Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

FLC/DLC for DLC. [Updated Info 14/10/2016]

Comments

• CanuoveaCanuovea Posts: 5,612Registered Users
    Of course, to me that sounds as if we may be getting more Beastmen with the Wood Elves after all. Or at least, it weighs more in favour of that.
  • dwarfmasterracedwarfmasterrace Posts: 1,772Registered Users
    Canuovea said:

I will point out...

"Often for free" suggests that there could be DLC for DLC, after a fashion.

Personally I don't mind so long as the content is good and reasonably priced.
  • SiWISiWI Senior Member Posts: 6,202Registered Users
    I kinda disagree to take the new information as hint for rather "FLC for DLC" instead of "DLC for DLC".

Don't get me wrong, they probably will add things for free for DLC races as well.

BUT... that they like to talk about they FLC for every DLC, is rather PR.

Right now, even the FLC pattern would require DLC's for the race, if you look at how they handle FLC LL's.
  • herjan1987herjan1987 Posts: 644Registered Users
    As long as the content is withing the range that CA said to be ( till 8th, closing before End Times ) I will be supporting this game. Even, if they throw DLC for a DLC. Which in some cases, like Chaos is going to happen at somepoint anyways.
    Team Dwarfes
    Team Brettonnia
    Team Tomb Kings
    Team High Elf
    Team Averland

Leitdorf for Emperor!

Original Regiments of Renown and Dogs of War
    Make Marious Leitdorf a playable Legendary Lord
    Warhammer Fantasy Novels in Black Library
  • CarognaCarogna Posts: 135Registered Users
    Personally I dislike the idea of DLC for DLC and I think it is not the most effective business practice either.

That said, for this game, I would buy it anyway.
    Team Skaven
    Team Dark Elves
  • mw51630mw51630 Member Posts: 985Registered Users
    Interesting part of the article I found is that CA has a goal (that is not set in stone) of adding every unit from TT to the game.

Which is pretty incredible if they pull it off.
  • VlKlNGVlKlNG Junior Member Posts: 590Registered Users
    Suneater said:

VlKNG said:

For me the next DLC will be extremely telling, how complete will the WE roster be? will they add more units to the beastmen? Or a new LL?

The next DLC will answer these questions, and that answer will help us to more accurately predict what may happen to the other races.

I guess we can ask. Have Chaos Warrios get any new units / Lords? Do they get them?
    After all it was first DLC...
    No they haven't however a fitting opportunity has not presented itself yet.

With the grim and the grave DLC, is has nothing to do with chaos or beastmen, so it makes little to no sense adding chaos or beastmen units to that DLC.

Wood elves are closely linked with beastmen and have an on going issue with them. It makes sense they flesh out some of the beastmen roster too.

For a logical addition to chaos, either a Lord pack with chaos or a mini campain closely linked with chaos would make the perfect opportunity to add some chaos units and lords.

It's also worth noting that the data mine clearly shows the 3rd expansion ties in very close with chaos. It is very likely that chaos undivided, as well as all 4 chaos god units and factions will be fleshed out.
  • TheKingInExileTheKingInExile Posts: 4Registered Users
    If CA wants to do the Warhammer universe that we all know and love justice release the factions as dlc and add new legendary lords, units of renown etc as flc that way we don't have to buy more dlc for dlc we already own.
  • AryndelinAryndelin Junior Member Posts: 312Registered Users
    I don't mind a dlc for a dlc if it fleshes out the game properly and the DLC's aint 2 units for 10 dollars.
    If they follow the model of the latest dlc and the upcomming dlc (the 2 LL packs) in price and content im content.

I rather have them flesh out the content than being hardnecked about not doing DLC for DLC.

It would be worse if they baked in "fleshing out" units for beastmen f.ex. in a DLC pack meant for other races. That would mean a player possibly have to buy a faction or a pack they don't want just to flesh out their possibly favourite race (beastmen is just used as an example remember).

FLC is fine too, but that would be limited as there's just so much free content CA can release.

As mentioned, i like the model of the 2 LL packs we've seen. And i hope we'll get DLC packs which introduces missing units if CA is unable to bring them in, in other ways.
  • Pr4vdaPr4vda Senior Member Posts: 597Registered Users
    Apart from race pack, lords pack (G&G, K&W) and of course, the next 2 games, they should add the units for free.

For the former races (empire, greenskins, VC and dwarfs), FLC are a must to expand the roster. For instance, with the release of a skaven race pack, we could have a free LL for dwarfs in the same time.

But for chaos, beastmen, etc. they could give more units in the other race packs coming. Like a few beatsmen units and LL with the wood elfs DLC.
    Team Dawis

Dawis shall purge all their fallen Karaks, with the blood of the Greeskins and the skavens !
  • CoffeeAndToastCoffeeAndToast Posts: 37Registered Users
    edited October 2016
    I think the main problem with DLC for DLC is how confusing it would get for people new to the game who don't read the forums/gaming sites and are picking it up new in a few years time. Unless it performed really badly, this game was always going to have a lot of DLC, and adding to that list with DLC that has multiple requirement asterisks is only going to make it more confusing.

Personally I'd be fine paying a few pounds/euros/dollars more because I'll probably pick up most of the DLC and get my money's worth out of it anyway, but I think to keep things clearer they should add to the DLC with FLC.
    Pr4vda said:

Apart from race pack, lords pack (G&G, K&W) and of course, the next 2 games, they should add the units for free.

I'm partly sorry for what I write next... but it warms my dark heart that you consider the units in the next games (40-60€?) as free.
    I really like doing business with you ;)
  • CanuoveaCanuovea Posts: 5,612Registered Users
    SiWi said:

Pr4vda said:

I'm partly sorry for what I write next... but it warms my dark heart that you consider the units in the next games (40-60€?) as free.
    I think what was meant was more along the lines of: And they can add more FLC as it goes to flesh all these other things out.
  • SbygneusSbygneus Posts: 385Registered Users
    I have two quesiosn:

1.Did CA stated somewhere that regiments of renown will not be available for all factions?

2. Where do they take ideas for regiments of renown from? End of Times books?
    If so, then does anybody know if there are any such regiments for Beastmen or Chaos?

The only ideas for Beastmen RoR I have a knowledge of are from the army book. And these are only two:

Sons of Ghorros (centigor elite unit)
    Ungrol's Outcasts (elite ungor unit)
    edited October 2016
    Canuovea said:

SiWi said:

Pr4vda said:

I think what was meant was more along the lines of: And they can add more FLC as it goes to flesh all these other things out.
    Of course he meant it that way. But still the phrasing "buy the next game, get free units" is hilarious to me;)

But still:
    if you have a to buy the expansions (which you probably will download...) then why wouldn't there DLC for DLC?
    Besides the problem of fewer poeple having access is the same with FLC:
    while FLC isn't suppose to give money in a straight way (CA/Sega view) like a DLC, but its effects of positive PR are diminish if many people can't use that FLC and some will feel taunted, if a DLC race they don't own get a free LL but they beloved Empire/Dwarf/Vampire/Greenskin isn't there.

I can envision the complain Threads about how unfair it is that only people who pay for the DLC can use the FLC.

It is also not realistic to assume that the DLC races could ever catch up with just FLC.
    Look at the quantity of FLC we get:
    one hero there, one unit, here and there a LL...

How many other DLC's would we need (all introducing new contend for non DLC races btw), to ever get to the stage of 3 completely new units and let's say 9 RoR?

12?
    That per race DLC race now...

It is simply not doable unless CA ups the FLC contend 10times.
  • seienchinseienchin Senior Member Posts: 3,976Registered Users
    jamreal18 said:

Guys, remember Daughter of Mars for Rome 2....

New units for Sparta, Scythia and Lusitani which are also part of dlc...

*shudder.... DONT ever use that dlc name again... Goes right on top of the worst TW dlcs ever...
    You are right though. I think 1-2 units in a bigger DLC for DLC factions seems reasonable.
    No DLC for DLC probably rather means that there will not be a DLC that is specificly only for DLC factions (So a lords of chaos DLC bringing Chaos and Beastmen addition for example)
  • CoffeeAndToastCoffeeAndToast Posts: 37Registered Users
    SiWi said:

Pr4vda said:

Sorry if English isn't your first language, it's a slightly confusingly worded sentence, but I'm pretty sure he meant that:

They should charge for race packs
    They should charge for lords (or RoR) packs
    They should (of course) charge for the next 2 games
    Other than that, everything else should be FLC

Seienchin said:

jamreal18 said:

Guys, remember Daughter of Mars for Rome 2....

New units for Sparta, Scythia and Lusitani which are also part of dlc...

*shudder.... DONT ever use that dlc name again... Goes right on top of the worst TW dlcs ever...
    You are right though. I think 1-2 units in a bigger DLC for DLC factions seems reasonable.
    No DLC for DLC probably rather means that there will not be a DLC that is specificly only for DLC factions (So a lords of chaos DLC bringing Chaos and Beastmen addition for example)
    I think you mean a combination in Lords packs from one DLC race and another from a non DLC race. Yes?
    Well then your example is bad...
  • corvocorvo Junior Member SpainPosts: 1,758Registered Users
    Judging for the interview, probably will exist some DLC for DLC, isn't worring me, because clarly Warriors of chaos and beastmen, need a expanded Rooster and RoR
    Team Warriors of Chaos

"Fear me mortals, for I am the Anointed, the favoured Son of Chaos, the Scourge of the World. The armies of the gods rally behind me, and it is by my will and by my sword that your weakling nations shall fall."

- Archaon the everchosen, Lord of the End Times
  • Ephraim_DaltonEphraim_Dalton Senior Member Posts: 8,194Registered Users
    corvo said:

Judging for the interview, probably will exist some DLC for DLC, isn't worring me, because clarly Warriors of chaos and beastmen, need a expanded Rooster and RoR

I heard the famed Chaos Rooster cried "BLOOD-A-DOODLE-BLOOD-GOD!" every morning.

• PhiloslothicalPhiloslothical Posts: 850Registered Users
    edited October 2016
    SiWi said:

I can envision the complain Threads about how unfair it is that only people who pay for the DLC can use the FLC.

Yet you should also consider that we are getting "FLCs" because a part of TWW players are willing to pay for DLCs.
    There is no such thing as FLC, we pay for it and some people get some bonus thanks to us, buyers.

Same thing goes for those who whine about DLC owner getting an advantage in MP.
    Praise the sun ! \[T]/
  • TayvarTayvar Posts: 4,050Registered Users
    @Philoslothical also it's Not All About Multiplayer, having more units added to the game is good, and it's not like Creative Assembly made up those units, those units already exist in the tabletop.
    Tayvar said:

@Philoslothical also it's Not All About Multiplayer, having more units added to the game is good, and it's not like Creative Assembly made up those units, those units already exist in the tabletop.

I don't know why you are saying this to me, not relevant as I've never said the contrary. ;)

Was just giving my POV on what FLC really are.
    Praise the sun ! \[T]/

Tayvar said:

I don't know why you are saying this to me, not relevant as I've never said the contrary. ;)

I know, I just wanted to clear that up, it's looks like Creative Assembly have hard time to include the full roster from the release, so it's better for it to get added letter then not at all.
    edited October 2016
    Tayvar said:

Tayvar said:

I know, I just wanted to clear that up, it's looks like Creative Assembly have hard time to include the full roster from the release, so it's better for it to get added letter then not at all.
    From what planet are you ? haha ^^

I'm basically saying that I have no problem with DLC for DLC nor FLC for DLC.
    People are starting to complain that it wouldn't be fair if they would have to pay a DLC to use some FLC content. I was just giving a reminder that without people who buy DLCs, there would be no FLCs, therefore they are no real reasons to complain.
    They receive regularly a bit of free content and that's cool for them, happy to pay so we all get that.
    But if at some point there is indead FLC for DLC, that's only fair for us too, cuz in the end, FLC is never really free for those who buy the DLCs.

Edit : the MP reference is about a thread where somebody said it was unfair as a non DLC buyer that he regurlarly ended up vs units he doesn't own and too powerfull for its tastes (RoR, etc...)

Is that clear ? Little reminder : not native english speaker there.
    Praise the sun ! \[T]/
    @Philoslothical it's okey man/orc, those who complain about it are not right. :)
    Tayvar said:

@Philoslothical it's okey man/orc, those who complain about it are not right. :)

Yep but they need to know why :p

Concerning what you said about units, considering CA's ultimate goal is to put in every Warhammer fantasy units, I guess it will take several years to complete all the rosters, + lesser factions maybe.

Seeing today that even FLC content is expending is pretty awesome news. :)
    Praise the sun ! \[T]/
  • corvocorvo Junior Member SpainPosts: 1,758Registered Users
    [UPDATED INFO 14/10/2016]
    Team Warriors of Chaos

"Fear me mortals, for I am the Anointed, the favoured Son of Chaos, the Scourge of the World. The armies of the gods rally behind me, and it is by my will and by my sword that your weakling nations shall fall."

- Archaon the everchosen, Lord of the End Times

SiWi said:

Yet you should also consider that we are getting "FLCs" because a part of TWW players are willing to pay for DLCs.
    There is no such thing as FLC, we pay for it and some people get some bonus thanks to us, buyers.

I agree with you, but the people I see complaining will probably ignore that.
  • SephirexSephirex Right outside your windowPosts: 959Registered Users
    SiWi said:

SiWi said:

I agree with you, but the people I see complaining will probably ignore that.
    Same as those that argue because it can be bought on steam sale later, it shouldn't be bought now. Someone's actually gotta drop the money to fund development at some point.