Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Which Clan Is Historically The Strongest?

AbledCatAbledCat Junior MemberPosts: 4Registered Users
I know that in Rise of the Samurai, the Minamoto Clan was the historically accurate shogunate, and in Shogun 2 it was the Tokugawa. But in Fall of the Samurai which Imperial Clan was historically the strongest and which pro Shogun Clan was historically the strongest?

Comments

• AbledCatAbledCat Junior Member Posts: 4Registered Users
    Ok so I've managed to figure out that the strongest pro Shogun Clan was the Aizu but I still don't know what the strongest pro Emperor Clan was. I think it was between the Satsuma and the Choshu but I don't which out of the two them was the strongest.
  • Ephraim_DaltonEphraim_Dalton Senior Member Posts: 14,350Registered Users
    Satsuma, they were producing most of the heavy weaponry. That's why their rebellion was so dangerous to the new regime.

• Markko8109Markko8109 Posts: 1Registered Users
    The satsuma clan ruled southern kyushu even before oda nobunaga’s inital unification of japan.They were considered to be the stongest tozama(outsider) daimyo clan during the tokugawa shogunate era.Their stippend is at 800,000 koku while the stippend of the storngest fudai clan which is the maeda clan was at about 1,000,000 koku. Choshu clan was also a tozama clan with a stippend of about 450,000 during the shogunate era and was a little bit weaker than satuma in terms of buying power but they once ruled the chugoku region before the shogunate so their warriors were pretty famous and brave.Satsuma was ruled by the shimazu family and choshu was ruled by the once mighty mori family. For comaparison the shogunate’s land was at about 2.5 million koku while the emperial family only ruled about 200,000 koku of land. Another huge advantage satsuma had againt the other major clans was their de facto rule of the kingdom of ryukyu(modern day okinawa).