Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

FLC/DLC for DLC. [Updated Info 14/10/2016]

corvocorvo Junior MemberSpainPosts: 539Registered Users
edited February 2 in General Discussion
I've been thinking about this the last few days, because... I'm watching as everyone want to get into the game their favorite faction, which is normal. but, don't you think that if they put too many factions in the first game (Wood Elves, Skaven, ogres, chaos dwarfs, Kislev or whatever.), those factions are going to receive less attention, than those that have come with the original game?

for example the DLC "The grim and the grave",

Does this mean that new factions will have fewer units than factions that were in the vanilla game?. or conversely, it means that CA has any plan to bring the FLC/DLC to enhance experience with DLC factions.

Would not you rather your favorite faction come with the second part of the trilogy? for example... dark/high/wood elves for the second one.

your thoughts?

EDIT 24/9/2016:

so... the user @mw51630 has found new information! :)
mw51630 said:

Full Interview

"GT: Okay, so lets move on. In terms of the races, obviously you’re adding more and more via DLC. Are you looking to make changes/improvements to the ‘vanilla’ classes as you add in more DLC races?

K McD: I would say yes. Our ultimate goal, I don’t know if we’ll ever achieve it or not, but our ultimate goal would be to do all the units from Warhammer Fantasy. So that would include filling out all the remaining units. That’s not a promise though, that’s just something we would want to do and are aiming towards.

OCAG: It’s worth noting that, with every piece of DLC, we release more units for previous factions, often for free."

This is a half-confirmation that they plan to do more FLC for DLC, rather than DLC for DLC.

EDIT 14/10/2016

so FLC for DLC is confirmed,

New Chaos Units

Wurrzag Pack
This content pack also includes an update to the Chaos Warriors army roster in the shape of three new units:
  1. Feral Manticores,
  2. Marauder Horsemasters,
  3. Aspiring Champions.

New Beastmen units

Wood elves pack
This pack include a couple of units for the Beastmen roster
  1. - Morghur
  2. - Harpies
Team Warriors of Chaos

"Fear me mortals, for I am the Anointed, the favoured Son of Chaos, the Scourge of the World. The armies of the gods rally behind me, and it is by my will and by my sword that your weakling nations shall fall."

- Archaon the everchosen, Lord of the End Times
Post edited by corvo on

Comments

• ThanquolThanquol Senior Member SkavenblightPosts: 1,818Registered Users
    edited September 2016
    DLC for DLC can't help but think of the "Space Marine inside a Space Marine" debacle
    "Fear me for I am Grey Seer Thanqol, Greatest TWW player in all of Skavendom."

Team Skaven

Which team are you? Post in your signature

Team Empire Team Bretonnia Team Kislev Team Dwarf Team Chaos Dwarf Team High Elves
    Team Dark Elves
    Team Wood Elves Team Warriors of Chaos Team Daemons of Chaos
    Team Beastmen
    Team Vampire Counts Team Tomb Kings Team Orcs and Goblins
    Team Ogre Kingdoms
    Team Lizardmen Team Skaven

• corvocorvo Junior Member SpainPosts: 539Registered Users

DLC for DLC can't help but think of the "Space Marine inside a Space Marine" debacle

IMO the FLC for DLC isn't a bad idea, but i'm not entirely convinced.
    Team Warriors of Chaos

"Fear me mortals, for I am the Anointed, the favoured Son of Chaos, the Scourge of the World. The armies of the gods rally behind me, and it is by my will and by my sword that your weakling nations shall fall."

• VincentNZVincentNZ Posts: 391Registered Users
    Nah I think all the factions will roughly have the same amount of units eventually. For the possible Wood Elves DLC for example, I am pretty sure they will add another LL for the Beastmen as well as RoR for these two factions.

I think they will flesh out new races/factions now for the first game (Bretonnia/Woodelves) when they get added and the BeastmenDLC was a bit out of line. So I would not worry.
  • VhaegrantVhaegrant Member Posts: 168Registered Users
    My thoughts.

I think if a DLC sells astoundingly well you may see future additions for it.

I would hope that CA would look to spread the love across all factions equally.

I'm over the old school mindset of buying a complete game, I've even managed to wean myself off needing a physical copy (hey, I grew up in the 70-80's ;) ).

I look at TW:W as a game released over a period of time and would like to think all factions receive the same level of functionality irrespective of whether they are part of a core release or subsequent DLC/FLC.

And, as a return of investment to money spent: hours of entertainment out it's one of the best I've made.
  • Overlord87Overlord87 Posts: 240Registered Users
    Clearly the beastmen, and the Chaos Warriors, and any other DLC faction, need to have access to Regiments of Renown, just like Empire and VC do.

How will it be done? Well, for the beastmen, perhaps as FLC along the Wood Elves DLC. We get the wood elves, plus one new LL and 9 RoR for Beastmen. I think that's the most likely.

I wouldn't be against Lord packs for DLC races, though. But maybe that's just me.

(BTW, first post for me on this board. Hello everyone :wink: ).
    edited September 2016

(BTW, first post for me on this board. Hello everyone :wink: ).

Welcome! :smile:
    Team Warriors of Chaos

• jamreal18jamreal18 Senior Member Posts: 4,527Registered Users
    edited September 2016
    Guys, remember Daughter of Mars for Rome 2....

New units for Sparta, Scythia and Lusitani which are also part of dlc...
  • eomateomat Junior Member Posts: 23Registered Users
    I would like to see this game fully fleshed out. All elves, chaos dwarfs, skaven if possible. Also for the Empire, Kurt Helborg the Reiksmarshal and the Celestial Hurricanum now that they have made the War Altar of Sigmar. Just a small conversion needed on that. I always try to theme my armies.
  • thesniperdevilthesniperdevil Senior Member Posts: 1,581Registered Users
    So this time I won't derail the threat with Burger metaphors....

I am not too fussed about "DLC for DLC" or as I like to call it- "top up content"

As with any DLC, it's great because ultimately, the customer decides whether or not the value is justified for themselves.

If anything the main issues that arise from top up content is actualy for CA.

How do you release content for a DLC faction that applies to people who have not purchased that faction already? In tersm of business practice, DLC for DLC can never really be viable. FLC for DLC though, is viable, but should be avoided. If you know only 2% of your audience bought say the beastmen DLC, creating FLC to top up the beastmen is not financially viable, because it's content for only 2% of your games audience.
  • boyfightsboyfights Junior Member Posts: 1,599Registered Users
    CA please sell me new beastmen LL and then sell me costumes to dress them like pokemans
  • LangolierLangolier Junior Member Posts: 184Registered Users
    edited September 2016
    Dlc for dlc is not likely, first of all people gets upset and very vocal about it

Second is that is a bad buisness practice since you eliminate all potential customers that did not buy the "original" dlc for this new dlc.

The only way imo is flc if you want to add content to dlc.

My guess is that RoR units will only be for "main races" but hopefully we can get a new LL or unit as a flc for beastman for example
    "Furthermore i believe that Carthage must be destroyed" - Cato the Elder
    edited September 2016
    Langolier said:

Dlc for dlc is not likely, first of all people gets upset and very vocal about it

Yeah, people in steam are so **** off for "Beastmen DLC" yet. IMO the game doens't deserver that "mixed" valoration.

Post edited by corvo on
    Team Warriors of Chaos

• dwarfmasterracedwarfmasterrace Posts: 1,772Registered Users
    edited September 2016
    I think, we should get as much content as we can for the best price it is commercially viable to charge. Which in a game on the vast scale of TWW, will be a lot. In which case cutting the content up into multiple optional pieces is common sense because otherwise the consumer barrier from the price tag would be insane. I think people complaining about the amount of DLC and the cost of it are not thinking logically, they are not factoring in the economic hurdles for CA's developers.

In this game, DLC for DLC is acceptable. Normally it's cheesy but this is a reasonable exception. ;)
    jamreal18 said:

Guys, remember Daughter of Mars for Rome 2....

New units for Sparta, Scythia and Lusitani which are also part of dlc...

So that's DLC give more troops to DLC factions? i haven't, didn't knew it.
    Team Warriors of Chaos

• VlKlNGVlKlNG Junior Member Posts: 578Registered Users
    An excellent question, it would be great if CA were to respond to the OP question.

I really hope this isn't the case, some of my favourite faces are going to be DLC (chaos dwarfs, skaven, tomb kings) and if they receive a half baked roster I will be extremely dissapointed.

When we look back at beastmen it does bring some worrying questions.

Beastmen is one of the rosters that is the smallest, if CA were unwilling to complete the roster of a small faction then how will they deal with a faction with a large one.

The skaven have lots of units, and have several clans with different looks, how will they handle this?

The chaos dwarf army can use a lot of assets already in the game but also use a lot of war machines, if the jabberslyth is too expensive to make then which war machines are to expensive to make?

For me the next DLC will be extremely telling, how complete will the WE roster be? will they add more units to the beastmen? Or a new LL?

The next DLC will answer these questions, and that answer will help us to more accurately predict what may happen to the other races.

For me, personally, if by the end of the Trillogy and DLC cycle DLC races are not complete and finished by CA, I will stop buying CA products, this is their chance to reinstate my confidence or shatter it completely.
  • Ephraim_DaltonEphraim_Dalton Senior Member Posts: 6,653Registered Users
    Beastmen is one of the rosters that is the smallest, if CA were unwilling to complete the roster of a small faction then how will they deal with a faction with a large one.

They've already released major factions for you to see what kind of units they will include?
    VlKNG said:

The skaven have lots of units, and have several clans with different looks, how will they handle this?

i'm worried about skaven too :(
    VlKNG said:

The next DLC will answer these questions, and that answer will help us to more accurately predict what may happen to the other races.

i think the next DLC will probably a Dwarf/orcs LL pack.
    Team Warriors of Chaos

corvo said:

VlKNG said:

VlKNG said:

Well possibly, but there is also good reason to believe the next DLC is WE.
    VlKNG said:

corvo said:

VlKNG said:

VlKNG said:

i don't trust on thats filtrations because CA said that they DLCs plans are change now, but, will see... I'm not against the next DLC are wood elves.
    Team Warriors of Chaos

corvo said:

VlKNG said:

corvo said:

VlKNG said:

VlKNG said:

i don't trust on thats filtrations because CA said that they DLCs plans are change now, but, will see... I'm not against the next DLC are wood elves.
    Well they have been accurate up to now. I see no reason to suspect now is where the change will happen.
  • ITA_Vae_VictisITA_Vae_Victis Senior Member ItalyPosts: 1,149Registered Users
    edited September 2016
    VlKNG said:

corvo said:

VlKNG said:

corvo said:

VlKNG said:

VlKNG said:

Well they have been accurate up to now. I see no reason to suspect now is where the change will happen.
    I guess it will happen after the Greenskins+Orcs lord pack. CA was very clear since the beginning that the map would be expanded in meaningful ways through standalone expansions, not DLCs, and that collides with the leaks (on the other hand, it's easy to imagine an original plan where what might now be the second game was meant to be a bunch of DLCs)

Also, if the base game had 5 factions at launch, it's hard to imagine the main team will be working for 1+ years on the second game while the smaller post-launch support team is supposed to do bugfixing+FLC+ 5 or 6 full-fledged new factions in the same amount of time.
  • NoSkill4UNoSkill4U Posts: 309Registered Users
    Well hope they do it like rome 2 emperor edition : all that purchased the beastmen dlc before will get the new content for free and the others wouldv e to purchase it
  • Ice_creamIce_cream Posts: 354Registered Users
    corvo said:

VlKNG said:

corvo said:

VlKNG said:

VlKNG said:

They said whatever, but until now the filtration is 100% accurate. And looking at FLC schedule, and thinking there is a pattern, wizzard and lore FLC always will be accompanied by race, and LL FLC by a LL pack. Them 99% sure that the next DLC will be a race (and 98% WE).
  • CanuoveaCanuovea Posts: 4,360Registered Users
    If the next DLC were a "Human Factions" DLC I'd like it too! Though that would make sense to release with Bretonnia as well.

Not saying there will be, just that it would be nice.
    edited September 2016
    Canuovea said:

If the next DLC were a "Human Factions" DLC I'd like it too! Though that would make sense to release with Bretonnia as well.

Not saying there will be, just that it would be nice.

i think Bretonnia will come about december, like christmas gift :)
    Team Warriors of Chaos

• SuneaterSuneater Posts: 215Registered Users
    VlKNG said:

For me the next DLC will be extremely telling, how complete will the WE roster be? will they add more units to the beastmen? Or a new LL?

I guess we can ask. Have Chaos Warrios get any new units / Lords? Do they get them?
    After all it was first DLC...
    * Windows 10 64bit Enteprise
    * Motherboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme4
    * Power: XTX Core 650W
    * CPU: Intel Core i7 2600K 3.40GHz ( 5005MHz, 50x 100.1MHz Bus Speed, CPU V-Core ~1V-1.42V)
    * Cooler: Thermalright Macho Rev. B
    * GPU: Asus AMD R9 Nano 4Gb.GPU 1040/545, -36mV (1000/500), (R9NANO-4G) ASIC Quality 60.1%
    * Net: 100/10Mb
    * HD's: Kingston 480Gb SSDNow kc300, Seagate Barracuda 3Tb 64Mb SerialATA600, Maxtor DiamondMax 10 SerialATA150 200Gb, Maxtor DiamondMax 10 SerialATA150 300.0GB, Western Digital 200GB
    * RAM: 2X Kingston Hyper X CL9 4GB 1600MHz DDR3 1.5V + 2X G.Skill Dual Kit Ripjaws X CL9 4GB 1600MHz 1.5V F3-1280
    * Soundcard: Asus XONAR D1 Low Profile PCI 7.1
    * VCR+system: Denon AVR-1603 + 5.1 Eltax MovieMaxx & Eltax Cinema subwoofer (front Dali 310)
    * Screen: Dell UltraSharp U2713HM 2560 x 1440
    * Case: Fractal Design Define R2
    * Mouse: Logitech G500s
    * Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Battlefield 4 Collectors Edition
  • mw51630mw51630 Member Posts: 873Registered Users
    http://www.geektown.co.uk/2016/09/23/creative-assembly-art-director-kevin-mcdowell-talks-total-war-warhammer/

"GT: Okay, so lets move on. In terms of the races, obviously you’re adding more and more via DLC. Are you looking to make changes/improvements to the ‘vanilla’ classes as you add in more DLC races?

K McD: I would say yes. Our ultimate goal, I don’t know if we’ll ever achieve it or not, but our ultimate goal would be to do all the units from Warhammer Fantasy. So that would include filling out all the remaining units. That’s not a promise though, that’s just something we would want to do and are aiming towards.

OCAG: It’s worth noting that, with every piece of DLC, we release more units for previous factions, often for free."

This is a half-confirmation that they plan to do more FLC for DLC, rather than DLC for DLC.
    mw51630 said:

http://www.geektown.co.uk/2016/09/23/creative-assembly-art-director-kevin-mcdowell-talks-total-war-warhammer/

awesome info! i update the OP ;)
    Team Warriors of Chaos

• CanuoveaCanuovea Posts: 4,360Registered Users
    I will point out...

"Often for free" suggests that there could be DLC for DLC, after a fashion.
    Canuovea said:

I will point out...

"Often for free" suggests that there could be DLC for DLC, after a fashion.

true...
    Team Warriors of Chaos