Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Marius Leitdorf Questbattle to get Daisy Kurt von Helboring II, please CA make it happen

herjan1987herjan1987 Posts: 644Registered Users
edited September 2016 in General Discussion
So dear Warhammer and Total War fans, this is a serious topic!

We all know Legendary Lords face legendary threats to get thier legendary items. Mannfredvon Carstein defeats savage orcs in the badlands to fuel up his sword, Vlad von Carstein slaughters empire troops to feed Blooddrinker, Karl Franz defeats an Orc WAAAGH to get Ghal Maraz and so and so fourth.

Know there is going to be undoubtable a Marius Leitdorf or Averland DLC, its just a matter of time. We all know Marius, the Mad elector count of Averland. He is not an ordinary person. He has the manners to call out the truth the Duke of Paragons wife look more like a troll then women, in response of course Bretonnia started a war against the Empire. Marius, had the courage to teach to hairy feet food maniacs ( ala Halflings ), that they should pay their taxes to the Empire, even, if its only mean that the Empire state troops will have a extra carrot for meal what those food destroyers gived to the Empire.

We all know that Averland has declared several wars and fougth on multiple fronts against bees, trees and imaginary fishmen.

Know with this knowledge in at our disposal we hould be able to build a nice little scenario where we can get Daisy Kurt von Helboring II, Marius Leitdorf trusted stead, sorry I mean advisor.

It would be a rather simple task, can be the first Quest battle for him. I imagine the scenario like this:

1. It should take part close to Averheim
2. At the beginning of the battle Marius should tell us that Daisy Kurt von Helboring II is quite nervous in his/her stable. The reason for this that their pack of dire wolfes and fell bats that, what hurt him. ( I choose these two since we dont have bees, alternativly you could fight dryads since that would count as trees :) )
3. Then you would need to fight this pack of beast inorder to get Daisy Kurt von Helboring II out his/her stable.

If you have any suggestions or ides share it!

For the grassy fields of Averland, For Marius Leitdorf!
Team Dwarfes
Team Brettonnia
Team Tomb Kings
Team High Elf
Team Averland

Leitdorf for Emperor!

Original Regiments of Renown and Dogs of War
Make Marious Leitdorf a playable Legendary Lord
Warhammer Fantasy Novels in Black Library

Comments

• lcmiraclelcmiracle Posts: 116Registered Users
    We will probably get Helborg; Marius leitdorf is interesting but I think at best he's gonna get the Boris Todbringer treatment. Does the currently in-game Leitdorf has the Mad trait by default?
  • herjan1987herjan1987 Posts: 644Registered Users

We will probably get Helborg; Marius leitdorf is interesting but I think at best he's gonna get the Boris Todbringer treatment. Does the currently in-game Leitdorf has the Mad trait by default?

The dfference between Boris Todbringer and Marius Leitdorf is that Marius is named Lord level character with existing model in 8th edition. So I do feel we could get a Averland DLC.
    Team Dwarfes
    Team Brettonnia
    Team Tomb Kings
    Team High Elf
    Team Averland

Leitdorf for Emperor!

Well that will make Averland a sub-faction with a legendary lord. And being a LL would mean Marius will have legendary quest item -- something AI LLs seem to gain by simply leveling up. Therefore we have the first issue - if Marius Leitdorf gets to rank whatever and gets the Averland Runefang (his only magical item), would you get it by confederation and skip the quest battles?
    Another would be the issue with two marius leitdorfs -- the LLs are shown on the recruit lord menu even before they are unlocked, so you would have a Marius Leitdorf unlock requirement like occupying Averheim. Is it considered Marius Leitdorf is recruited when you confederate with Averland? What happens if Averland is already destroyed? Do you get a fresh Marius Leitdorf from rank 0 or "re-surrect" an experience LL instead?
    ML runs into the same problem with Belegar Ironhammer: they both exist in 8E but neither brings anything speical to a video game; ML's Mad Count table is the only thing making him different from a generic Empire General with a barbed and a runefang + extra hand weapon. Whereas Belegar Ironhammer is actually just a slightly better Dwarf Lord with two special toys. They are also both starting in off-factions. With both issues combined I'd argue they are unlikely to make it as legitimate LLs.

Well that will make Averland a sub-faction with a legendary lord. And being a LL would mean Marius will have legendary quest item -- something AI LLs seem to gain by simply leveling up. Therefore we have the first issue - if Marius Leitdorf gets to rank whatever and gets the Averland Runefang (his only magical item), would you get it by confederation and skip the quest battles?
    Another would be the issue with two marius leitdorfs -- the LLs are shown on the recruit lord menu even before they are unlocked, so you would have a Marius Leitdorf unlock requirement like occupying Averheim. Is it considered Marius Leitdorf is recruited when you confederate with Averland? What happens if Averland is already destroyed? Do you get a fresh Marius Leitdorf from rank 0 or "re-surrect" an experience LL instead?
    ML runs into the same problem with Belegar Ironhammer: they both exist in 8E but neither brings anything speical to a video game; ML's Mad Count table is the only thing making him different from a generic Empire General with a barbed and a runefang + extra hand weapon. Whereas Belegar Ironhammer is actually just a slightly better Dwarf Lord with two special toys. They are also both starting in off-factions. With both issues combined I'd argue they are unlikely to make it as legitimate LLs.

Ok what does Ungrim Ironfist bring the table? Also he not from Karaz -a-Karak yet he is one the LL for Dwarfs.
    They can just simply do the samething to Belegar and Marius.
    Team Dwarfes
    Team Brettonnia
    Team Tomb Kings
    Team High Elf
    Team Averland

Leitdorf for Emperor!

• Bel_IsarBel_Isar Posts: 653Registered Users
    Yeah herjan is right. It shouldn´t be a issue, since it isn´t a issue for the dwarfs aswell.

I realy like Leitdorf but i doubt his "flair" can be transported into the game. He´s awesome because of all that insane stuff he does but its hard to declare war on bees in TW. A posibility would to have events pop up with Leitdorf with some crazy storylines.

It should be the cool Leitdorf from Warhammer FB, not Age of Sigmarines, couse i most definitly won´t pretent to ride a horse while playing a TW-battle.... Thats to insane, even for my taste...
  • LangolierLangolier Junior Member Posts: 374Registered Users
    edited September 2016
    Marius is he the Warhammer version of Caligula?

I believe Caligula declared war on Poseidon and had his soldiers stab the water and he gave his horse a senator post was it?

And before someone corrects it yes i know much of early history like this is propaganda and slander,(history is written by the winner right) but it makes it more fun
    "Furthermore i believe that Carthage must be destroyed" - Cato the Elder
    "Furthermore I also believe that Chaos Dwarfs should have really big hats" - Langolier the middle aged
  • CanuoveaCanuovea Posts: 13,520Registered Users, Moderators
    Marius is more awesomer than Caligula. Sure, he's bonkers, but he's a legitimately brilliant strategist.

#TeamMarius
    -Forum Terms and Conditions: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest
    -Using all caps is the equivalent of shouting. Please don't.
    -The "Spam" flag is not a "disagree" flag. Have a care.
    -...No, no the "Abuse" flag isn't a "disagree" flag either!
    -5.7 Summon a moderator if someone seems to be out of line, or use the report button. Do NOT become another party to misbehaviour
    edited September 2016
    Ungrim is a two-hander (only dwarf lord so far in-game) and a slayer, and has campaign bonus for the units it represents. No having Ungrim but having Slayers is like having Bugman's rangers but no Bugman. If that's not a huge reason to bring him in I don't know what will.
    Let's now look at Marius Leitdorf -- some guy with a random table that would translate poorly in-game, one magic item, represents a sub faction that has no unique units unless you count the discontinued halflings, and has a generic lord representing him in-game already. His reign? Are you crazy? The one notable thing he did in the lore, other than getting Empire to fight Bretonnia, in Helmgart, no where close to Averland, is repressing the Halflings. That'd be an interesting LL quest line -- beat the **** out of the foodies for your runefang!
    And if you put Third Battle for Blackfire Pass as a quest he would conflict with KF. Face it, there's no place for the Mad Count.
  • CanuoveaCanuovea Posts: 13,520Registered Users, Moderators
    Marius is too fun to not include. It will give me an excuse to give everyone silly names (Toddlerbringer!).
    -Forum Terms and Conditions: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest
    -Using all caps is the equivalent of shouting. Please don't.
    -The "Spam" flag is not a "disagree" flag. Have a care.
    -...No, no the "Abuse" flag isn't a "disagree" flag either!
    -5.7 Summon a moderator if someone seems to be out of line, or use the report button. Do NOT become another party to misbehaviour
    edited September 2016

Ungrim is a two-hander (only dwarf lord so far in-game) and a slayer, and has campaign bonus for the units it represents. No having Ungrim but having Slayers is like having Bugman's rangers but no Bugman. If that's not a huge reason to bring him in I don't know what will.
    Let's now look at Marius Leitdorf -- some guy with a random table that would translate poorly in-game, one magic item, represents a sub faction that has no unique units unless you count the discontinued halflings, and has a generic lord representing him in-game already. His reign? Are you crazy? The one notable thing he did in the lore, other than getting Empire to fight Bretonnia, in Helmgart, no where close to Averland, is repressing the Halflings. That'd be an interesting LL quest line -- beat the **** out of the foodies for your runefang!
    And if you put Third Battle for Blackfire Pass as a quest he would conflict with KF. Face it, there's no place for the Mad Count.

Marius Leitdorf is one the most ( if not the most ) popular Lord in Warhammer. When he originally came in out he had been sold with 3 other elector counts: Aldebrand Ludenhof, the elector count of Hochland, Boris Todbringer, the elector count from Middenheim and Valmir von Raukov, the elector count from Ostland.

None of them had update except for Marius.

And you know that CA could tinker with the idea that Daisy could give some leadership buffs ( being Marius`s most trusted advisor ), beyond Leitdorf inspiring presents.

Also, if you read carefully I would go with a little less serious Questline with Marius. Warhammer its not all about killing. There is a lot of humor involved and this would give a really distinct flavor to a Averland campaign.

For the grassy fields of Averland, For Marius Leitdorf!
    Team Dwarfes
    Team Brettonnia
    Team Tomb Kings
    Team High Elf
    Team Averland

Leitdorf for Emperor!

edited September 2016
    Except as a LL quest there will be battles. I'd rather see Averheim razed to the ground before the foodies are molested by the Mad Count again. How is a less serious storyline not about killing going to work in W:TW? A bunch of cutscenes? Yeah exactly what I want from a TW game. The Mad Count is a good character for a movie, but entirely unfit to be translated into TW games format.
    For Franz, death to Marius Leitdorf!

Except as a LL quest there will be battles. I'd rather see Averheim razed to the ground before the foodies are molested by the Mad Count again. How is a less serious storyline not about killing going to work in W:TW? A bunch of cutscenes? Yeah exactly what I want from a TW game. The Mad Count is a good character for a movie, but entirely unfit to be translated into TW games format.

Some of the other Quest-Lines already had parts of "Story telling" beside the actuall Battle. And in some of this storylines, the Battle wasn´t even the climax of the story, just a mere battle... I would love to see CA to expand on it with a character like Marius. Take that Brettonia storyline for example... Give us some funny events arround that, a battle vs a brettonian army during the Questline and in the end Daisy as a Item. I don´t see any issue with that...
    edited September 2016
    Except there would be no battle. Just a bunch of texts. Every questline has battles, Marius will get none unless they add in the Halfling, in a battle where he kills them. I don't see Halflings being added. Do I see problems with a LL quest without a single battle? Yes, yes I do.

Except there would be no battle. Just a bunch of texts. Every questline has battles, Marius will get none unless they add in the Halfling, in a battle where he kills them. I don't see Halflings being added. Do I see problems with a LL quest without a single battle? Yes, yes I do.

Why shouldn´t there be a battle? Give em a battle with brettonia and you ahve your quest battle in the quest line. Let it start with the brettonia-story, have him send some agents to brettonia or gather some money for the jurney, than give him his "Your wife looks worse than a troll"-scene, after that a battle versus brettonia and in the end, make him realise, he needs a advicer, so he gets Daisy as a item/mount...

Gelt has a quest battle, wich doesnt directly leeds to his item, aswell... I don´t see any issues with it...
  • Karnil_Vark_KhaitanKarnil_Vark_Khaitan Member Posts: 424Registered Users

So when Kholek Suneater has 1 questbattle or when Sigvald has 2 and fullfills no role in the Chaos Warriors what so ever thats cool, but when it about Marius...
    Team Dwarfes
    Team Brettonnia
    Team Tomb Kings
    Team High Elf
    Team Averland

Leitdorf for Emperor!

So when Kholek Suneater has 1 questbattle or when Sigvald has 2 and fullfills no role in the Chaos Warriors what so ever thats cool, but when it about Marius...

This... it´s warhammer in the end. Some characters just exist to be cool. I would love to see all Electors as LL (and all provinces playable btw) at some point. Would be awesome to have some Characters instead of noname-Lords to beat the **** out of archaon, grimgor, elves and every other evil race!...
  • jamreal18jamreal18 Senior Member Posts: 8,632Registered Users
    edited October 2017
    I like Marius Leitdorf but he is dead, right?

How about Valmir Von Raukov?
    He's torn between Ulric and Sigmar and he has relation with Kislev?
    He's model is also nice....
  • SiWISiWI Senior Member Posts: 10,501Registered Users
    jamreal18 said:

I like Marius Leitdorf but he is dead.

How about Valmir Von Raukov?
    He's torn between Ulric and Sigmar and he has relation with Kislev?
    He's model is also nice....

not when KF was coronated...
    besides: vlad&isabella
    Ratling_Guns.gif?t=1554385892
  • PaulHPaulH Posts: 1,360Registered Users
    He's not dead at the time of TWW.

And Marius Leitdorf would be an amazing LL to add to the game, he'd be a blast to play as with his various insanities adding all kinds of interesting events to the table. People always seem to want Boris, but all he really is is a one-eyed grumpy man. Marius Leitdorf is an exceptional swordsmen, a persecutor of short people, champion in the war against the fishmen, slayer of bees, destroyer of trees, and many other things beside.

Plus his horse should be his advisor but with the old man advisors voice.
  • TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Posts: 10,404Registered Users
    I haven't seen any Quest Battle to get a mount for an LL, so I guess his Quest Battle would be for Mother's Ruin, the Averland Runefang.
    PaulH said:

People always seem to want Boris, but all he really is is a one-eyed grumpy man.

Who had the best chances to become Emperor aside the 3 Sigmarite Votes and could bring in the Cult of Ulric.

Why not friggin Both?
    Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, ETCHED IN BLOOD! Clan Gunnisson! Karak Eight Peaks! JOSEF BUGMAN!"

CA hates the Empire confirmed. The FLC LL for the new Lord Pack is Gor-Rok. Meaning the Empire still hasn't gotten their FLC LL. And no, moving Balthasar Gelt from Reikland, where he should be, DOES NOT COUNT. If they wanted a LL in the Southern Empire: Marius Leitdorf of Averland or maybe Elspeth von Draken in Nuln...

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him?

GHAL MARAZ IS THE WEAPON OF THE SETTING! YET SOME BRETONNIAN SWORD IS MORE POTENT?! BUFF GHAL MARAZ IN SIGMAR'S NAME!
  • PaulHPaulH Posts: 1,360Registered Users

I haven't seen any Quest Battle to get a mount for an LL, so I guess his Quest Battle would be for Mother's Ruin, the Averland Runefang.

PaulH said:

People always seem to want Boris, but all he really is is a one-eyed grumpy man.

Who had the best chances to become Emperor aside the 3 Sigmarite Votes and could bring in the Cult of Ulric.

Why not friggin Both?
    I'd be happy for both, more than happy. But I'd rather Marius before Boris, though both at the same time would be best.
  • TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Posts: 10,404Registered Users
    PaulH said:

PaulH said:

Why not friggin Both?
    I'd be happy for both, more than happy. But I'd rather Marius before Boris, though both at the same time would be best.
    Sorry... Boris in theory offers more with the Cult of Ulric... he should be first (especially since he atleast already has a Model and a Legendary Item)

in regards of Chances
    https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/6gubzs/will_we_ever_have_a_second_empire_faction/dit8fl4/
    Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, ETCHED IN BLOOD! Clan Gunnisson! Karak Eight Peaks! JOSEF BUGMAN!"

CA hates the Empire confirmed. The FLC LL for the new Lord Pack is Gor-Rok. Meaning the Empire still hasn't gotten their FLC LL. And no, moving Balthasar Gelt from Reikland, where he should be, DOES NOT COUNT. If they wanted a LL in the Southern Empire: Marius Leitdorf of Averland or maybe Elspeth von Draken in Nuln...

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him?

GHAL MARAZ IS THE WEAPON OF THE SETTING! YET SOME BRETONNIAN SWORD IS MORE POTENT?! BUFF GHAL MARAZ IN SIGMAR'S NAME!
  • IokkoIokko Junior Member Posts: 416Registered Users
    Man, Marius is one of those characters that is just too cool not to do, i really don't get why they didn't add him, especially since the empire is the only base game faction with 3 LL and only 1 start position.

Don't get me wrong, i do want todbringer to be a full LL too, but he's technically part of the beastmen DLC so when they do make him playable, he might just be available to owners of the DLC. If they added Marius as FLC, everyone would have access to him, and his new start position.

I wonder if maybe CA thought he wasn't unique enough to make it into the game, or something like that. Though i have seen plenty of people asking for him to be added ever since the release of warhammer 1.

Maybe we could bring that to CA's attention with a new thread, even if they don't respond to it they'll at least see it and remember that there still is a demand to see the Mad Count. In fact i may do that but first i want to do some research on him to make sure i make some good points, i feel like the downfall of a lot of those threads is how often they turn into useless bickering between users, rather than a focused effort to achieve a common goal.
    Stating opinions as if they're facts in your signature and adding "Change my mind" doesn't make them facts, change my mind.
  • petertel123petertel123 Junior Member Posts: 752Registered Users
    Necroing year old threads again I see?
    Team Bretonnia
    Team Dark Elves
This discussion has been closed.