Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

After I modified my preferences.script.txt on Mac my game won't start

Linus_SkovLinus_Skov Registered Users Posts: 1
Hello. I'm playing Total War: Attila on Mac, which means I have a hard time downloading mods. After researching it for a few months, I found out that I could actually download mods using a special website and then follow the guide about mods on Mac versions of Rome II that CA has posted before.

The only problem is, I followed this exactly, and wrote the mods name in the preferences.script.txt-file, then saved it, but ever since that, Attila won't start. Every time I press the "start game" button in Steam, it shows me the Attila logo, but the game doesn't start. It just stays that way.

I tried deleting and re-downloading the game, but that didn't work either. Is there any way to get my game working again or, ideally, to get my game working with the mods on Mac? All I want is to download one mod.