Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

How to use the Vargulf MY OPINION

_Gritthith__Gritthith_ Posts: 8Registered Users
I quite often play the multiplayer TWW so its not so strange to be fighting against the Vamps.Lately i saw a couple of people using the Vargulf,i easily got it down with my Templehof Luminark the first time but the second time it made its way to the front line,and it did extremly bad against my spearman.So i did some testing and found out that the best way to use it is like a chariot unit.Basically swinging it back and forth on some infantry units and it can do quiet ok.Is it cost effective no but it can get some work done if used properly.I hope this is going to help some people if you like it i can post more about other units and strategy.Englisch is not my language but i hope i didnt make many Mistakes dont judge them too cruel.Goodbye. ;)

Comments

• CanuoveaCanuovea Posts: 4,804Registered Users
    Or, from what I've heard, use it to murder Gorebull Spam.
  • _Gritthith__Gritthith_ Posts: 8Registered Users
    I dint try using it against heroes in my test because it did so bad against Standart infantry.But I don't know if gorebull considered to be infantry because the Vargulf doesn't have a bonus vs large or the Duelist trade it only got an ok bonus vs infantry and some armorpiercing.And just by looking at their stats I think the Gorebull should win even without health potions or at least be quite cost-effective. And if you keep the Vargulf engaged for too long you are going to lose 2 of his best stats he's speed and he's charge bonus.;D
  • CarnakCarnak Junior Member Posts: 187Registered Users
    Canuovea said:

Or, from what I've heard, use it to murder Gorebull Spam.

Yeah. In my VC campaign I liked them for chasing down characters and flank charges. They would get cut up too easy if I charged directly into infantry.
    It's pretty much what I said like a big fluffy bat puppy chariot.But yeah it's good at chasing down stuff but in multiplayer to pay 1600 for a worse version of the goblin wolf rider is a bit too much in my opinion .
    To chase down stuff or get those juicy skirmishers it's better to use dire wolfs or the dire pack to also help your cavalry.Although I consider the standard dire wolf an a bit overpriced unit.
    The Varghulf apparently knocks down Gorebulls, preventing them from doing much of anything.
    Yeah,it does like all other large units but to keep that effect you have to cycle charge and it ain't easy on a field battle because the Gorebulls are normally used in the infantry engagements .I'm not saying that you are wrong but like all units that get knocked back gorebulls get up and with their bonus vs. Large and a healing potion and a potential second gorebull the Vargulf is in for a hard time.I just think he is still not going to be cost effective.And better counter to gorebulls are (dismounted) Wight kings with healing potions.
    Oh yeah, I know little about the multiplayer scene. That being said, I've seen it done in one of those youtube videos.
    Yeah,I think it probably was luck.If you are new to the MP i really don't think that Vargulf is viable because of all the micromanageing that it takes to make him cost-effective.Try using sternsman,Crypt horrors,blood Knights and some Meatshields zombies or skeletons if the nation you a facing against is strong on missiles like the empire or the Dwarfs.And good luck;D
    Oh no, I'm not getting me into the hellhole that is multiplayer, nope nope nope. I was just interested in mentioned that for the topic.

Though apparently the bloke using the Varghulfs was in the top 10 ranking. I imagine you'd have to be. I've never liked the Varghulf.
    ;D all right, but still a giant thank you for the feedback.
    I'm going to sleep and I probably am going to make another one of these.If someone has a special unit they what to get covered just say it and I'm going to do another one of these about it and goodnight everyone;D