Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

FLC/DLC for DLC. [Updated Info 14/10/2016]

13»

Comments

• DrasanilDrasanil Posts: 206Registered Users
    zhiphius said:

It would be worse if they baked in "fleshing out" units for beastmen f.ex. in a DLC pack meant for other races. That would mean a player possibly have to buy a faction or a pack they don't want just to flesh out their possibly favourite race (beastmen is just used as an example remember)..

There's also the reverse situation, where people are getting short changed on the race they wanted purchase because CA decided to use those resources to flesh out a race they might not have wanted to get in the first place.

For instance, I'd be pretty miffed if extra beastmen were baked into the Wood Elf DLC, because that would mean I'm paying for unrelated extras that tie into a DLC I decided to take a pass on. If I wanted beastmen I would have purchased the relevant DLC in the first place.

• SephirexSephirex Right outside your windowPosts: 958Registered Users
    Drasanil said:

zhiphius said:

It would be worse if they baked in "fleshing out" units for beastmen f.ex. in a DLC pack meant for other races. That would mean a player possibly have to buy a faction or a pack they don't want just to flesh out their possibly favourite race (beastmen is just used as an example remember)..

There's also the reverse situation, where people are getting short changed on the race they wanted purchase because CA decided to use those resources to flesh out a race they might not have wanted to get in the first place.

For instance, I'd be pretty miffed if extra beastmen were baked into the Wood Elf DLC, because that would mean I'm paying for unrelated extras that tie into a DLC I decided to take a pass on. If I wanted beastmen I would have purchased the relevant DLC in the first place.

They're not going to bake it in. It's going to be an FLC release just like the chaos units.
    Sephirex said:

They're not going to bake it in. It's going to be an FLC release just like the chaos units.

If they're FLC that's fine, and great for beastmen fans, but most of the people here seem to be implying that they'd be part and parcel of the wood elf dlc itself. Which would be a big no-no in my book.

• twwatchertwwatcher Posts: 926Registered Users
    Drasanil said:

Sephirex said:

If they're FLC that's fine, and great for beastmen fans, but most of the people here seem to be implying that they'd be part and parcel of the wood elf dlc itself. Which would be a big no-no in my book.

They could be playable in the WE mini campaign and at the very least be an AI antagonist sporting an improved roster & new LL - just a theory based somewhat on the data mine .
  • Mr_Finley7Mr_Finley7 Junior Member Posts: 1,784Registered Users
    Jesus people, you're talking about new content here that you should or shouldn't have to pay for like your some pretentious **** who dosent know how to place an order in a restaurant.

"Yes I'd like your wood elf special, but I see your Chef includes beastmen units in that and I DO NOT care for them, so ask them to prepare it with no beastmen and I'd like a refund on the price of that entree as I won't be having the full list of features. Also, I see you don't have any Squig herders on your menu, but for the price I'm paying I'd like that prepared as well, I have very special needs I expect to be met tonight."

"Also, I'm sure the chef knows how to make a side of Kislev and I know you have the ingredients on hand, can you ask him to make that from scratch for us? The customer is always right after all..."

Jesus people, you're talking about new content here that you should or shouldn't have to pay for like your some pretentious **** who dosent know how to place an order in a restaurant.

1) I don't think you know what pretentious means, so there's that.

2) There's nothing unreasonable about not wanting to have to pay for something which you either can't use or that would require purchasing an unrelated to product to make use of. Which is exactly what expanded beastmen content in the Wood Elf DLC would be.
    edited October 2016
    Relax guys.

There is a chance that Beastman will be playable in the Wood Elf mini campaign. Yes, you would need to buy the Wood Elves, and probably own Beastman to play them within the campaign.

Extra beastman units and heroes? While possibly usable or seen in the campaign, that's going to go to all users who bought Beastman as FLC.
  • SiWISiWI Senior Member Posts: 5,083Registered Users
    Drasanil said:

2) There's nothing unreasonable about not wanting to have to pay for something which you either can't use or that would require purchasing an unrelated to product to make use of. Which is exactly what expanded beastmen content in the Wood Elf DLC would be.
    Is it too early to shout "I TOLD YOU SO!"?
  • Mr_Finley7Mr_Finley7 Junior Member Posts: 1,784Registered Users
    Drasanil said:

That argument came and went with the chaos dlc squabble. Get over it.
  • SchepelSchepel Senior Member Posts: 1,321Registered Users
    Vhaegrant said:

My thoughts.

I think if a DLC sells astoundingly well you may see future additions for it.

I would hope that CA would look to spread the love across all factions equally.

I'm over the old school mindset of buying a complete game, I've even managed to wean myself off needing a physical copy (hey, I grew up in the 70-80's ;) ).

I look at TW:W as a game released over a period of time and would like to think all factions receive the same level of functionality irrespective of whether they are part of a core release or subsequent DLC/FLC.

And, as a return of investment to money spent: hours of entertainment out it's one of the best I've made.

I went through the same thing. Except that I was born in the 80's. Still have a few boxes with hard copies of games I will never play again, but I am strangely loath to bin them.
    Schepel said:

Vhaegrant said:

My thoughts.

I'm over the old school mindset of buying a complete game, I've even managed to wean myself off needing a physical copy (hey, I grew up in the 70-80's ;) ).

I look at TW:W as a game released over a period of time and would like to think all factions receive the same level of functionality irrespective of whether they are part of a core release or subsequent DLC/FLC.

And, as a return of investment to money spent: hours of entertainment out it's one of the best I've made.

I went through the same thing. Except that I was born in the 80's. Still have a few boxes with hard copies of games I will never play again, but I am strangely loath to bin them.
    Getting rid of my boxes was a hard day for me.
  • Combat_WombatCombat_Wombat Posts: 1,987Registered Users
    Sephirex said:

Schepel said:

Vhaegrant said:

My thoughts.

You call yourself a gamer? For shame sir. For shame.
    edited October 2016

Sephirex said:

Schepel said:

Vhaegrant said:

My thoughts.

You call yourself a gamer? For shame sir. For shame.
    Hey! I needed the space for board games, which actually have an excuse for having an oversized box.
  • Skinny_dragonSkinny_dragon Posts: 152Registered Users

"Yes I'd like your wood elf special, but I see your Chef includes beastmen units in that and I DO NOT care for them, so ask them to prepare it with no beastmen and I'd like a refund on the price of that entree as I won't be having the full list of features. Also, I see you don't have any Squig herders on your menu, but for the price I'm paying I'd like that prepared as well, I have very special needs I expect to be met tonight."

"Also, I'm sure the chef knows how to make a side of Kislev and I know you have the ingredients on hand, can you ask him to make that from scratch for us? The customer is always right after all..."

You know my customers do you?
  • corvocorvo Junior Member SpainPosts: 539Registered Users
    I read a lot of times in so many threads that DLC for a DLC wouln't profitable, well, think about Chaos for example. almots evereyone have this particular DLC because Early adopters preorder gift.

On ther other hands, im pretty sure that Wood Elves fans, want RoRs of his favorite faction.

we aren't taking here about minor factions, so those mayor factions who will be a Paid DLC will always stay behind, if you do not get more paid content, because I doubt enough that the FLC are enough.
    Team Warriors of Chaos

"Fear me mortals, for I am the Anointed, the favoured Son of Chaos, the Scourge of the World. The armies of the gods rally behind me, and it is by my will and by my sword that your weakling nations shall fall."

- Archaon the everchosen, Lord of the End Times
  • Lord_XelosLord_Xelos Posts: 344Registered Users
    Actually Wood Elves have complete roster and all their need is additional LL's, L's and H's + RoR. And that is fair, because now they can fill Wood Elves with FLC... Beastmen on the other hand got severely crippled roster and even with addition of Morghur and Harpies they look poor...

So Yeah, if Race DLC isn't a scam, there's no need for DLC to DLC and everyone is happy.

As for Chaos - remember that it's just Chaos Undivided WoC. We will get god specific factions or a mix of godly units in last expansion. Although I agree WoC miss of lot of their roster too (and I'm talking undivided part of roster, not even mentioning god specific units).
  • mw51630mw51630 Member Posts: 873Registered Users
    corvo said:

I read a lot of times in so many threads that DLC for a DLC wouln't profitable, well, think about Chaos for example. almots evereyone have this particular DLC because Early adopters preorder gift.

On ther other hands, im pretty sure that Wood Elves fans, want RoRs of his favorite faction.

we aren't taking here about minor factions, so those mayor factions who will be a Paid DLC will always stay behind, if you do not get more paid content, because I doubt enough that the FLC are enough.

I don't think that DLC for DLC would be unprofitable, but it is certainly less profitable than putting more effort into making normal DLC, or improving old DLC.
  • theedge634theedge634 Senior Member Posts: 1,290Registered Users
    edited November 2016
    mw51630 said:

corvo said:

I don't think that DLC for DLC would be unprofitable, but it is certainly less profitable than putting more effort into making normal DLC, or improving old DLC.
    Which is why I would suggest it be done at the end of the game's cycle as a small thank you/we here you Beastmen fans deal. Done in good faith knowing that they may not make a killing on it, but that they will be able to do it without screwing Beastmen fans over. At that point, I believe they would be at a point where they are looking to move on from the original game anyway, no need to make up new content... just finish off the Beastmen.
  • theedge634theedge634 Senior Member Posts: 1,290Registered Users
    Schepel said:

Vhaegrant said:

My thoughts.

Same here. I think us "older" folk have more of an appreciation for how the gaming industry has evolved. There are some things I don't like, but there's a lot of positives. I can't imagine that it's the older generation bitching about releasing content the way it is being released.
  • LestaTLestaT Senior Member Posts: 1,103Registered Users
    jamreal18 said:

Guys, remember Daughter of Mars for Rome 2....

New units for Sparta, Scythia and Lusitani which are also part of dlc...

Gorgo’s Skirmishers - Can be recruited by Sparta, or as mercenaries in Hellas.

Even if you don't own Greek States Culture pack, you can still hire them as mercs playing as Rome for example.
    My Rig - CPU:Intel CORE i3-2100 @ 3.1 ghz MOBO: Foxconn H-67M RAM: 2x2GB CORSAIR PC1333 GPU: XFX HD5770 1GB GDDR5 PSU: FSP SAGA II 500w CASE: Gigabyte Chassis HDD: 1x Samsung F3 HD103SJ 1TB ODD: Samsung SH-S223L DVD/RW OS: Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit MONITOR: Samsung E2020X (LED) 1600x900
13»