different ones, than the ones we have!