Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Wood Elves - When?!

Comments

• NaiethNaieth Registered Users Posts: 231
    They've also never really been hounded to this degree about a DLC before. The leaks put them in a different situation- most people didn't see the Beastmen coming, and the Sigmar's Blood Regiments of Renown were a big surprise. But if the Wood Elves really are next like everyone thinks, what is the point of being coy?

If everyone has been screaming for Wood Elves for a month and they post a tree or some elvish script or a story about bretonnian peasants disappearing, there's not much to tease. "I wonder what this could be referencing?"

Support a third Legendary Lord for Wood Elves
  • GuerrilleroGuerrillero Senior Member EstaliaRegistered Users Posts: 543

grayhat said:

grayhat said:

The candidates for next races are very limited. The only races that fit the current map are Wood elves and Skavens, and Skavens don't share any new lore of magic with the Empire. Tomb Kings, Ogres kingdoms need an extension of the map, which I'm sure it will be a free content before the second game, probably during the first months of 2017. After that we can expect game 1 to be finished and either they will stop launching TW for a long period, they will go with a new historical title or they will launch game 2 on Summer 2017.

Doesn´t the Bretonians share a lore of Magic with the empire too? Maybe we get Bretonia with a new Hero and a new lore all together?

I think we a finished in the first month with game one and see game 2 in sommer 2017...

The two lores left are lore of life and lore of shadow. As far as I know, lore of life is used by both, Bretonnia and Wood elves, but none of them uses lore of shadow. Lore of shadow is used by Beastmen, Empire and Chaos (Chaos warriors, chaos deamons and chaos dwarfs).
    8e change lore of shadow is the second top pick for wood elves, and Drycha can only use shadow
    Then is very probable that Wood elves will come with shadow wizard for the empire and Bretonnia with jade (life magic) wizard
    possible but what DLC would go with that (considering it's three FLC combined)
    A lord pack for Greenskins and Dwarfs maybe with new units.
    Even if we don't know for sure, it makes sense that the LL pack GS/Dwarfs will be linked to Wurrzag FLC (and Grombrindal). Some says it would be a new type of DLC coming with Bretonnia FLC, but that's all speculation. :)

I do have the crazy hope it would be TBE DLC (or Tomb Kings) with Bretonnia FLC with errantry wars.
    So 2 DLCs at once? We know Grombrindal is a DLC by itself so I doubt they will sell 2 DLCs at the same time.
    grayhat said:

grayhat said:

grayhat said:

The candidates for next races are very limited. The only races that fit the current map are Wood elves and Skavens, and Skavens don't share any new lore of magic with the Empire. Tomb Kings, Ogres kingdoms need an extension of the map, which I'm sure it will be a free content before the second game, probably during the first months of 2017. After that we can expect game 1 to be finished and either they will stop launching TW for a long period, they will go with a new historical title or they will launch game 2 on Summer 2017.

Doesn´t the Bretonians share a lore of Magic with the empire too? Maybe we get Bretonia with a new Hero and a new lore all together?

I think we a finished in the first month with game one and see game 2 in sommer 2017...

The two lores left are lore of life and lore of shadow. As far as I know, lore of life is used by both, Bretonnia and Wood elves, but none of them uses lore of shadow. Lore of shadow is used by Beastmen, Empire and Chaos (Chaos warriors, chaos deamons and chaos dwarfs).
    8e change lore of shadow is the second top pick for wood elves, and Drycha can only use shadow
    Then is very probable that Wood elves will come with shadow wizard for the empire and Bretonnia with jade (life magic) wizard
    that would make 4 FLC at once(with the GS LL FLC) which seems a bit high for one cheep DLC.
    No, 1 FLC with 3 things. I think the Greenskin free LL will come with Grombrindal in November and Bretonnia + LL pack+ Life wizard in December. The fact that they put 4 features doesn't mean that there are 4 FLCs. Or was the amber wizard 2 FLCs?
    Malekith is the true Phoenix King and Wood elves can suck my Widow-maker

AZoReu8.png
  • zuendl86zuendl86 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 375
    Naieth said:

They've also never really been hounded to this degree about a DLC before. The leaks put them in a different situation- most people didn't see the Beastmen coming, and the Sigmar's Blood Regiments of Renown were a big surprise. But if the Wood Elves really are next like everyone thinks, what is the point of being coy?

If everyone has been screaming for Wood Elves for a month and they post a tree or some elvish script or a story about bretonnian peasants disappearing, there's not much to tease. "I wonder what this could be referencing?"

But not everyone who is playing TW is on this Forum ;)

So it would be a big surprise for most of the people
  • GRAY_HATGRAY_HAT Senior Member UKRegistered Users Posts: 5,394

grayhat said:

grayhat said:

Even if we don't know for sure, it makes sense that the LL pack GS/Dwarfs will be linked to Wurrzag FLC (and Grombrindal). Some says it would be a new type of DLC coming with Bretonnia FLC, but that's all speculation. :)

I do have the crazy hope it would be TBE DLC (or Tomb Kings) with Bretonnia FLC with errantry wars.
    So 2 DLCs at once? We know Grombrindal is a DLC by itself so I doubt they will sell 2 DLCs at the same time.
    grayhat said:

grayhat said:

grayhat said:

that would make 4 FLC at once(with the GS LL FLC) which seems a bit high for one cheep DLC.
    No, 1 FLC with 3 things. I think the Greenskin free LL will come with Grombrindal in November and Bretonnia + LL pack+ Life wizard in December. The fact that they put 4 features doesn't mean that there are 4 FLCs. Or was the amber wizard 2 FLCs?
    1) we don't know the release date or contents of any DLC/FLC Grombrindal is part of, only that it has a connection to WDs November issue.

2) having a huge combination DLC/FLC(including a lore, a hero, a race, 2 LL, >8 new units, 18 RoR) one release and just 2 LLs another seems unlikely to me.

3) yes it was 2 FLC

Team Wood Elves

boyfights loves wood elves.

"Heaven forbid that under the Vail of military training we should subject our young men to the lust of our general" - Hanno to the Carthaginian senate on the future of Hannibal.

"Guard mode is back in Warhammer :)" - Darren_CA

"It's amazing how many mistakes your enemy will make in haste after seeing that he's outgunned" -The Organ King
  • HeroofRome1HeroofRome1 Member Registered Users Posts: 1,616
    edited October 2016
    Nothing yet. Just got to be patient.
    Team Rome, Team Byzantium, Team Dwarfs, Team Empire, Team Bretonnia Team Grim, Team elf slayers, Team Belegar.
  • TheGhostOfProman16TheGhostOfProman16 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,749
    Now accepting passengers for the Thursday hype train!!
    Died during the great YOYO wars
    Proman_16 said:

Is my boarding pass still usable?

The last month we traveled in circles and i wount buy me a new ticket!
  • GRAY_HATGRAY_HAT Senior Member UKRegistered Users Posts: 5,394
    Proman_16 said:

can I pre-book for week Friday?
    Team Wood Elves

boyfights loves wood elves.

"Heaven forbid that under the Vail of military training we should subject our young men to the lust of our general" - Hanno to the Carthaginian senate on the future of Hannibal.

"Guard mode is back in Warhammer :)" - Darren_CA

"It's amazing how many mistakes your enemy will make in haste after seeing that he's outgunned" -The Organ King
  • TheGhostOfProman16TheGhostOfProman16 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,749
    We offer many deals on Blind Hype Railways and we promise we will finally reach our destination... Sooooon™
  • thebiglezthebiglez Registered Users Posts: 643
    Proman_16 said:

We offer many deals on Blind Hype Railways and we promise we will finally reach our destination... Sooooon™

we also dont really know what our destination is
  • thebiglezthebiglez Registered Users Posts: 643
    next stop dissapointment
  • Commissar_GCommissar_G Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 10,643
    edited October 2016
    The November issue of the White Dwarf magazine releases Nov 4 in my country (Australia). That's the issue with the total war: warhammer exclusive lord grombrindal.

Highly likely the next DLC/big patch is at a similar time.
    "As a sandbox game everyone, without exception, should be able to play the game exactly as they see fit and that means providing the maximum scope possible." - ~UNiOnJaCk~
    Those Treeman animations must of thrown CA for a loop and thus pushed back it's release.

I can also see the White Dwarf possibly being the next DLC as well especially if we hear nothing this week or next
  • NaiethNaieth Registered Users Posts: 231
    I agree that if we hear nothing by the end of next week, the White Dwarf/ Greenskin + Dwarf legendary lords pack seems like the most likely next DLC. But that wouldn't be until november, and it seems strange to have such a large gap in DLC releases while Warhammer is still relatively new and popular. Further DLCs have more legwork to do with less people still interested in the game, surely?
    Support a third Legendary Lord for Wood Elves
    Naieth said:

I agree that if we hear nothing by the end of next week, the White Dwarf/ Greenskin + Dwarf legendary lords pack seems like the most likely next DLC. But that wouldn't be until november, and it seems strange to have such a large gap in DLC releases while Warhammer is still relatively new and popular. Further DLCs have more legwork to do with less people still interested in the game, surely?

The White Dwarf is a magazine exclusive. It probably won't be purchasable outside buying the magazine physically.

No reason it can't come in the same patch we get Wood Elves.

Let's say hypothetically they're a month behind schedule for DLC's, we know they're at least 2 weeks(?) behind. So even though the White Dwarf was meant to come with the next GS/Dwarf lord pack in november it's coming with WE instead. Since the magazine needs to be printed and shipped months in advance.

It's probably not the situation they wanted, but they won't care either way as long as people buy the stuff.
    "As a sandbox game everyone, without exception, should be able to play the game exactly as they see fit and that means providing the maximum scope possible." - ~UNiOnJaCk~

Naieth said:

The White Dwarf is a magazine exclusive. It probably won't be purchasable outside buying the magazine physically.

Let's say hypothetically they're a month behind schedule for DLC's, we know they're at least 2 weeks(?) behind. So even though the White Dwarf was meant to come with the next GS/Dwarf lord pack in november it's coming with WE instead. Since the magazine needs to be printed and shipped months in advance.

It's probably not the situation they wanted, but they won't care either way as long as people buy the stuff.
    Why do we know they are behind??
  • PrometheusPrometheus Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 769

The November issue of the White Dwarf magazine releases Nov 4 in my country (Australia). That's the issue with the total war: warhammer exclusive lord grombrindal.

Highly likely the next DLC/big patch is at a similar time.

A lord only for magazine readers? Thats lame...

Naieth said:

They didn't edit the Knight of the Blazing sun reveal video and we saw the initial release date was the 25th August before it was pushed back to early September.

Naieth said:

They didn't edit the Knight of the Blazing sun reveal video and we saw the initial release date was the 25th August before it was pushed back to early September.
    Haha good spot ;)
  • SeanakkSeanakk Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 800
    edited October 2016

Make every faction the same? I am sure that the 80-90% players (SP) are going to love it!

No, seriously if CA want to do that, I am more than happy so long as they keep us SP guys well away from it.

that is an archaic vision of balance. it works when you only have 2-3 factions, but when you have 6 - 16 choices the factions definitly do not need to be able to have the same chances to win against each other.
    in this case entire factions are designed around countering the usual builds of other factions

Gotta love multiplayer bashing.
    Such mindset comes from people, who have been playing strategy games since childhood, but sucked at every single one of them. They've never tried multiplayer, never cared about meta, never dedicated time and effort to become a better player. They grew up and now they have IDEAS... They give developers ADVICES on balancing... They've learned fancy words like "asymmetric balance" and juxtaposed it with their own ridiculous definition.
    Your idea is that factions should not have equal chances of winning agianst each other? Your opinion is ignorant and cancerous. Stop spreading misinformation, that interferes with developers work. In terms of balancing CA are following good industry practise by listening to top players feedback and gathering multiplayer data. Balancing team made a couple of mistakes and questionable choices, but the general direction they are heading is right. They have a herculean task ahead of them, and your MP hatred circlejerk does not make it any easier. If you don't have any useful feedback, at least don't post an asinine one.

Chill out brah

Make every faction the same? I am sure that the 80-90% players (SP) are going to love it!

No, seriously if CA want to do that, I am more than happy so long as they keep us SP guys well away from it.

that is an archaic vision of balance. it works when you only have 2-3 factions, but when you have 6 - 16 choices the factions definitly do not need to be able to have the same chances to win against each other.
    in this case entire factions are designed around countering the usual builds of other factions

Gotta love multiplayer bashing.
    Such mindset comes from people, who have been playing strategy games since childhood, but sucked at every single one of them. They've never tried multiplayer, never cared about meta, never dedicated time and effort to become a better player. They grew up and now they have IDEAS... They give developers ADVICES on balancing... They've learned fancy words like "asymmetric balance" and juxtaposed it with their own ridiculous definition.
    Your idea is that factions should not have equal chances of winning agianst each other? Your opinion is ignorant and cancerous. Stop spreading misinformation, that interferes with developers work. In terms of balancing CA are following good industry practise by listening to top players feedback and gathering multiplayer data. Balancing team made a couple of mistakes and questionable choices, but the general direction they are heading is right. They have a herculean task ahead of them, and your MP hatred circlejerk does not make it any easier. If you don't have any useful feedback, at least don't post an asinine one.

In my opinion mp is very hard to balance in this game!

For example - wood elves shouldnt be a big army - skaven should be!

How is this possible to balance with a 20vs 20 army limit? With 20 units you only can increase the models per unit... for example 120 vs 60!
    But the problem here is, that you cant outflank a wood elves army by that... cause the wood elves always have the same number of units and can easily stop a flanking manouver...

The only thing in my opinion is, to change the 20 vs 20 army limit...

Human 20
    Elves 13
    Skaven 30

For example... what do you think?
    Skaven have to feel like a slashhammer that seems unsopable
  • herjan1987herjan1987 Registered Users Posts: 644

Skavens are too cowardly to be sledgehammer. If anything you feel like a sledgehammer, than it should be Chaos.
    Team Dwarfes
    Team Brettonnia
    Team Tomb Kings
    Team High Elf
    Team Averland

Leitdorf for Emperor!

Original Regiments of Renown and Dogs of War
    Make Marious Leitdorf a playable Legendary Lord
    Warhammer Fantasy Novels in Black Library
    edited October 2016

Skavens are too cowardly to be sledgehammer. If anything you feel like a sledgehammer, than it should be Chaos.
    You sre rigth...

Than skaven should feel like a unstopable wave?! Better?
    edited October 2016
    20 vs 20 works it's the unit sizes that need to be boosted like

green skins could use 160 orcs in their weaker boy units with a nerf to performance maybe 180 goblins

Skaven needs like 200 rats in most of their units but have weak stats

Elves can share the small unit sizes of the dwarfs around 80 men but be more elite

Humans should sport 100 to 120 men

Proman_16 said:

20 vs 20 works it's the unit sizes that need to be boosted like

green skins could use 160 orcs in their weaker boy units with a nerf to performance maybe 180 goblins

Skaven needs like 200 rats in most of their units but have weak stats

Elves can share the small unit sizes of the dwarfs around 80 men but be more elite

Humans should sport 100 to 120 men

But the problem is it doent care how big your unit is... you cant outnumber your enemy with the 20 vs 20 units...

When i fight 20vs30 THAN i have 10 units which arent fighting and I can flank into the enemy...
    20 vs 20 i cant...
    But with larger units one unit of skaven could potentially hold 2 or 3 units of dwarfs for a bit allowing more vicious rats to circle around
    When two units of elves are to far beyond you are unable to block two units with one...
  • PhiloslothicalPhiloslothical Registered Users Posts: 859
    Proman_16 said:

But with larger units one unit of skaven could potentially hold 2 or 3 units of dwarfs for a bit allowing more vicious rats to circle around

Exactly, put them in the longest formation you can and it would stop multiple units. Also skavens will obviously be faster than dwarfs for exemple, which will help for flanking.

Although the debate size of the stacks / size of the units is quite interesting.
    I think changing the 20 stack rule is a bad idea, it wouldn't allow the factions with smaller stacks to have enough adaptability to deal with ennemy armies and it wouldn't affect MP (not a MP player for now but you still have to think about it).
    That's why, in my opinion, the size of units may be the way to work this out and I agree with @Proman_16 .
    It sure is odd to face an army of dwarfs more numerous than your orc/human army if you ain't full stack.
    Praise the sun ! \[T]/
    When my enemy makes a very long row with skaven - i can do this with my elves too! So there is no advance for them - at least no numberous....