Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Keep this bumped - If anyone wants a shard of the Old World to keep in his house visit this link

herjan1987herjan1987 Posts: 644Registered Users
edited August 2016 in General Discussion
Dear Community!

Aperrantly GW decided to remove the Warhammer Fantasy tab from thier official book selling store the Black library.

Currently you can still get acces to the all the novels they have published, but some Warhammer players think this is the sign of the last destruction. Maybe we are wrong, we dont like to find out. So, if anyone intended to buy any Warhammer ebooks do now while you still can. The Bretonnian and Tomb Kings sets where pulled overnight to OOP section, without any warning, and now there is a chance that 30 years of lore will be unaccesable forever. Visit this site and grab yourself a copy:

http://www.blacklibrary.com/Warhammer

Kind Regards
herjan1987

P.S.: This might proove wrong, but due to the fact that Games Workshop has done so many crazythings in the past this wouldnt be unatural of them.
Team Dwarfes
Team Brettonnia
Team Tomb Kings
Team High Elf
Team Averland

Leitdorf for Emperor!

Original Regiments of Renown and Dogs of War
Make Marious Leitdorf a playable Legendary Lord
Warhammer Fantasy Novels in Black Library
Post edited by herjan1987 on

Comments

• GRAY_HATGRAY_HAT Senior Member UKPosts: 5,394Registered Users
    I agree it does seem to bode as to something happening to the warhammer lore, what is hard to say (complete death, retcon or AoS was all a dream) seem far too sane for GW so sit back get some popcorn and try not to rage to much.
    Team Wood Elves

boyfights loves wood elves.

"Heaven forbid that under the Vail of military training we should subject our young men to the lust of our general" - Hanno to the Carthaginian senate on the future of Hannibal.

"Guard mode is back in Warhammer :)" - Darren_CA

"It's amazing how many mistakes your enemy will make in haste after seeing that he's outgunned" -The Organ King
  • _Storm_Storm Posts: 34Registered Users
    I can understand why some might think that's what they're doing, but at the same time it doesn't really make much sense. Models have production costs and distribution costs and so on, and those factors become hard to justify when they don't sell, whereas with e-books all they have to do is keep the website running and watch as the money comes in.

Obviously nobody outside of GW management really knows what this is about, least of all myself, but if I would hazard a guess they're just making an effort to streamline the old and the new, since the past year GW has made a pretty solid effort at improving customer relations, I can't see how deleting a bunch of books helps them in any way.
  • DebaucheeDebauchee Junior Member Posts: 1,404Registered Users
    edited August 2016
    Unexpected question:
    Was "Blood Bowl" IP affected by "Age of sigmar"?
  • herjan1987herjan1987 Posts: 644Registered Users
    edited August 2016

Unexpected question:
    Was "Blood Bowl" IP affected by "Age of sigmar"?

No. Blood Bowl remains in the alternative Old World according to a person who was on the Forge World open day. Also they stated that rules will not change, atleast the not broken ones.
    Team Dwarfes
    Team Brettonnia
    Team Tomb Kings
    Team High Elf
    Team Averland

Leitdorf for Emperor!

• DebaucheeDebauchee Junior Member Posts: 1,404Registered Users
    Good. Right now I find Blood Bowl's alternative version of Old World more attractive, than AoS world.
  • GrandChamp89GrandChamp89 Senior Member Posts: 1,555Registered Users
    Seems kinda **** to let a huge game publisher make a succesful game on their franchise and then close off their book section at the hight of its succes. lol.

They're probably drunk as always.
    "It's the hottest fire that forge the strongest steel"
    edited September 2016

Seems kinda **** to let a huge game publisher make a succesful game on their franchise and then close off their book section at the hight of its succes. lol.

They're probably drunk as always.

Games Workshop dont know what thier are doing with the Warhammer Fantasy IP ( game + minis + books alike ). They dont know what they had missed out.
    Team Dwarfes
    Team Brettonnia
    Team Tomb Kings
    Team High Elf
    Team Averland

Leitdorf for Emperor!

• Horus38Horus38 Posts: 924Registered Users
    I can't find the link at the moment, but just the other week they did a "Back by popular demand" email blast which included Time of Legend books such as the Rise of Nagash series.

But to be fair Black Library has been slowly moving away from WHFB material for awhile and such things have would be on a planned schedule.
  • Wolfshart79Wolfshart79 Senior Member Posts: 511Registered Users
    After they ruined WHFB with the 40k clone AoS I've given up supporting them...I haven't bought a mini or book for ages now. Luckily there are multiple video games keeping the dream alive. I just hope we don't end up seeing any AoS video games anytime soon and WHFB remains the focus for future titles.

After they ruined WHFB with the 40k clone AoS I've given up supporting them...I haven't bought a mini or book for ages now. Luckily there are multiple video games keeping the dream alive. I just hope we don't end up seeing any AoS video games anytime soon and WHFB remains the focus for future titles.

This message is more for new commers, but I understand you.
    Team Dwarfes
    Team Brettonnia
    Team Tomb Kings
    Team High Elf
    Team Averland

Leitdorf for Emperor!

• JecklJeckl Posts: 376Registered Users
    Bump for WFB!
    Further more I consider that Morathi's Chaos Corruption must be changed.
    So I bought the Great Betrayal from the Time of Legends series and I cant recommend it enought!!!

Seriously I only read 16 pages and I can see why this book series praised.

Go people and buy these books! Its gold!
    Team Dwarfes
    Team Brettonnia
    Team Tomb Kings
    Team High Elf
    Team Averland

Leitdorf for Emperor!

So I bought the Great Betrayal from the Time of Legends series and I cant recommend it enought!!!

Seriously I only read 16 pages and I can see why this book series praised.

Go people and buy these books! Its gold!

All of the War of the Vengeance series is great. Master of Dragons is Tragic and curse of the Phoenix is one of the best Warhammer books ever, great characters great action (can you Dragons Vs Airship fleet?) all in all a great series of books.
  • SephirexSephirex Right outside your windowPosts: 1,028Registered Users
    edited September 2016
    Finished Sigmar's Time of Legends series to introduce me to Warhammer and now working my way through Gotrek and Felix. They're fun reads but the pacing is a little off, like they always feel a little anticlimactic or like the book ending came out of nowhere. Anyways, just started Vampireslayer and trying to figure out what the point of Ulrika's character was.
  • shinrosshinros Posts: 1,517Registered Users
    Sephirex said:

Finished Sigmar's Time of Legends series to introduce me to Warhammer and now working my way through Gotrek and Felix. They're fun reads but the pacing is a little off, like they always feel a little anticlimactic or like the book ending came out of nowhere. Anyways, just started Vampireslayer and trying to figure out what the point of Ulrika's character was.

Ulrika has her own book series it's pretty good. Er I don't recommend times of legends nagash why did I not listen to sotek......
    Nagash: When Nagash reaches out to crush his enemies, it is with a million hands. When Nagash seeks out his prey, it is with a million eyes.....
    IT'S BACK!

http://www.blacklibrary.com/warhammer-age-of-sigmar

Down second bottom form the page
  • shinrosshinros Posts: 1,517Registered Users
    Jeckl said:

IT'S BACK!

It's been there for a long time several months in fact actually no since last year. Why necro this topic. Also before that you could search up all the old books if you wanted to.
    Nagash: When Nagash reaches out to crush his enemies, it is with a million hands. When Nagash seeks out his prey, it is with a million eyes.....
    shinros said:

Jeckl said:

IT'S BACK!

It's been there for a long time several months in fact actually no since last year. Why necro this topic. Also before that you could search up all the old books if you wanted to.

I didn't know

Just found out. I thought people who followed this thread would be interested is all
This discussion has been closed.