Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

SolvedHardcrashing my system into a restart

VexThePugVexThePug Posts: 8Registered Users
edited November 2016 in Napoleon: Total War
Hey guys, NTW player here

So I recently got NTW, yep great game and amazing graphics for a pretty old engine.

I mean I've already read about 7 discussions about this issue (9 if you include the horribly made ones)

So basically NTW will make my entire system pull a restart at some point if I press the "End turn" button on what I like to call the "map screen" (Im unaware of its proper name) and it has about a 20-30% chance of hardcrashing my system into a restart, which can be annoying, but it will rarely or never hardcrash in 'battle mode" (where you assemble your troops to tactically eliminate the enemy)

I have updated graphics drivers, changed preferrences.script and even asked so many NTW players how to fix this

My simple answer from many NTW players was "its poorly optimized and crashes a lot" and thats actually appauling, I mean about 90% of the people who claim the easy fix is "oh delete the pref.script file it fixes it 100%" which is false, it doesnt fix the problem

If anybody has a solution to this godawful mess of a poorly optimized but great looking game, please tell me.

EDIT: No other game does this apart from Dayz (which rarely happens compared to NTW plus it is an early alpha) and MoWAS2 (men of war) but games like battlefront EA or battlefield or far cry 4 or any other game requiring serious graphics dedication never does this, I would really love if anybody could give me SOME type of solution.

MY SPECS ARE AS FOLLOWED:

Operating System
Windows 10 Enterprise 64-bit
CPU
Intel Core i5 4460 @ 3.20GHz
Haswell 22nm Technology
RAM
8.00GB Single-Channel DDR3 @ 799MHz (11-11-11-28)
Motherboard
Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. H97-Gaming 3 (SOCKET 0)
Graphics
S22B350 ([email protected])
Intel HD Graphics 4600 (Gigabyte)
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 (Gigabyte)
ForceWare version: 375.70
SLI Disabled
Storage
1863GB Seagate ST2000DM001-1CH164 (SATA)
447GB SanDisk Ultra II 480GB (SSD)
Optical Drives
ASUS DRW-24B1ST
Audio
High Definition Audio Device

NOTE: I DO NOT USE THE INTEL HD GFX CARD, I USE THE GTX 970, I AM USING AN HDMI CABLE DIRECT TO A SINGLE SCREEN SAMSUNG 720P MONITOR.
Post edited by dge1 on
Tagged:

Comments