Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

The original Regiments of Renown - Dogs of War - in progress Dogs of War characters

herjan1987herjan1987 Posts: 644Registered Users
edited October 2016 in General Discussion
After the Grim and the Grave DLC, we can see that their will place for Regiments of Renown. That said Games Workshop was once a creative company and created special units that where uniqe in their ways.

Its important to note out these units where set in period, where the current fluff was not existent. This is why Grom the Paunch was still a goblin an and orc and he was able have a drink with Dwarfs, just to start out the Goblin Wars! That why High elfs are called Sea Elves and there are half orcs mentionned to live in Nuln or having Lizardmen under Caraz-a-Carak ( Karaz-a-Karak ).

These regiments are long forgotten and most of them are lost in the lore, but they where one of the first to emerge from Games Workshops sculpting tables. Have fun and a with this little tribute to them!

So lets wind the clock back to 1984 to the forgotten times of Warhammer Fantasy battles ( a small disclaimer: If a Regiment of Renown had a later iteration then I will be using that, that is the reason of the miniatures quality differences ) :

Bugmams Rangers

First release: Apr 1984 ( models shown where realised in August 1993 and it was made by Micheal Perry )

After Goblins burned his Brewery Josep Bugman swore revange againts the Grobi and he hunts them with his compainions.

Knights of Origo

First release: Apr 1984

An order of Kinght monks, who crusades for the right thinking folk. Killing goblins and bandits alike.

Groms Goblin Guard

First release: Jun 1984

Half Orc, half Goblin warriors who served in the legendary Goblins Wars, which was fought between Dwarfs and the Orcs and Goblins.

Mengil Manhide's Dark Elf Company

First release: Jul 1984

A dark elf company that like to turn thier enemys skin into capes.

Harboth's Orc Archers

A band of orc archer who terrorize the Black Fire pass.

Mad Mullah Aklan'd's Death Commandos

First release: Jul 1984

A group of desert living dwellers who went out on a war on the Sea Elves.

Oreons Wood elf Archers

Wood Elf archers, who left the old world and lent their service to the Sea Elf lord in a Southland Campaign. After returning to the Old World their where the backbone of the Wood elf defence.

Golgfags Ogres

A group of mercenary Ogres, lead by the most famous of them all Golgfag.

Mudak's Half Orc Mercenaries

First release: January 1985

A band of half orc lead by Mudat Brokenbone, who was later killed, by the goblin general Grom, 'The Paunch of Misty Mountain' ( who was later reincarted as the Orc Warlord Grom, the Paunch )

Elwing's Elven Guard Cavalry

A company of elves from the city of Lothern, who defends the boarders of the Elven kingdoms.

Karnac's Lizardmen Raiders

Karnacs Lizardmen raider where the residence of the lower levels of Caraz-a-Carak, and the dwarfs have thought them unitl they decide to seal the lower part of the carac ( karak ). What happend to Karnac and his raiders nobody knows.

Flying Gargoyles of Barda

Barda Von Micklestein a wizard in Marienburg was not a known or powerfull wizard, but he was the first, who was able to summon Gargoyles. Gargoyles that desolated Marienburg. Later other wizards where able to summon them in more controlled manner.

Lothern City Guard

Lead by D'roi Haisplinn, Captain of the Guard of Lothern, who was is a neurotic, homicidal maniac. this group of Elves, was the responsible to keep order in the freeport of Lothern, where Norse traders, Old World merchants, adventurers, sailors, dropouts, drunkards and other assorted wierdoes wander around to see the only part of the Elven kingdom that they are allowed to.

Side note this is the unit that inspired the infamous ( from the TT players standpoint, this unit has spears and shield and a bow and they can use it all ) Lothern Sea Guard unit in the later fluff.

Notlob's Orcish Bolt Throwing Engines

First release: January 1985 ( special thing to mention that it was design by Alan and Micheal Perry, also known as Perry twins, who where responsible for many great miniatures to come in the Games Workshop range for example the bretonnian Green Knight )

Notlob was orc outlaw, who beaten back the humans and dwarfs out of the Black Fire Pass with his Bolt Throwing Engines.

Throg's Hobgoblin Despoilers

First release: Arpil 1985

After getting kicked out from the the Old World, he fled to the Dark Lands alongside with the other Orc, Goblins and Hobgoblins. There he carved an empire from himself and soon he started to do campaign in the World Edge Mountains againts the dwarfs.

Disciples of the Red Redemption

First release: May 1985

During the War between the Men of the West and the swarthy Arabians, a warrior priest called fanatic warrior of the westerners Eroneus Balbadron, former member of the Knights of the Brotherhood, found a book and which contained the truth. Though this truth contained the teaching of Khorne, the blood. Eroneus, then butchered his former fellow Kinghts of the Brotherhood founded the Disciples of the Red Redemption and a man Darkhoth, who was initiated, by the same book lead this regiments against all the heretics who stands against Khorne.

Eeza Ugezod's Mother Crushers

First release: August 1985

A band black orc who managed to pillage and plunder over 42 years without a getting defeated and lead by Eeza Ugezod, who fate is unknown to us.

Knights of the Cleansing Flame

First release: May 1985

After e discovered that his chapter brothers, the Knights of the Brotherhood was brutally murdered, most likely by his own cousin Eroneus Balbadron and the Disciples of the Red Redemption, Chronus Goodheart swore a revenge on the ruines powers of Chaos to avange his cousins "death".

Prince Ulther's Dragon Company

First release: November 1987 ( Perry minis :)

Offical lore:

King Ulfar Stonehammer of Karak-Ungor lay dying. Relatives and retainers were gathered round his bed with its four dragon-topped posts, chewing their beards in grief.

"Where is my son?" croaked the king, "Let him come to me." A servant slipped out of the royal bedchamber and hurried to the Prince's apartments. After a few minutes, Prince Ulther son of Ulfar entered the chamber, whistling cheerfully.

"Hello, father," he said, "Still here, then?"

"Well, that's nice," gasped the king, "What about a bit of grief?" The Prince scratched his beard. "Of course I'll miss you and all that," he said, "But then, I am going to be king when you've hung up your hammer. Will mixed feelings do?" The king raised his dimming eyes to the ceiling ."Come closer," he wheezed, "There are some things I must tell you before I die." The Prince approached the four-poster hopefully, as did the court scribe, quill in hand.

"My son," croaked the king, "I leave you the rulership of Karak-Ungor" - there was an uncomfortable shuffling among the king's retainers at this point - "And I leave you my war-axe, with the dragon-etched blade..."

"Not the hammer?" interrupted the Prince, a little peevishly.

"Watch it or you won't get the axe."

"Sorry."

"That's better. And along with the axe, I leave you a duty. Years ago, I swore that I would never rest until the blight of Chaos was cut out from our race, and the Chaos Dwarfs were no more. I pass that oath on to you. I also pass on to you my oath to exterminate the Goblins and their foul kin. You shall form a warband from the very cream of our race, and take it out to destroy these two enemies. You shall not rest until you have completed your task, nor shall you return to Karak-Ungor, which will be ruled in your absence by my Chancellor, Gorm the Wise..."

The king was interrupted at this point by a collective sigh from his retainers, some of whom openly started shaking hands. They were quelled by a stern glance fom the king, who carried on with his death-speech as the scribe wrote furiously. "You shall be called the Dragon Company." he continued, "Take for your standard a dragon-carved post from your father's deathbed..."

CRRRAACK!!!

"Not now !" spluttered the king, from beneath the fallen canopy of his bed, "Oh, what's the use?" And with that, he died.

Skarloc's Wood Elf Archers

First release: July 1987

A wood elf company that patrols the border woods of the Wood elf realms, hunting for orcs.

The Nightmare Legion

First release: December 1986

A group of skeleton warriors lead by Ennio Mordinia a former powerfull tilean mercenary captian. He was betrayed, by their patron Duke Fabriano of Lambrusco who was fearing that they will betray him and take over his stare, he sent Mordinis mercanary company into a trap, which was the seal of deal with the city state of Organza allience. Mordini swore an oath to take revange just right before he died. After five years an army of skeleton warriors poured out of the Apuccini Mountains and crushed Lambrusco forces and destroyed his city. Duke Fabriano of Lambrusco said to be dying for seven days and nights. After that The Nighmare legion turned against Organza and all the other city states.

Rugluds Armored orc

First release: November 1987 ( its worht to note that this regiment survived till the "Great Gutting" of the WHFB franchise, which was last year, of course in a updated form )

Official lore:

The Crooked Eye Orcs had travelled many miles westward to the Old World, suffering the sniping of mountain Goblins, incessant rain, and the endless whining of Bambrag, their incontinent shaman.

Once, they skirted a ruined Dwarfhold. Fear of spirits kept them from sheltering inside, but, a single Orc Hero named Ruglud had dared to enter. He returned unharmed, but had not spoken since, and stated blankly into space.

The Orcs huddled in the rain before a rough stone wall across a narrow pass, while Chief Gudruk Bonechewer yelled at a figure on the battlements.

'Stoopid!', he screamed, 'Do we look like Chaos boys?'

'Zog off!' echoed the reply.

Gudruk returned to the tribe, dodging the hall of stones and garbage that accompanied this witty riposte.

'Lissen,' he said. 'Them kak-'ead Gobboes reckon the Chaos boys took ev'ryfink over. They ain't comin' out an' they ain't lettin' nuffink through. They got bows an' rocks an' spears an' stuff - if we was to try and get 'em, they'd crump us to bits.' He thought for a while.

'We needs volunteers', he announced at length. His warriors developed a sudden and compelling interest in the ground at their feet.

'Or armour', whined Bambrag, 'Couldn't touch us if we 'ad cans like real Chaos boys.'

'We ain't got cans, 'ave we, Trickle-legs?' snarled Gudruk.

'Cans... jus' lyin' where they dropped... all black an' spiky.'

It was Ruglud who spoke. Gudruk gave him a good shake to speed the recovery of his senses, and he continued dreamily.

'Down this Stunty-hole... lotsa rooms ... lost... big room... big enough to stand up in ... big pile of bones an' gear... spiky Stunties an' reg'lar ones... wiped each uvver out...'

'Yerrrss!' cried Gudruk, 'We'll 'ave some o' that! Come on, boys - it's Goblin-gizzard for supper!'.

A swift expedition returned to the Dwarfhold. The ill-fitting plates were roughly hammered into shape and held

together with whatever came to hand. By nightfall, a small unit of armoured warriors was ready.

As the gear's discoverer and the bravest, meanest and certainly the most stupid Orc, Ruglud was made leader, At Gudruk's suggestion, Bambrag became the regimental musician on the Xylobone, a traditional Orcish instrument, and Maggot - Gudruk's youngest and most irritating whelp - joined the ranks as standard-bearer.

The tribe feasted upon Goblin-flesh long into the night - all except for Ruglud, who couldn't get his helmet off, and was reduced to sucking broth through a straw.

If people want I will pots the official lore an all of the regiments, I just wanted to give a quick overview about them this time.

Next up I will try to find, the lore about the sequal of the Regiments of Renown, what is called Dogs of War, which is in line with the current fluff of Warhammer Fantasy Battles.

I hope that this will give the Modders and CA some inspiration, what could be added to the game as a content.
Team Dwarfes
Team Brettonnia
Team Tomb Kings
Team High Elf
Team Averland

Leitdorf for Emperor!

Original Regiments of Renown and Dogs of War
Make Marious Leitdorf a playable Legendary Lord
Warhammer Fantasy Novels in Black Library
Post edited by herjan1987 on

Comments

• endurendur Posts: 3,240Registered Users
    Thanks for posting!
  • PhiloslothicalPhiloslothical Posts: 859Registered Users
    edited September 2016
    endur said:

Thanks for posting!

Good guy, it had to be said.

Awesome digging work OP.
    Praise the sun ! \[T]/
  • ChronusUndividedChronusUndivided Posts: 148Registered Users
    Fantastic Post!
  • herjan1987herjan1987 Posts: 644Registered Users
    Thank you. It took some time to shape it, but seeing some poeple like it, its worht it.

Next week I will propebly have time to go throught the Dogs of War regiments.
    Team Dwarfes
    Team Brettonnia
    Team Tomb Kings
    Team High Elf
    Team Averland

Leitdorf for Emperor!

• LordCommanderLordCommander Posts: 1,124Registered Users
    Yeesh, I played Warhammer in the mid-90's and hardly knew about any of these. Good job.
  • LangolierLangolier Junior Member Posts: 374Registered Users
    thanks for posting this, I have not yet checked it up but I definitely will once I get some time for it.
    "Furthermore i believe that Carthage must be destroyed" - Cato the Elder
    "Furthermore I also believe that Chaos Dwarfs should have really big hats" - Langolier the middle aged
  • RyriameRyriame Junior Member Posts: 26Registered Users

Thank you. It took some time to shape it, but seeing some poeple like it, its worht it.

Next week I will propebly have time to go throught the Dogs of War regiments.

Nice. :)
  • EarlybirdEarlybird Posts: 592Registered Users
    edited September 2016

Yeesh, I played Warhammer in the mid-90's and hardly knew about any of these. Good job.

80% od these regiments where one timer. It got realesed and it wasnt resculpted.

Only the following Regiments where resculpted and sometimes given new names:

Disciples of the Red Redemption ( Chaos cultist )
    Oreons Wood Elf Archers
    Groms Goblin Guard
    Harbots Orc Archers
    Throgs Hobgoblin Despoilers ( Hobgoblins )
    Knights of the Cleansing Flame ( Imperial Knights )
    Eeza Ugezod's Mother Crushers ( Giant Black Orcs )
    Ruglud Armored Orcs ( althought the resculpted version is from the Dogs of War series )

Only three regiment was succesfull enough to be resculpted twice it was Bugmans rangers, Golgfags Maneaters and Mengils Manhides Company ( the last two had a their second reincarnations in the Dogs of War series ).

By the 90s most of these regiments where dropped. Bugmans Ranges though lived through in the Dwarf army roster.

Funfact:
    Bugman trivia

The longest lasting mini out of Regiments of Renown was Josep Bugman. The fellow with the white beard and B letter banner. Was availaible from 1993 to 2016 in Games Workshops store. He had several limited edition models and the name giver of Games Workshops canteen, where you can order a some Bugman XXXXX, if you like.

Game wise he could beef of a unit of Quallerers/Rangers with some hefty abilities, if you included him in the unit.
    Team Dwarfes
    Team Brettonnia
    Team Tomb Kings
    Team High Elf
    Team Averland

Leitdorf for Emperor!

• ArilouArilou Senior Member Posts: 632Registered Users
    "Eeza Ugezod"

You and your puns. Never change GW.
    Tommorow or after I will be able to post the new Dogs of War regiments. But I have to tell even to get some nice pictures of these guys was one heck of a job.

Despite being released almost a decade after the Classic Regiment of renown, in the late 1990s, besides the box art, that I dont want to use due to copywrite reasons, some of these regiments are pretty rarely photographed. I dare to say that they dont have such pictures that they are shown in a official Workshop enviorment after they did the paintjob on them. Unlike the classics above.
    Team Dwarfes
    Team Brettonnia
    Team Tomb Kings
    Team High Elf
    Team Averland

Leitdorf for Emperor!

edited September 2016

Dogs of War,

or Regiments of Renown

The Dogs of War armybook was released in 1998 for the 5th edition of Warhammer Fantasy Battles. You could hire these units for your Warhammer armies, with exception of Bretonnia or even better make yourself an all Dogs of War army!

As I said previously the prequal to Dogs of War, where the Regiments of Renown back in 1984 and some of those units joined the collection of mercanary figthers. Most of them are highly trained warriors, who will carry out their contract, but some of them will reconsider themself, if the opposition has a higher bid. Most of them serve in Tilea and Estalia, where besides the city watch their are not much of a military forces to fight. There these lands are the heaven for mercanary warbands.

Most of the Dogs of War units are flavour ones. No wonder since it was a time when Warhammer doesnt tried it to be too serious. It was a time, when story telling and having fun when it was up to creating new units. Since the ground- and framework of the setting was already done it needed actors to give it life.

Now after this long introduction lets dive into to the units! First lets go with those who we already know:

Ruglud's Armoured Orcs

"Gobbos fer dinner! Gobbos fer tea! Gobbos when u want ‘em! Gobbos for me!"

—Battlecry of the Ruglud's Armoured Orcs

Ruglud Bonechewer was once a mighty Warlord of the Crooked Eye Tribe, leading his tribe through countless victories across the Badlands uniting smaller Orc tribes, smashing throught the Grey and World Edge Mountains and even manage to pillage the low lands of the Empire. However during a campaign in the Darklands he was ambushed, by Chaos Dwarfes and defeated. Since he wasnt the biggest and the badass, and got wacked, by chaos stunties, many of his army left him.

With the rest of his army he searching for place to shelter himself, when they comed across a cave. But since it was a bit more spooky then what an orc would dare to enter, he needed to force his men into it.

Inside they found a an aftermath of a battle. As they where looking around they recognised the Chaos dwarfs that they have suffered the defeat. At this point Ruglud had found a crossbow at his feet, he picked it up to take a closer look at it, when a chunky part of the masonry falled on his head. This blow gave him an idea. Since the Chaos stunties beat him, why not join`em. He started stripp the bodies off of their have plates and started to put them on. He ordered his men to do the same and said to them in a rather fancy orcish manner: "We'll show 'em how it's done."

Thus the Regiment Rugluds armored orc was born. Providing his services throught the Badlands, the Border Princes and their are some romours say that even the Empire was using them once.

Trivia: Rugluds Armored Orc was last surviving Dogs of War unit from this list. They have been discountinued early this summer, when Games Workshop where reorgonasing the Orcs and Goblins range.

Mengil Manhide's Manflayers

Mengil Manhide is the youngest son of Kraal the Hearteater the powerfull and and cruel lord of the dark elf city Clar Karond. Mengil to proove his worthiness had to overcome his father grueling tests, in which once he was sent to hunt down and a powerfull Norseman slave, which had escaped. He wasnt allowed to come back to the city until he provided evidence, that he killed the norse.

After he killing his victom he cut out of his heart and ate it. During which time he flayed the men and consuming him afterwords. When he returned to Clar Karond the people started to shout Manhide, due to his very original cape he was wearing.

When he come to the age he joined the Corsairs and raided the entirity of the Old world. He rised rapidly, but his viciousness and unpredictability grown even faster. He continued to flay his enemys, that he captured druing his raids and put them in the hall of his fathers, which was growing quite rapidly.

Shortly he was the captain of the dark elf Black Arc the Citadel of Spite. It became an infamous ship for the High Elves, Bretonnia, Norsca, Estalia and Araby. On this ship was the base Mengil Manhide's Manflayers, an elite unit od assasins, who occasinially gived their trade to the highest bidder, to have some fun....

Golgfag's Meneaters

Golfag Maneater is the single most succesfull Ogre mercenary to walk on the Old World. He so renowned that Emperor Karl Franz had decorated him.

The earliest story of we know of Golgfag is when he and ogres where in a the Gnashrak, who led a campaign against Karak Kadrin, which the dwarfs where loosing ,thank to the Ogres, but he grow tired of the goblins brew and after a particularly drunk night he enganged Gnashrak in rather unsettling conversation. Which escalated into a fight. Soon all of the orc and ogres where bashing each other. Golgfag decided to torn Gnashraks arm off and use it to bash the orcs aside so he can lead his Ogres to safty. The orc was furious and demanded Golgfags head. So Golgfag decided its time offer the dwarfs his services, which was presented to in the form of Gnashrak arm. Ungrim Ironfist put asside his acts of retribution and decided to hire Golgfag. So the dwarfs and Golgfag party had gone to Broken Leg Gully, where the orc encamptmen was and bruttally crushed Gnashraks forces.

During the march to Karak Kadrin though Golgfag had took some of the dwarfs baggage train and headed out to the Empire with it. There he grew an appetite for Halflings.

Shortly afterwards he had gone to Tilea where he was hired by Lorenzo Lupo. The ruler of Luccini. The ogres where excelling on the battlefield, but they have become a considerable nuisance on his city. The citizen where complaing about how the ogres bullied, robbed and got beaten by the Ogres. Lupos patience about this lasted only till Golgfag decided to rob Lorenzos person wine cellar. After that the Ogres where rounded up by pike men and they have been locked away. Not for long since a messanger from the Border Prince was hiring sell swords and Lupo decide to introduce him to Golgfag.

After a lucrative service in the Border Prince, Golgfag has heard the news that some orc and goblins are attacking Karak Kadrin again. Since after the Halflings dwarf was his next faovurite meal he decide to head to there.

Unfortunatly on the way there some dwarven rangers have alerted Ungrim Ironfist and since Golgfags little "borrowing" wasnt forgot by the Slayer king. He gathered all the slayer in the Slayer Keeps slayer shrine offering them a an honourable death.

Golgfag was just about to march past Karak Kadrin, when he saw a line of slayers infront of his regiment. they prepared themself for battle, but the slayers lead by Ungrim where so devastating, that all except Golgfag meneater survived the attack . After that Ungrim Ironfist enprisoned Golgfag and let him in the prison of Karak Kadrin until his crimes where paid. After that Golgfag has headed back to the Ogre Kingdoms to reorganise his maneater regiment.

Trivia: After Golgfag maneaters where disbanded from Games Workshop catalog, they put Golgfag as Hero choice in the Ogre Kingdoms armybooks.

Now lets look at those regiments that where created for the Dogs of War series:

Al Muktar's Desert Dogs

Al Muktar's Desert Dogs are a mercenary warband from Araby, with a rather interesting backstory. It all started in Mariennburg, where the young Werner Glook an Empire noblemans son, who came to Marienburg to study. Unfortunatly due to the fact that he was from the Empire, his teachers and fellow students often beat him, but he grow an endurance to this beating and often he was dreaming of an exotic life in foreing lands.

After he gratuated from his studies, he took a tilean ship to Lasleik, the harbour of the Corsairs of Araby. During while he was looking around the city some small boys tried to pickpocket him, but with a strong word Werner sent the boys away in their native tounge. Many of them where suprised that blonde haired man with blue eyes can speak their tounge. One of them them said that he was Al Muktar - the Choosen one -, after this accident the roumore spread about him and no one was trying to pick his pockets ever again.

Later Werner went to the desert to find some foumos ruins and with guides and camels he had headed out of the city. During his travel he was attack by bandits, his guides ran off except for Ibn, who was a blind boy. Werner was obstinate to flee and engaged the bandits in a fist fight - which he learned through out his learning days in Marienburg.

The leader of the bandits, Sheikh Almed Shuffti, was so impressed by the Old world, who was the first of his kind that he saw, that he decided that he tie to a stake and slowly he will beat him to death. After three days of beating and no water Werner was only insulting his captors, while roped to the stake and the man of Sheikh Almed Shuffti began to worry, since till now no one was capable taking this much pain from them. They began to whisper about Al Muktar, while Shuffti was inpressed by his prisoner.

Werner soon heard over the whispers and began to shout Al Muktar himself, without knowing the legend of the Choosen one. During this time Ibn started to tell them about the "miracles" that the Old Worlder did in Lasleik. After some valauable of the bandits started to dissapear Ibn told them that their been cursed by Al Muktar. The band immidiatly set loose Werner and starte to shout and cry while falling down before him: "Al Muktar... Al Muktar.. Forgive us..."

Werner forgive them and became one of them. Soon they where such a nuisance that the Sheikh of Lasheik, that he hired them to fight the Tomb Kings. but the Desert Dogs gone restless and they find they ways to the Badlands and soon into the Border Princes, where they become so feared as they where in Araby.

Trivia: Al Muktars Desert Dogs are the closest and only representations of models, that we got from Araby to Warhammer Fantasy Battles

Asarnil the Dragonlord

"Victory was finally within our grasp. Then, without warning, a vast green Dragon fell from the skies to bar our way. Its teeth were like scythes, bilious green fumes leaked from its nostrils, and on its back rode a proud warrior. This was the first we saw of Asarnil"

—Extract from "The Glorious adventures of Gunter Friesheim"

Asarnil story begins on Ulthaun the home of the High Elves. Asarnil is a Dragonprice of Calador the famous high elf province of the dragontamers. From the start of life he was trained to become a warrior and one of the few elves that could wake a dragon from his slumber. During the Great War against Chaos, he and Deathfang, his personal dragonmount, lead the Caledor Dragonprinces against the armies of Chaos and it is, because of him that Caledor wasnt corrupted by the creatures of the Warp.

During the elven civil war, he lead the Dragonprinces once again into battle battle against the Dark elves. After the battle of Finuval Plain he was ordered by Phoenix King Finubar, the Seafarer to link up with the High Elf for forces, which are Marching out from Lothern, before he was able to fullfill the order, word came that the Dark elfs where attacking Caledor itself. Asarnil ordered the Dragonprinces to turnback and they crushed the invading force from the Dark elves. Meanwhile the Phoenix King was attacked. Asarnil arrived intime for the battle and helped beat back the Dark elves.

On arrival to Finubars camp Asarnil expected that he will be rewarded and hounored for his help. Instead he faced the rage of the Phoenix King since, if the Drangonprinces dont arrive Finubars forces would have been crushed. Due to disobeying the Kings orders and saving Caledor instead of aiding the troops of the Pheonix crown Asarnil becomed engraged to the accusations and declined and swore that he is not subject of Finubar anymore. The response was swift: If Asarnil wont face the Kings justice and punishements, he will stripped from all of titles and lands.

The proudfull price of Caledor refused and packed his weapons and armor, he mounted Deathfang and left Ulthaun. He flew to old elven ruin in the south part of the Old World. There he saw that now humans are inhabiting the land. He descanded with Deathfang on the city of Remas in Tilea. Where he allied with the Prince of Remas. He and Deathfang are a devastated throu the war that was fought with the city state of Miragliano. In one battle the enemy troops where so freightenfd by Asarnil and his dragon that they throw away all of their weapons and fled.

Asarnil grow used to his new life as merceranry prince, but even now he is dreaming of returning to Ulthuan with the riches that he gathered.

Beorg Bearstruck and the Bearmen of Urslo

When Beorg, Son of Bran, snapped the necks of twinssons of Huern, Jarl of the Tribe of the Wolf, the Gods saw fit to bestow upon the Marauder their considerable favour. As Beorg threw himself against his enemies, his back arched and split, while his ribs cracked and turned in upon themselves inside his body and his face twisted into a feral, bestial muzzle. The gift of the Were was upon him this day hed become the Chosen of the Dark. He earned the name of the Bearstruck.

Archaon began to marshall against the southern heathens, Beorg was amongst the first to pledge himself under Archaon's banner. He cared little for the so-called 'civilised' world, and had long despised the weakness of the Empire, who dared to deny the Dark Powers. He his warriors had long since tired of easy conquests amongst the weaker northern tribes, and desired battle with more worthy of their caliber as warriors. At the Battle of the Monoliths, it was Beorg and his Ursfjordings who led the armies of Chaos against the forces of Archlector Mannfred of Nuln. The Sigmarites were horrified to see their foes twisted and writhing until they took on the mien of terrible bears twisted by the powers of Chaos. But amongst them, towering above them all was the great shape of Beorg himself, casting aside his foes with great swipes of his monstrous claws, tearing heads from necks and ripping arms from their sockets.

After the battle, Beorg had realized that the lands of the south had offered a greater opportunity for blood-letting than any of the battles of the North. His warriors slaughtered their way through the Empire, living by robbery and pillage. Eventually, Beorg and his warriors had made their way to the Border Princes. This was a time of great battles and much plundering, and in time, the fear and renown of Beorg the Bearstruck grew to gargantuan proportions. Every night, amidst the ruin of their foes, the Bearmen would drink and boast the way that only Northmen can, singing the sagas of their exploits and adventures. It was during one such instance of drunken revelry and bloody sacrifice that the Bearmen were beset by a horde of Orc raiders. Many were undone by the craven beasts' black arrows before Beorg strode forth and snapped the Orc chieftain's neck like a twig.

Trivia: Beorg is most likely inspired by Beorn from the Hobbit. Due to the fact that both characters can turn themselves in to bears.

Birdmen of Catrazza

"Tis simply my lord, I have a cunning plan!" said Daddallo, "First we buzz in low, hedgehopping for good measure. Then its "up and under" and in from the sun. Keep an eye out for Archie' of course. Corkscrew and puff out, trying not to prang. Then the wingies will strafe. My number two is in and out and we're away!"

—Daddallo, telling a confused Merchant Prince his ingenious plan

The Birdmen of Catrazza story start out in the Tilean city of Verezzo, where a person called Daddallo, who was a well knonw craftsman and willmill builder in the city, but during his free time he was a person who was obsessed with flying. This obsession soon took over his life, when he got his hands on some ost manuscripts of Leonardo da Miragliano, who invented the steamtank. He didnt know but these manuscripts where just forgeries.

His early attempts to fly had no successes, he mildly amused the citizens of Verezzo, by going on top of various towers and falling of of them. Fortuanatly for him, his version of "Miragliano`s" parachute worked.

On one such occasion, he fell into the the villa of the most powerfull families of Verezzo, who where called the Batta`s. Unfortunatly he fell in to same pool the where the mistress of house was taking a bath. Apart from this introusion he fell upon the captain of her bodyguard (who for some reason or other was also in the same bath), killing him outright.

He was imprisiond right away to keep him away from the citizens of Verezzo, but his cell didnt had bars due to fact that it wasso high in the tower he was prision, the he would die.

Daddallo constructed a pair of wings from the bed sheets and frames from the furniture and left Verezzo. In the following year he trained the best and thinnest marksman to form his mercanary warband the "Birdmen".

The Birdmen first action in war was the Battle of Motta Zorella and snatched victory by descending on the enemy general and carrying him off into captivity. Afterwards, Daddallo’s Birdmen were immediately hired by Alfeo Romeo of the city-state of Remas. Prince Alfeo was determined to rescue the beautiful Isabella Dellecta from the bent tower of Catrazza, where she had been imprisoned by her family until she agreed to an arranged marriage to Prince Grobbo, a very rich, ugly, and cruel Merchant Prince from the city of Miragliano. Daddallo’s Birdmen succeed in this dangerous task despite a number of marksmen guarding the tower. Henceforth, the regiment took the name ‘Birdmen of Catrazza’, and has been in much demand ever since.

Braganza's Besiegers

"INVINCIBILITY AT NO EXTRA COST!.....Braganza's Besiegers....Late of the service of the prince Borgio the Besiegers. Besiegers now seek the patronage of a noble Lord or famed adventurer.....They are Veterans of a THOUSAND BATTLES....Their EXPERIENCE in siege warfare is UNSURPASSED....Accept no Substitute!"

—Recruitment Poster of Braganza's Besiegers

Braganza's Besiegers are an elite group of heavily armored crossbowmen with large Pavise shields. They are expertise is siege warfare. They are were mostly employed by Borgio, the Besiger the prince of Miragliano. They struck a deal with princee Miraliano, that Borgio will provide reference and contracts for the mercenary company, in exchange of share of the loot and payment what Braganza and his Besiegers make. This rather not option to make, but to avoid terminal actions against them.

Soon they had a contract and took a ships for Tobaro where they took part in the siege of the pirate stronghold on the island of Cera-Scuro. During the siege they met some Dwarfs, who hired them to help retake a stronhold which was overrun by greenskins.

Braganza was well paid with jewels and gems, and begin to march back to Miragliano since they known no one double crosses Borgio and lives. They marched and fougth through the Badlands and Apuccinis Mountains during which they encountered and fough bandits, Orcs, Beastmen, Empire Robber Knights, Tilean outlaw bands, renegade Bretonnian commoners who had treacherously slain their lord, staving and extremely desperate Halflings, even more hungry and desperate Ogres, and even the notorious Red Company of Remas, whose Captains had a vendetta against Braganza and his men.

Arriving in Tilea they heard that Borgio was dead, and they seeked another lord to serve. The next person who they have pledged their lives where non other Lorenzo Lupo, the Prince of Luccini. Who tasked to besiged the pirate fortress at Sartoga.

Bronzino's Galloper Guns

Thier originate from the Tilean city of Remas. Their first employer was non other the Borgio, the Besiger. Thier cannons where mounted of the galleys of Remas and putted on special carriages to make it possible to deploy and move them as fast as possible on the battlefield.

The idea came from the leader of the company Brozino, the Master gunner, who was also employed by Borgio. Later the company had many more contracts and where forging their Galloper guns as they nicknamed them in the very same foundry, where Leonardo da Miragliano had worked.

The name of Galloper Guns camed, from the use of the lightweight cannons. As the battle comminced the regiment would deploy their guns in the front of the friendly troops and when the enemy was in unconfortably close distance Bronzino and his men would attach the guns to the carriage which would transport the cannons in to safety. Thier they would deploy again and start fireing until the enemy was too close again. The unit was essentially a skirmishing cannon unit, with hid and run tactics.

These tactics earned such a fame that a pirate dwarf treasurehunter Kurgan Halfbeard hired the company to assist him in campaign in a lustrian treasurehunting expadition. In which Bronzinos Galloping guns where a rear unit to pound the Sauros warriors with some good old grapeshot. Even when the expedition started board the longships Bronzinos galloping guns still kept fireing untill they reached safe waters.

After the Lustrian adventure, Brozinos company find himself in Araby, where the Sultan hired them agians the Tomb Kings. In the desert terrain their light weight cannons proved to once more succesfull and with much riches they embarked to Tilea once again to figth for the merchant Princes of the Old World.

Dark Emissary of Albion

A Dark Emissary is a former Truthsayer, a sorcerer from the isle of Albion, that uses a specific strand of Chaos magic, granted to them by their lord and master, the Daemon Prince Be'lakor. They traveled the Old World and lured power-hungry, greedy or evil armies to the mist-shrouded island, to help their Dark Master. Like the pure Truthsayers they are able to create and control the Fenbeasts of Albion.

After the defeat of the Dark Master the Dark Emissaries became targets of the revenge from the Truthsayers as well as from their former allies, who felt misused and betrayed by them. They fled the island of Albion and roam now the Warhammer world as Dogs of War, who sell their service to the highest bidder. They will fight for the Hordes of Chaos and the warherds of the Beastmen as well as for Dark Elves, Vampire Counts, Skaven or Greenskins and even may be hired by some unscrupulous mercenary general or Elector Count from one of the Imperial provinces. Most notable places where they dwell now are in the Chaos Wastes. Their symbol is a spiral form, a feared and potent sign of dark and Chaotic magic.

Fenn Beast

These elemental beasts can be summoned by Truthsayers and Dark Emissarys, they never exist without them neither without Oghams stones, althougth some sigthings them, by Witchhunters, in the marshes of the Empire suggest that Necromancer figured out a way to summon these creatures, since there are a fewOgham stones in the Old World, they are not similar with ones in Albion.

The creature it self is fearless and and feel no pain. They are made out of composed of the souls and bones of creatures that were drowned in the fens and swamps as well as of the mud, wet wood, and rotting plants of the swamp itself and form a roughtly humaniod shape.

They appereard only on Albion, but after the Dark Emissaries left the isle and Truthsayers followed them to hunt them down. Soon they have becommed a more frequent sightings in the Old World itself.

More will follow shortly!

Team Dwarfes
    Team Brettonnia
    Team Tomb Kings
    Team High Elf
    Team Averland

Leitdorf for Emperor!

edited September 2016
    I have run out available characters to provide a proper outro. I am a bit delayed with the regiments due the fact that I decided to give them a proper story arc when I am introducing them. There will more come soonish I just need to work on the last 20ish of them, which will not also include Regiments of Renown, but those Special characters that came with the Dogs of War faction!
    Team Dwarfes
    Team Brettonnia
    Team Tomb Kings
    Team High Elf
    Team Averland

Leitdorf for Emperor!

• Bel_IsarBel_Isar Posts: 653Registered Users
    Awesome work! keep it up =)
    edited September 2016

Truthsayer of Albion

Truthsayers are the special breed of Druids, native to Albion, that lead the tribes of human Barbarians and have some control over the Giants of Albion.

In opposition to the the degenerate humans on the misty island, they are able and skilled magic users that try to protect the artifacts of the Old Ones. Some times they utilise the Giants to move some of the large and heavy Ogham Stones following their visions of fulfilling the Great Plan of the Old Ones.

When the Daemon Prince Be'lakor started to materialise in the Citadel of Lead on the island of Albion in his incarnation as the Dark Master, he corrupted some of the Truthsayers to help him. Those corrupt individuals became his Dark Emissaries‎. They tried to weaken the power in the Stone circles and Ogham Stones, that bound the Winds of Magic and kept Chaos at bay, to help Be'lakor to get a corporal form again. They travelled to the Old World to look for evil, unscrupulous, or at least greedy individuals that would help their Dark Master. The uncorrupted Truthsayers also travelled around the Old World, looking for brave and trustworthy allies to stop their fallen brethren and Be'lakor. Fleets of adventurers and conquerors of all races set sail to the shores of Albion, while the mist and swirling fog around the island vanished, and the events of the Shadows over Albion took place.

Truthsayers as well as Dark Emissaries used their unique magical power, to summon Fen Beasts from the swamps and Fens to do their bidding and help their allies. - At least the Truthsayers and the Forces of Order won. The armies of evil attacked the Dark Emissaries as well as each other. In fact, the most of them believed that they had been cheated. The Dark Master was forced to flee from Albion, while the mist around the islands was rebuilt by the Slann.

Truthsayers are strange people, red haired, muscular individuals with spiralling blue tattoos and their mystical rods of command, inscribed with ogham signs. Their symbol of power is the Triskele and they use their complete own lore of Magic.

Giants of Albion

The foggy isle of Albion is a mythical place. People say that the Old ones put giants here to protect it. If this is the case or one fact it sure. They are giant living on this alonside of savage humans, who asked the giants helps via druids, who are able to to communicate with them. This is know for certain since their are some stone structure, that help measure the moving of the stars, moon and sun, that would be possible to build without the help of giants.

There is one particulalry strong giant called Bologs, who is quite dull even by giant standarts, and who has a twin brother called Cachtorr, who can understand the words of the druids there help Bologs what to do.

Albion was just a legend untill Courios Geasar, the first citizen of Remas found it and stepped on it with his inviceable army. First his army was afraid to step on the foreign land, but soon as Courios Geasar throw the paychest on island and followed it all, if his soldiers disembarked out of their galleons.

Shortly after they encountered the savage tribes of Albion, along with the giant and their druid masters. Who shouting ununderstandable curses and cries. His men stopped and refused to take another step. Just in a minor seconds Courios Geasar thought out a course of actions, how can he avoid the humiliation of not bringing back any plounder back to Remas.

So he rode out in front of army towards the line of the Albion tribes. He stopped in half way between his men and natives and he shouted:

"Oh foolish barbarians! I offer you all the benefits of civilization: roads, hot baths, money, public buildings and Tilean poetry. Submit and all these things can be yours!"

The tribes just glowed at him. After some seconds he heard a single word echoing from every tribesman voice: " Bologs! Bologs! Bologs!"

Courios Geasar orderd his man to attack and after the one day fith in witch both parties where unable to come out victorious, the sides separated, everyone was exausted.

Courios Geasar trying to save his pride offered a deal to the saveges: "Give me Giants as hostages and I will go away."

The druids know that Tilean merchants are hounourable folk from thier owns. So they went in to the deal. Hengus the druid volunteered to go into captivity and choose 2 of the smaller giants to come along.

But then Courios Geasar interrupted and yelled: "I want the big ones!" and pointed to Cachtorr and Bologs, greatest of Giants. Despite some protest from the tribesman, the druids accepted. Cachtorr and Bologs where chained with anchorchains and boarded up to Geasars ships.

The return of Courios Geasar to Remas was spread fast in the city. So fast that the political rivals of him where able to get to the docks before Courios Geasar`s ships anchored in the dock. They where all waiting there and fanfaring him inorder let his his guard down. So at the very momment when he stepped on the shore they pull out their dagger and yell: "Geasar is dead, long live the republic!"

During this the soldiers of Courios Geasar ran where they could, but one of wanted to revange his former ruler and let the Giants of Albion loose on the city. Cachtorr and Bologs rempaged thorugh the city of Remas Hengus closely following them through and out of the city. After they escaped from city they went hiding in the woods.

Now they are lurking the countryside lost and confused. They rarely have contacts with the locals and when they do its only when a mercenary generals ask them to fight for them. Hengus only accepts these offers, because he
    hopes that once they will be able to return to Albion.

Gotrex and Felix

Now since these have quite bit of due to the very popular book series that they have. I wont even try to do them justice. Its just to much, I would be able to write about these two guys as much as I wirte about all the other Dogs of War formations.

To sum it up: Gotrek Gurnisson is dwarf slayer, who didnt fullfill his slayer oath even after looking for it for about 80 years. This means he is the best or worst slayer ( pick your choice as you wish ) in the whole Warhammer universe.
    Felix Jaeger is human poet, who comes from Altdorf after Gotrek saved him. He pledged his life to write down Gotreks adventures in search for a worhty death after a drunk conversation.

I can recommend Arch Warhammers video on them ( althougth at one point there are some strong words in it, beaware! ):

But as he does it I will do it too buy the Gotrex and Felix Omnibuses, if you like some good old Sword and Sorcery action!

Johan and Wilhelm

Johann is a brutal witch hunter who wields a magical stake, among other things, and is accompanied by Wilhelm, a slightly unhinged but devout Priest of Sigmar. Wilhelm has a staff topped with one of Sigmar's holy relics and carries the great book "Hammer of the Witches"

Leopold's Leopard Company

"Stiffen the Sinews, summon the blood, disguise fair nature with hard - favoured rage and imitate the actions of the Leopard!"

—Battlecry of the Leopard Legion

Leopolds Leopard company originates from Luccini, the city the found by Lucan and Luccina. A pair of twins, who according to the legend got lost and wondered into to a cave, which later become the Akropolis of Luccini, and found a leopard, who had two heads and three tails. One of the leopards had was always telling prophecies and the other warnings. This leopard protected the twins for several years, untill some shephards found the twins. It is said that upon arrival of the shep hearders there where numerous skeletons of different creatures lying at the entrance of the cave. It is said in the myth, that the leopard prophesied that Lucan and Luccina would found a great city on the rock and rule it as king and queen.

But the other head warned that the descendants of the twins would fight each other for the realm for all eternity. When he finished is the warning the leopard whent down deeper into the cave and has been never seen again.

Lucan and Luccina built a temple upon the cave that sheltered them for these and soon the city of Luccini was born. The temple was guarded by the Leopard comapny, that protected the temple as fierce as the leopards they **** as a symbol.

Unfortunatly by coincidence or by the truth of the prohecy the fight broke out between those who claimed themself the descandents of Lucan and Luccini and it was olny ended by the fact that Lorenzo Lupo grasped power claiming to be descent from both lines and unsuprisingly anyone who said else was either falling dead or fled the city.

The priest of Lucan and Luccini on the other supported another person to be ruler namely Leopoldno the leader of the Leopard comapny, who claimed to be the descandent of Lucan. This lead to civil war eventually and the Leopard Company hold the Akropolis for many days against Lorenzos troops. The civil war and the unrest amongst the citizens only lasted till the priest reconsulatetd with the Oracle of Luccinna, where they recieved that the true leader of Luccini is Lorenzo Lupo - althought it needs to be told that the message was quite cryptik.

After the the priest decided to disband the Leopards Company, who took this as seriuos offence since they enjoyed fine wine, cloths and a great prestige with their position. Due to this the regiment decided that they broke in to the temple grabbed the gold that they have been owed and throw the priest of the cliff to their death.

Past this accident the Leopard Company hold out in bloody fight for several weeks agianst the force of Lorenzo Lupo. Until he decided that he wants to end the bloodshed, due to the instability that the siege costed in the city. He promised Leopold and the Leopard Company, if they leave the city of Luccini and nver come back they can live.

The Leopard company agreed to this and marched out of city. As they left the city, some of the men were afraid that they had offended the gods by their desecration and were anxious to leave the acropolis before divine vengeance struck them down, possibly in the form of a rampant two-headed Leopard.

They marched out Tilea and gived thier services to many princes along the way. But campaign after campaign battle after battle the Leopard Company was struck down and beaten many times. Many soldiers thought that this is the wrath of the Leopard, who they swore to protect, whose temple they had pillaged and desecrated. Leopold anxious to keep the comapny together called a meeting on the stricken battlefield of Terramorta and said they most win the favor of the leopard god back. They putted together what they looted from the temple and poured a portoin of the loot they have gianed and they have sent it back to the temple to Luccini. In that the leopard will show mercy on his former loyal guardians. The next battle was completly different. Leopold Leopard company has won dispite the odds against him and took the Leopards share of the loot. It is here where Leopold earned the "di Luccini", "the fortunate" name, and ever since then the Leopard company has been one the most succesfull mercenary Companys in Tilea. Winning battle after battle, but always remembering to send a share to the Leopards temple in Luccini

Long Drong's Slayer Pirates

Long Drong and his pirate slayers begun their carrier as seafarers in Barak Varr. Long Drong, he was rather tall dwarf, himself worked his way up from cabin boy to the captain of "Barrel of Ale", which unsuprisingly was a merchant ship distributing dwarfen ale across the Old World.

On one these these ship he was transporting a rare dwarf ale, when a terrible storm broke out at south of Sartosa. THe cargo was lost and in shame Long Dron and the serviving crew decided to take the Slayers oath.

So being forced to seek a worthy death the first thing Long Drong did is traveled inland and sack the stronghold of the dreaded pirate Capitano Sisicco, ant take his treasure and ships. After seizing the stronghold and they captured the ships of the pirates and Long Drong with the help of dwarven engineers refurbished his vessel to one that a Dwarf could be proud not sparing the steel that it was needed to do it.

They named it the "The Fair Fregar" after a beatiful dwarfen maiden in Barak Varr. The ships figurehead, which was casted in bronze was sculpted by the crew itself, although the whole crew has never met a dwarfen female before.

After Long Drong decided to bring paychest for mercenary generals, because paychest in Tilea are treated like Standarts in the Empire, if they are lost the generals reputation and hounour is lost aswell. This was a quite lucrative and dangerous thing to do for Long Drong and his slayer pirate, though on some occasions the paychest that they recovered was not the genuie one that they needed to recover.

Long Drong fought many battles alongside the mercenary generals of Tilea inorder to seek out the enemys paychest, but yet he didnt met his doom!

Malakai Makaisson's Goblin hewer

Malakai Makaisson was a master engineer of the dwarfen Engineer's Guild. He was the mastermind behind the creation of a Dwarven Iron Clad steam ship, named Unsinkable that tragically sank on its maiden voyage, taking most of it's crew members with it. After that, an Airship he invented named the Undestructible, exploded on its first flight, killing its courageous Dwarven crew. After this final disaster, Malakai was thrown out of the engineer's guild. Such was his dishonour that Malakai shaved his hair into a mohawk and took the Slayer Oath. Although now a Slayer, Malakai Makaisson didn't stop inventing, and in 2499 IC he created a new Airship, the Spirit of Grugni, which played a mayor role in one of the Gotrex and Felix novels.

Later Malakai Makaisson constructed the Goblin-hewer, an axe-throwing machinery of destruction. With that new invention he became a Mercenary, that worked exclusively for Dwarfs, the Empire and Dogs of War Armies.

Lumpin Croop's Fighting Cocks

"Incredible! We stood quietly robbing carts while two armies were engaged in a scrapping, happily, a child's play, when we came face to face with a bunch of halflings walking away from the scene of hostilities. Easy prey we thought. This was my first mistake..."

—Ricco, the leader of a band of robbers captured at the Battle of Dunroamin

In the Warhammer world Halflings are generally thought of as peaceful, well meaning, honest and sociable people, slow to anger and distainful of violence. But every once in a while there are some rotten apples. This is Lumpin Croop and his Fightings Cocks.

Lumpin Croopwas born in the northern Moot, in a backwater village, his mother was the blacksmith's daughter and his father an itinerant carrot salesman, although he never saw, because he chocked to death on a horseshoe before he was born. He initially ended up at his mother parents, who despised him, because of his father. His mother suffered from this disaproval and soon begin to drink. In these kind conditions Lumpin leaved the house as fastes he could take care of himself.

He became a poacher and a thief. A mayor nuisance to the gamekeepers of the region. One day Lumpin visited the Old Pig and bucket tavern, which was a bit shaddy business in the beatiful village of Beggar`s End. The inn's landlord, Raggo Barrelgut, had been an eager buyer of poached rabbits in the past. On this occasion, however, rabbit pie was noticeably absent from the menu. Instead, it full of angry gamekeepers led by the notoriously crazed Ned Hamfist. Raggo was push to the back of the and Lumpin was cornered, by the gamekeepers.

So to be escape the beating that was waiting for him, he decide to start a story of adventures and treausures excusive banquettes and food, which all folded in to really complicated story. The gamekeepers along with Ned Hamfist, where so excited about this they Tale of Tilea and they put their vengence asside to join Lumpin in song of exploration. THey have joined Lumpin on this adventures and decided that they should name themself Lumpin Crooks Figthings Cocks, after the musical they have just performed.

Needless to say Lumpin wasnt so enthusiastic about this and tried to get away from, but due to the gamekeeper own superb tracking abilities they always found him. Of course Lumpin always framed this escape attemps as mere "training exercises". So he decide to go in a opposite direction, but his followers soon pointed him out the Tilea is in the other direction. Lumpin being Lumpin was very proud of his comrades and said this was just an "initiative test".

The truth is that the Fighting Cocks are really rather good. All of the "training exercises" and "initiative tests" have honed their natural skills to a point where they are expert trackers and woodsmen. Their marksmanship is, as you would expect, second to none. Their woodsman's clothing and pelt-caps adorned with feathers are memorable to say the least.

Initially the regiment was getting so good at his job that they would need to search for contracts, the contracts where comming for them. Since they have prooved that fearless figthers on the battles. This specially show out on one occasion when the force that was hiring Lumpin and his almost got encircled, but at the same Lumpin was trying pull his men out of the fight to safety. It just happens that they where able to ambush the encircling force thus helping the battle to be won.

With his new found success Lumpin doesnt try to escape from his men, rather stay awake till the middle of the night to ensure that he and his man can well trained to survive the next battle they face!

Marksmen of Miragliano

As their name suggests these Marksmen are from Miragliano. They freqvently return to the city to replenish their ranks and renew family ties. Armed with crossbows their are the fines marksmen in the Old World.

Their initiave test is rather remarkable. The recruits must shoot through a the head of a gold dukat, which is 300 paces from them. If they pass they are further trainning waiting for them. The regiment was employed by the Empire, several dwarfen Holds, Kislev and on some occasion even High Elfs.

They are a very colorful lot when it comes to their uniforms, but one pieces of decoration is same on every one of their hats: a pierced Dukat, which is the very same they needed to shot as recruits.

More to come soon!

Team Dwarfes
    Team Brettonnia
    Team Tomb Kings
    Team High Elf
    Team Averland

Leitdorf for Emperor!

• DwarfMasterRaceDwarfMasterRace Posts: 1,960Registered Users
    I want the slayer pirates and goblin hewer so badly. They would enable me to make a proper slayer army. :p
    edited October 2016

Oglah Khan's Wolfboyz

Far east of the Darkland beyond the Mountains of Mourn, reigns the Domion of the Hoblakahn, a nomad nation of hobgoblins. Through out the Warhammer their are just referred as the Great Horde, which is loose confideration of hobgoblin tribes leaded by the Great Khan.

Oglah khans is of leders of said tribes, who one marched to war by side of the Great Khan agianst the jewel of of the East Cathay. Oglah and his six hundred wolf riders where part of a contingent that when forward the Great Khan horde.

At Xen-Tu they have comed across a detachment of the cathayan army and fougth. The leader of hobgoblin contingent was slain an many hobgoblins started to flee. Oglah khan decided that he will switch sides and chase the hobgoblins. But later on the Great Khans horde has arrived and crushed the cathayan detachment, seeing this Oglah khan decided to flee with his men.

Using the Silk road they fled beyond the mountain of Mourn and ended up in the Darkland, where the Black Orc warboss Gordug Smasher hired him to help him invade Tilea. When it came to the first fight thou Oglah khan switched sides and help defeat the the Black orc Warlord.

Oglah khan lost many of original six hundred warrior, but prooved himself that he has the best skirmishing wolfriders in the known world. When a general hires them he needs to worry about just one thing, will they stay loyal to him.

Pirazzo's Lost Legion

"And as the Skinks sank back into the Swamps in defeat, Lord Xtloli instructed his temple Guards to attack once more....This time a cloud of shards from the plunderer's machines slung our warriors like clouds of enraged hornets and they too were forced to retreat."

—Skink Scribe Manquixipolata on the Battle against Pirazzo's Lost Legion

Pirazzo's Lost Legion is one those regiments that when to Lustria made their fortune and where lucky enought to comeback alive. This is due the fact that their commander Captain Fernado Pirazzo, likes to think ahead. When he embarked to Lustria, he choosed to equiped his soldiers with pike and crossbows. Two very traditional tilean weapons.

He embarked with 3 regiments and 3 captains, he being one of them from Tilea to the Lustria. When reached the Lustrian shores, the 2 of the captains out voted Pirazzo and decided to embark, where they Pirazzo was against it and once they have embarked with all 3 regiments, the sailor who where also merceneries sailed away along with the paychest. The soldiers soon realised that Pirazzo is their best option to survival and casted the other two captains in a swamp.

After that Pirazzo told his men that it would be wise, if all of them could use the crossbows and pikes, since that way their chances of survival in the jungle would increase. Weeks later, when the training was over at the shore they decided to head in deeper to the jungle. Where they had found a Lizardmen ruin. Aware of an Ambush the Lost Legion entered the city, but first they didnt find anything just jewels and gold. In makeshift crate they have loaded up the gold, when the Lizardman launched an attack.

Skins where falling by the dosens, to crossbow fire and the Sauros warrior where repelled by the pike formations. Just before the Lost Legion run out of fatugie, the Slaan Mage has called of the attack. The Slaan was thinking a more cunning way to remove Pirazzo and his men. In the same time Pirazzo had a strange thought he might serve the Lizardmen as mercenary so he can get away atleast with some treasure.

After that Pirazzo ordered his men to put the loot and retreat to the Plaza. They waited till next day what will happend. When the sun came up they where shocked not only that all the treasure where returned to them, but food and water was also put next to it. Althought they where cornered by the Sauros from three sides, but there was still one road that was leading out the the city. Pirazzo decided that they will take this offer and along the road that they where given they have found even more supplies. They marched for weeks south in this fashion and never encountered another Lizardmen city or any other settlement until they the landscape changed.

Soon they where marching on blighted marches and where attack by zombies of the Vampire Coast. At this point it was clear the Slaan wanted the Lost Legion to take care of this problem. THey have defeated the all the Undead, the march up on them on thier way to the coastline where they found some shipwreck they choosed the most seeaworthy ones and repaired them.

When they arrived back on the side of the World they come from they landed in Araby, where they sheik seeing this battle hardened regiment decided it better to hire them then fight against them. They fought through Araby and Sartosa, just to arrive back in Tilea where they started their mercenary lives once again.

Trivia: Fernado Pirazzo was named after the infamous spanish conqistador: Francisco Pizarro González

Ricco's Republican Guard

I wanted to write more about them at the moment, I can only find this much on them:

A group of very well equipped heavy pikemen led by Roughneck Ricco. They are adorned with silk scarves and gold.

Trivia : Their name is a reference to Rico's Roughnecks from Robert A. Heinlein's Starship Troopers.

The Alcatani fellowship

The Alcatani fellowship is rather strange mercenary comapny in Tilea. Not in fighting style or weaponry, they use the trusty pikes to defeat their foes, but rather the way they look at the world. Their leader Rodrigo Delmonte was a former landonwer, farmer. Who house and graneries was burned down in one of the thousend wars of Tilea. With nothing left in his hands just his workforce and his favourite mule, he decided to to become a soldier of fortune. He sold his mule and bought some second hand armor and pikes, and with the some hammer blows and the help of a steaming kettle they prepared themself for war.

His first contract wasnt as glorious as he expected he escorted shipment of dung to a rhubarb farmer outside Remas. But soon the fellowship earned something what is worth more then for a mercenary, they earned the reputation being realiable. This lead that merchants often called upon them to help escort wares. This is niche market that the Alcatani fellowship excelled since the competition where more expensive for a single merchant.

Their are a rather modest soldiers, which was prooved during their first battle:

It all begin when the villagers of Buccolia, where terrorized, by some local Orcs, they have pooled all their savings to hire mercenaries to help them, but sadly no one was willing to work for seven ducats, three farthings, and a goat. Even the money lenders refused to deal with them. When Rodrigo Delmonte heard of their plight, he became angered and indignant. The villagers' story was a familiar tale of honest hard-working folk unable to find justice in the war-torn lands of Tilea, just for lack of social and financial status. He decided to helped the village.

They marched a whole day lond and reached the village dead on the night when the Orcs where arrived. Tired and hungry the Alcatani Fellowship prepared for the fight, the orcs where suprised by the opportunity of a proper fight and lauched the attack. After a shor while thou they where either lying dead or fleeing. Rodrigo and his men only asked for the thanks of the villages nothing else.

Since then they fougth many battle for rich generals and princes, but they always have time to help the common folk aswell.

The Cursed Company of Richter Krueger

Richter Krueger tale is dark legend amongst the Dogs of War. Himself was a very talend proud mercenary captain, who would fight for anyone, if they pay the right price. Centuries ago he fought for a Necromancer who was fighting the Imperial town of Wolfenburg. The battle between the two forces pull high prices on the town, but slowly but surely they where gaining ground. To speed things up an agent of the Empire paid Richter Krueger to switch side. He accepted it. With the final battle in action between the two parties Richter Krueger sneaked up on the Necromancer and thrusted his sword through him. The necromancer thou casted a last spell before he died on Krueger and cursed him. Soon Krueger flesh withered and soon he collapsed as pile of bones. The battle was won and the Kruegers betrayal may have been forgotten aswell.

The very next night, Richter rose from the ground. He stared at the world with his hollow eyes, and all he surveyed appeared in shades of gray. In anguish and despair, Richter saw his own skeletal limbs, and the full horror of the Necromancer's incantation began to dawn on him.

As a result he begun to stalk the Old World and after hundreds, of years he still seeking is final death, because due to the necromancers incantaion he rises once he was slain. Those enemys who fell by his blade will imidiatly tied to his willpower and serve him in the after. Richter Krueger only feels some peace in the endless bloodshed, which is a parody of his former mercenary carrier. He will still fight for anyone just not for the undead.

Tichi-Huichi's Raiders

"By Grungni! Great value for money these lizards. They fight for only a couple of mere strips of gold!"

—Dwarf Lord Borik, on hiring Tichi-Huichi's Raiders

Tichi-Huichi was the last surviving Skink of the Temple city of Enxilada, which was killed of by a mysterious plauge. His duties where to look after th city and the sacred spawning pools, which where not spawning for a long time.

One they he noticed that some skinks had spawned from the pools, he felt priviliged to greet them. He watched over them and he relised that these are the greater crested kind of Skinks, the ones that can ride Cold ones. This thought reminded him of the deeper caverns of the temple city. He went down and saw that a symbiotic spawning has occured. He saw tiny Horned Ones, a rare variant of Cold ones, who bared similar markings like the skinks. In his mind he knew this is work of the Old ones.

Over the years he teached the Skinks everything he knew and helped to tame and ride the Cold Ones, who matured. At this the the Slann Mage-priest in faraway Zlatlan where focusing on the dead city. Profound thoughts were evoked within the alert mind of Tichi-Huichi. Now his purpose became clear. He needs to lead the Skinks and the Cold Ones. It was the season of monsoon, and in the foetid, steamy nights that followed, Tichi-Huichi was troubled by dreams. He perceived far away places, populated by strange races and creatures. In their midst he became aware of the presence of great treasures -- potent talismans of the Old Ones, things which had been looted from Enxilada and other places, sacred artifacts which the Old Ones desired him to bring back.

Driven by his instincts Tichi-Huichi and his highly trained Cold one warriors crossed the seas and met an Arabian nomad tribe. The sheikh of the tribe knew the fierce nature of the Lizardman and offered a pile of gold for them as a sign of peace. Tichi-Huichi just glampsed at it, but saw an ancient talisman, which was present in his dreams in the neck of the sheikh he pointed at it and the arabian gived it to him. Tichi-Huichi and his riders joined up with the Arabian, who where going into Nehekhara for some treasure.

The Tombs where pillaged by the arabians and taken from the dead, but they didnt had to wait long for the wrath of the Tomb Kings to rise. The very next day the armies of Khemri raised by the Liche Priests killed every single one of the Arabians and where fighting a standstill with Tichi-Huichi Cold One riders. In a unexpected turn of evenet the Liche Priest has gone to the skinks warriors with bundle of rags and unwrapped a sacred plaque which was present in Tichi-Huichis dream. From that day the skinks where helping the Tomb Kings to get back their treasures from the Dwarfs.

One day Tichi-Huichi has managed to corner some dwarfs, who where going to make their last stand. Just before the last charge of the Cold one riders, Tichi-Huichi saw something shinning in one of the dwarfs bags. With a well placed dart shot he unfolded the backpack and saw the statue of the monkey god. As the Dwarf struggled to gather up his ill-gotten loot, his lord's hefty, hob-nailed boot imprinted itself upon his round behind: "Leave it, Grongi!" he snarled "It's our only chance, lad!". The dwarfs made it out intact, but they where shadowed close by Tichi-Huichi and the Cold one riders.

The dwarf lord of Barak Varr offered chests full of gems and gold to fight for him, but Tichi-Huichionly requested 3 golden plaques for his servitude. The regiment of Cold One riders fought the Orcs and Goblins alonside of his new dwarf allies until a Goblin Chieftain who was convinced by his Gork or Mork to hire them into his service. They fought battles and regained many more lost relics over the coming years.

With every change of fortune, a sacred artifact appeared. Though the masters he served might flee or be wiped out utterly, strangely enough, Tichi-Huichi's Raiders were still alive after every gruelling battlefield. Mysteriously, their foes would seem to always see the wisdom of hiring them, and the futility of a fight in which the Skinks would slaughter many before dying themselves. Without knowing a single word of Mannish, Orcish, Dwarfish or Elvish tongue, a deal was always struck and the Raiders have always found employment again and again.

Final 3 Dogs of War Regiment will be here soon!

Team Dwarfes
    Team Brettonnia
    Team Tomb Kings
    Team High Elf
    Team Averland

Leitdorf for Emperor!

• jamreal18jamreal18 Senior Member Posts: 8,624Registered Users
    edited October 2016
    These are the RoR that I want rather than recoloured existing units...

Thanks herjan!
  • PhiloslothicalPhiloslothical Posts: 859Registered Users
    Great work ! (Oglah khan picture is broken) :)
    Praise the sun ! \[T]/
    edited October 2016
    jamreal18 said:

These are the RoR that I want rather than recoloured existing units...

Thanks herjan!

3 more regiments left from the Dogs of War series, plus the Characters. I will try to put those 3 up them up in upcomming 4 hours, and Characters at some point next week.

I will also post a strawpoll, what you guys want to read up one next.

I have ideas about Regiments of Renown from the Uniform and Heraldry series, featuring Empire, Skaven and High Elf units. Or, if you guys want can a bit into other part of the Warhammer lore. Like the Kings of the Dwarfen holds, Elector Counts of the Empire. Or something that you guys would suggest.

Great work ! (Oglah khan picture is broken) :)

I guessed it.

Damn it posted the work in progress. Oh well people enjoy them. 2 regiments to go.
    Team Dwarfes
    Team Brettonnia
    Team Tomb Kings
    Team High Elf
    Team Averland

Leitdorf for Emperor!

edited October 2016

Anaconda Amazons

Very little is known about these strange warrior women from far across the Great Western Ocean.

According to Norse saga they originate from the colony of Skeggi founded by Losteriksson long ago on the eastern coast of Lustria. When large numbers of warriors deserted Losteriksson’s settlement because they were impatient to go and find gold, they left their wives behind. When they did not return, these and many other Norse maidens who had come to Skeggi hoping to find a brave and wealthy warrior as a husband were bitterly disappointed. Furthermore, the number of warriors defending Skeggi was badly depleted.
    These resolute Norse women became Valkyries, by which name the dreaded Norse women warriors are known. Unfortunately, women warriors are not accepted by Norse warrior society which holds that ‘axe wielding in battle is man’s work and not for women!’ After helping to beat off the foe, the Norse women warriors were in no mood to put away their weapons and go back to weaving breeches for the menfolk. The Valkyries were forced to leave Skeggi. They were given a longship and sailed far along the coast and up the estuary of a great river.

The Valkyries finally settled in a swampy island in the middle of the river, surrounded on all sides by impenetrable jungle. The island contained the deserted ruins of Lizardmen temples, and this place became the Valkyries’ stronghold. Many years later these same warriors were encountered by Elf and Dwarf adventurers who had sailed up the river and attacked the settlement thinking it to be a Lizardman city. They were beaten off and fled, bringing back tales of strange warrior women worshipping Lizardmen gods. They called them the ‘Amazons’ after the name of the river. The island they called ‘Heart of Darkness’ because of the denseness of the surrounding jungle. Needless to say, the Amazons now bear scant resemblance to proper Norse Valkyries, having adopted the trappings of the Lizardman culture which they found in the ruins.

Furthermore, the fact that they are still there and their numbers have never been replenished and are never likely to be, lends credibility to the rumour that they have discovered a strange tropical drug which gives them everlasting youth and longevity. This rumour alone has attracted many would-be raiders to their stronghold, for such a potion would be more valuable than gold. The Amazons have never taken sides with theLizardmen, nor have the Lizardmen ever sought their help. They remain invaders as far as the Lizardmen are concerned. The Amazons therefore are alone and never fight for anyone except themselves. In recent years, more and more invaders have assailed the once hidden, exotic homeland of the Amazons.

Raiders have pillaged the arcane Amazons riches of the Amazon temples and enslaved much of the population, carrying them off across the sea to the courts and bazaars of the Old World.

Some of them managed to escape from their "masters", now they roam the Old World inorder to get the funds to go back to Lustria and their stronghold.

Final two regiments are in progress, vote and on the comming strawpoll

Team Dwarfes
    Team Brettonnia
    Team Tomb Kings
    Team High Elf
    Team Averland

Leitdorf for Emperor!

edited November 2016
    Vespero's Vendetta

"A poisoned knife between the ribs is the sort of gift that most mercenary generals wish on their foes, but few would relish themselves. This keeps assassins like Vespero in constant employment, if only to make sure they're not working for the other side!"

—A brief summarization of Vespero's abundant employments

Vesperos the leader of a band of mercenery duelists, was born in Luccini, where he was the younger son of wealthy merchant, but he was exiled from the city, because of the qualler with the rival family, over the hand of noble lady. He moved to Verezzo, where he joined a local mercenary bodyguard.

But his romantic adventure drove into trouble again, he duelled and killed so many of the noble youth of the city that the their families pooled a millions ducats for the person who bringed Vesperos head to them. He barely escaped with his men figthing his way through the streets with the rival dualiast bands. Once they managed to escape the city they where ready to pledge their service to the highest bidder.

Recently Vespero was sighted in Mirigliano, where he met Borgio the Besiger. What happened there you will know when cover Borgio.

Voland's Venators

"It's not just losing, its losing to them! They're barely even proper soldiers. No discipline, no uniform, and the worst breath you've ever smelt on anyone that wasn't an Ogre. So why do they fight like personal guards of the Emperor?"

—Count Emmerschein von Mirrenburg

"We are Voland's Venators....The Drunken Calvary!....We cannot march, we cannot fight.....What wretched kights are we!.....But when we see the enemy.....Our heads are very clear....We Charge straight for their baggage camp.....and liberate their gears!"

—One of the favourite drinking songs of Voland's Venators (the others are too rude to print)

They say that Voland Venerator are easily comparable to Reiksguard the most higly skilled veteran knights of the Empire, some even say that they exceed the the noble knights of Bretonnia. One thing is sure, these and of renegades, exiles, and disposed son's of nobles and lords are expert cavalrymen, and like everyone in the company, their leader is also a superb horsemen.

They say that Voland himself is disposed son of an Elector Count, some even say that he is the bastard son of the previous Emperor. Voland doesnt deny or acknowledged these rumors, but we know that he was once just a lone mercenary hero from the Empire. He rose to be the leader of a band of mercenary knights, who where called Veneratos, which means "Hunters" in low tilean. These knights are motives, all two of them, are quite straightforward: coin and spending it ( mostly on alcohol ).

The knights themself are always eager to learn, this is shown of their regular daily trainnings and since their background quite wide, bastard sons of Empire nobles, renegade knights of the Empire, occasianally one or two Knight Errant from Bretonnia, their is lot to practice and skills to accumulate.

To join the Volands Venerator the knight needs to abandon his titles, familly crescents and their name. He needs to also adopt a new name to obscure his origins.

Voland and his Venerators s accompanied on the march by a long baggage train of servants, grooms, and raucous camp followers piled on top of trundling wagons loading with cask of loot. Which they gained throught out the Old World from the Border Princes to Kislev.

On one particular occasion, their entered a jousting tournament in Bretonnia, after a bloody battle in Kislev, still covered in mud and blood. The bretonnian nobility was shocked by this uncivilised behaviour. Which was shortly deepend to hatred, when Voland managed to unhorse the Kings Champion, in rather drunk state, and score of the best knights in Bretonnia.

King Louen Leoncoeur was so angry that he banned Voland and his knights of the country and they could only return in chains. Despite the hatred by Bretonnia and the shunning of the Empire Knights, the Venators cared not a bit. They have fought many battles against worse foes, in place where nobler and more sober knight have never seen before.

These are the Dogs of War regiments where part of the 5th edition release and will begin to addthe named characters of the series.

Let me know guys, if you want see more. I will definatly make the Uniform and heraldry units, but after that it is your call!
    Team Dwarfes
    Team Brettonnia
    Team Tomb Kings
    Team High Elf
    Team Averland

Leitdorf for Emperor!

• TotalWarChakaxTotalWarChakax Posts: 601Registered Users
    I would realy love a hobgoblin only faction, but if they arent included i hope we at least can get oglah khan
  • CrajohCrajoh Member Posts: 1,607Registered Users
    Great thread. I've got nothing useful to say but really enjoyed reading through it. Also it's got pics and I read pics best. :)
    Live your life and try to do no harm.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." Evelyn Beatrice Hall
    So after the Dogs of War characters and Uniform and Heraldry regiments of Renown I still want to create some content for this thread. For that I had made a strawpoll so I can measure what would be interesting to you guys. So vote here on the strawpoll:

http://www.strawpoll.me/11392275
    Team Dwarfes
    Team Brettonnia
    Team Tomb Kings
    Team High Elf
    Team Averland

Leitdorf for Emperor!

• mw51630mw51630 Member Posts: 1,593Registered Users

So after the Dogs of War characters and Uniform and Heraldry regiments of Renown I still want to create some content for this thread. For that I had made a strawpoll so I can measure what would be interesting to you guys. So vote here on the strawpoll:

http://www.strawpoll.me/11392275

When your the only person tp vote elector counts... sigh.
    mw51630 said:

When your the only person tp vote elector counts... sigh.

I handle this list as a priority list. I would like to cover everything at one point, but those who are at the top will have some priority.
    Team Dwarfes
    Team Brettonnia
    Team Tomb Kings
    Team High Elf
    Team Averland

Leitdorf for Emperor!

• WalashWalash Posts: 340Registered Users
    CA's priority will be the units in the Mercenary army book of 5th edition (at least it would make more sense). But I think they will do the generic mercenary army first, then come up with the regiments of renown version of each unit like they did with the empire.
  • TumbleTumble Posts: 509Registered Users
    I'd settle for a comprehensive, balanced mod for these units until such a time as CA looks at it