Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Possible future LL speculation list

Comments

• D-acolyteD-acolyte Junior Member Posts: 5Registered Users
    Some more fun stuff could be the Dark Emissaries, Truthsayers and Fenbeast. The first two could be heros and the Fenbeast are a unit.
    Other fun subfactions: the Vampire Pirates from the Lustria Campaign. Middenheim from storm of chaos. Any of the variant vampire armies from there old codex, I think it was the 6th ed one. If they do not do a 6th Kislev army I will be disappointed.
  • TzarKaiserTzarKaiser Yorkshire, UKPosts: 63Registered Users
    I imagine it could be a lot of work but it would be interesting and useful in our speculation if you could add the years that respective characters were active.
    This might help in deciding how viable people are. I know that essentially anyone might show up as DLC or FLC given precedent but it seems that they do have to make sense in some way.
    Ghorst fitted with the Sigmar's Blood theme, and Vlad, though dead, is a vampire so could very plausibly be brought back to life. Whereas long dead Brettonians, Greenskins, etc. are perhaps less likely (though not impossible).
  • TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Posts: 10,165Registered Users
    edited November 2016

Ghorst fitted with the Sigmar's Blood theme, and Vlad, though dead, is a vampire so could very plausibly be brought back to life. Whereas long dead Brettonians, Greenskins, etc. are perhaps less likely (though not impossible).

cough cough Azhag the Slaughterer cough cough

Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, ETCHED IN BLOOD! Clan Gunnisson! Karak Eight Peaks! JOSEF BUGMAN!"

CA hates the Empire confirmed. The FLC LL for the new Lord Pack is Gor-Rok. Meaning the Empire still hasn't gotten their FLC LL. And no, moving Balthasar Gelt from Reikland, where he should be, DOES NOT COUNT. If they wanted a LL in the Southern Empire: Marius Leitdorf of Averland or maybe Elspeth von Draken in Nuln...

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him?

GHAL MARAZ IS THE WEAPON OF THE SETTING! YET SOME BRETONNIAN SWORD IS MORE POTENT?! BUFF GHAL MARAZ IN SIGMAR'S NAME!
  • SiWISiWI Senior Member Posts: 10,371Registered Users

I imagine it could be a lot of work but it would be interesting and useful in our speculation if you could add the years that respective characters were active.
    This might help in deciding how viable people are. I know that essentially anyone might show up as DLC or FLC given precedent but it seems that they do have to make sense in some way.

I think in terms of "time" the edition where they were active is more important, than the time logic of the Warhammer Universe.
    I for example wouldn't rate anyone with 5th edition as last mention (different for characters which lost models, but were at least keep for the Lore in newer editions) with realistic chance to appear.

The Warhammer world was simply very different back them and they would hardly fit not wouldn't they necessary bring huge advantages over characters with more recent lore.

Also let's not forget the reasoning for Vlad:
    fun.

So while someone like Grom the paunch should be dead by logic (and actually is), I wouldn't be slightly surprise by him appearing in a Lord pack with High elves.
    Ratling_Guns.gif?t=1554385892
  • TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Posts: 10,165Registered Users
    SiWi said:

So while someone like Grom the paunch should be dead by logic (and actually is), I wouldn't be slightly surprise by him appearing in a Lord pack with High elves.

sure that Grom's dead? From what i've read he merely "disappeared", so no confirmed status...
    Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, ETCHED IN BLOOD! Clan Gunnisson! Karak Eight Peaks! JOSEF BUGMAN!"

CA hates the Empire confirmed. The FLC LL for the new Lord Pack is Gor-Rok. Meaning the Empire still hasn't gotten their FLC LL. And no, moving Balthasar Gelt from Reikland, where he should be, DOES NOT COUNT. If they wanted a LL in the Southern Empire: Marius Leitdorf of Averland or maybe Elspeth von Draken in Nuln...

GHAL MARAZ IS THE WEAPON OF THE SETTING! YET SOME BRETONNIAN SWORD IS MORE POTENT?! BUFF GHAL MARAZ IN SIGMAR'S NAME!

SiWi said:

sure that Grom's dead? From what i've read he merely "disappeared", so no confirmed status...
    In the armybook he is disappear, but there is a story where his old foe hunts him down and actually tortures him to death.
    Which is the reason why he doesn't talk about it.

Also think about it:
    one fat gobblin on the convenience full of high elves.
    What are his chances to survive?

cough cough Azhag the Slaughterer cough cough

Azhag is alive at the start of the game though, he merely dies within the timeframe, so is perfectly fitting the game setting.
    SiWi said:

I think in terms of "time" the edition where they were active is more important, than the time logic of the Warhammer Universe.
    I for example wouldn't rate anyone with 5th edition as last mention (different for characters which lost models, but were at least keep for the Lore in newer editions) with realistic chance to appear.

The Warhammer world was simply very different back them and they would hardly fit not wouldn't they necessary bring huge advantages over characters with more recent lore.

Also let's not forget the reasoning for Vlad:
    fun.

I agree that edition is important and that more recent edition characters are more likely. I still think that Warhammer "time" would be an interesting and relevant factor.

You're right though that the main reason for Vlad is fun, but it remains that as a vampire (with his ring) it is very plausible his coming back to life. There are probably ways that they could bring most characters back to life, I just think it less likely for convenience.
  • mw51630mw51630 Member Posts: 1,593Registered Users
    Scyla Anfinngrimm
  • Red_DoxRed_Dox Junior Member Posts: 2,560Registered Users
    And Woodelves got Orion & Durthu for starters.
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/534331/
    Both would be alive and are Lord choices in the 8th armybook. So nothing new in case of how strange LLs could be picked ;)

-----Red Dox
  • argahawkargahawk Posts: 11Registered Users
    edited November 2016
    Well in 8th edition army book we don't have Ariel so I understand why they cut her out from LL list but if remember good Naestra and Arahan are still there so there's still chance to get them as FLC later this year or with launch of Bretonnia.
    Waiting for some info about Dark Elves, High Elves, Amazons and Naval Combat in Total War Warhammer!
  • AgielAgiel Junior Member Posts: 29Registered Users
    Naestra and Arahan could also go well with Markus Wulfhart, as the theme of that FLC pack could be the introduction of ranged LLs. That said, CA could consider the Wood Elves to be quite dense with content (I would say that they would be by a country mile the most ambitious in terms of campaign mechanics) and we'd have to be content with Orion and Durthu.
  • DerPhonixDerPhonix Senior Member Posts: 426Registered Users
    Red Dox said:

Nice list but have to see what from their stuff is useful. Some names are more or less "pointless". For example, listing Detlef Sierck. There is just no way that he would happen as LL. Or the High Priestess of Shallya for that case ;)

-----Red Dox

Yes, you're right. There are quite a few "warriors" there too though. Below are four of them.

Hans Leitdorf

Stefan_von_Brichtoff

Ar-Ulric Emil Valgeir

Heinrich von Torlichhelm

That "Ar Ulric" picture is actually exalted Valten from Storm of Chaos. Also Ar-Ulric Emil Valgeir is already in my list ;)

Mr Leitdorf

is one of the 93(!) horrible endtimes redshirt charakters I extracted from the campaign books. Still not sure if I should put them in with the rest or make a own "horrible Endtimes" category for them, just in case CA someday dives into the Endtimes.

Brichtdorf is interesting, since he seems to be one of those "lost" charakters that were on the GW HP until GW scratched every content without warning to have a soulless store only. Have to dig around a bit and see if somewhere in the web the rules/lore survived.

Torlichhelm looks "very" old ^^ Grandmaster of Panther Order, mmhhh, seems still current
    http://warhammerfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Knights_Panther
    I pile him up under "do all knightly order chef" alsong wit the prime wizards of the 8th magic schools.

-----Red Dox
    Nag5.png 967.8K
    edited November 2016
    Red Dox said:

That "Ar Ulric" picture is actually exalted Valten from Storm of Chaos. Also Ar-Ulric Emil Valgeir is already in my list ;)

Mr Leitdorf

is one of the 93(!) horrible endtimes redshirt charakters I extracted from the campaign books. Still not sure if I should put them in with the rest or make a own "horrible Endtimes" category for them, just in case CA someday dives into the Endtimes.

Brichtdorf is interesting, since he seems to be one of those "lost" charakters that were on the GW HP until GW scratched every content without warning to have a soulless store only. Have to dig around a bit and see if somewhere in the web the rules/lore survived.

Torlichhelm looks "very" old ^^ Grandmaster of Panther Order, mmhhh, seems still current
    http://warhammerfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Knights_Panther
    I pile him up under "do all knightly order chef" alsong wit the prime wizards of the 8th magic schools.

-----Red Dox

Yes, you seem to know what you're talking about indeed. I was never into Warhammer myself before this game came out.

In WH:TW Arch Lector is one unit but apparently there are two of them

Elector of the Cult of Sigmar: Arch Lector Kaslain
    Elector of the Cult of Sigmar: Arch Lector Aglim

If you're doing colleges of magic LLs and knight order LLs this might help.

List of Heads of the Colleges of Magic
    The Bright Order: Thyrus Gorman
    The Amber Order: Setenta Lobas
    The Jade Order: Tochter Grunfeld
    The Celestial Order: Raphael Julevno
    The Light Order: Verspasian Kant
    The Gold Order: Balthasar Gelt (also The Supreme Patriarch)
    The Grey Order: Reiner Starke
    The Amenthyst Order: Viggo Hexensohn

List of Heads of Knightly Orders
    Grand Master of the Reiksguard: Kurt Helborg
    Grand Master of the Wite Wolves: Rein Volkhard
    Grand Master of The Knights Panther: Baron Heinrich von Torlichhelm
    Grand Master of the Knights of the Blazing Sun: Siegfried Trappenfield

Took it from here: http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=45140.0

CA has a lot of stuff to work with here and I really hope they release DLCs for different Empire provinces.
    While changing/updating/adding smaller stuff thw whole time today marks a bigger update.
    -Kislev had rules in 4th and several special chars. List is filed under funstuff.
    -Found "oldskool" Norse (the time they were more Viking style) and gave them a own category instead of pushing them to the WoC.
    -Horrible Endtimes, now with their own category since I could not bear the sight of so many useles redshirst with all the others ;)
    -Overhaul and additions to Empire
    -some new VC and small new additions with others. Can't remember all.

Have still a buch of WoC, Skaven and some others lying around but since its no race, that pile today should be enough for now. Bad thing also that post#2 was "full", so I had to use the reserve space. i wonder if it would have been smarter to reserve a fourth :-/ Anyway, have fun.

------Red Dox
    Well done. The Grandmasters coming up? They are LLs right?

I would bet for one, the one of the Reiksgaurd, better know as Reiksmarshall Kurt Hellborg.
    The rest is simply... much further done the list.

If we get 20 LL for the Empire, sure, but I don't think we will get more than 5-7.
    SiWi said:

I would bet for one, the one of the Reiksgaurd, better know as Reiksmarshall Kurt Hellborg.

If we get 20 LL for the Empire, sure, but I don't think we will get more than 5-7.
    5 to 7 LL hmm
    Karl, Helborg, Gelt, Volkmar, von Draken (i'd like to have her in), Upgrade for Todbringer, Leitdorf... hmm... + normal Lords...

• Anubis259Anubis259 Senior Member AyrPosts: 399Registered Users
    edited November 2016
    This is who Id like to see when all is done:

Warriors of Chaos: Throgg the Troll king
    The Empire: Thyrus Gormann
    The Dwarfs: King Kazador
    Chaos Dwarfs: Drazhoath the Ashen
    Dark Elves: Malus Darkblade
    High Elves: Prince Tyrion
    Kislev: Tzarina Katarin
    Vampire Counts: The Red Duke
    The Tomb Kings: Arkhan the Black
    Skaven: Grey Seer Thanquol and Boneripper
    Orcs and Goblins: Gorbad Ironclaw
    MOB: Asus MAXIMUS VII RANGER
    CPU: Intel I5 4690K @ 4.5ghz
    GPU: Asus R9 290 DirectCU II OC
    RAM: Ripjaws X 1600mhz 8gb
    PSU: EVGA Supernova 850W
    OSY: Windows 10 64bit
    SiWi said:

Well the hope is that they will release the different Empire provinces as playable factions, or at least with unique roosters.

SiWi said:

Well the hope is that they will release the different Empire provinces as playable factions, or at least with unique roosters.
    Well there are two provinces I think hope is not wasted:
    Averland, since its Count Marius Leitdorf has 8th rules and model
    and Middenheim which has with Toddbringer pretty much the most prominent of the Counts, besides Marius and Karl Franz himself.

The rest have Counts which are pretty much nobodys, with official lore which doesn't cover a DIN4 page over even a back of a beermat.

Roasterwise, there isn't hat much to create real unique roaster for each province.
    More than 1-2 units are hardly more you get without getting really creative.
    Middenheim is here a except since the strong focus on Ulric even would allow for your own hero class. Teutonen Guard, ulric Swords (thou they are not that different from Empire Swordsmen) and the not exclusive but heavy associated White Wolfs makes Middenheim in terms of unique Roaster the best bet.
    Averland has a less exclusive unit variety, but rather what most other provinces cheer, a roaster attribute, instead of a real roaster.
    What's that?
    Well since Warhammer never got the 40k treatment of everyone and everything getting a own armybook, the provinces usually only got 1-2 distinctive trends amongs there forces.
    Wissenland is gunpowder heavy, Nordland uses often spear, Altdorf is rich and so on.

hardly something really describes real differences in units.
    In case of Averland we got two things:
    they are also rich and they breed the horses of the Empire.
    Hence you would assume that they have the Panthers Knights, which similar to the Blazing Suns have a Chapterhouse in the game, but not a single knight appearing till now.
    Beyond that, there isn't too much for Averland in it, if they aren't to include the halflings...
  • MoritasgusMoritasgus Posts: 744Registered Users
    Roasters and Roosters? What is this KFC chat?

Its Roster....
    http://www.thefreedictionary.com/roster
    SiWi said:

SiWi said:

Well there are two provinces I think hope is not wasted:
    Averland, since its Count Marius Leitdorf has 8th rules and model
    and Middenheim which has with Toddbringer pretty much the most prominent of the Counts, besides Marius and Karl Franz himself.

The rest have Counts which are pretty much nobodys, with official lore which doesn't cover a DIN4 page over even a back of a beermat.

Roasterwise, there isn't hat much to create real unique roaster for each province.
    More than 1-2 units are hardly more you get without getting really creative.
    Middenheim is here a except since the strong focus on Ulric even would allow for your own hero class. Teutonen Guard, ulric Swords (thou they are not that different from Empire Swordsmen) and the not exclusive but heavy associated White Wolfs makes Middenheim in terms of unique Roaster the best bet.
    Averland has a less exclusive unit variety, but rather what most other provinces cheer, a roaster attribute, instead of a real roaster.
    What's that?
    Well since Warhammer never got the 40k treatment of everyone and everything getting a own armybook, the provinces usually only got 1-2 distinctive trends amongs there forces.
    Wissenland is gunpowder heavy, Nordland uses often spear, Altdorf is rich and so on.

hardly something really describes real differences in units.
    In case of Averland we got two things:
    they are also rich and they breed the horses of the Empire.
    Hence you would assume that they have the Panthers Knights, which similar to the Blazing Suns have a Chapterhouse in the game, but not a single knight appearing till now.
    Beyond that, there isn't too much for Averland in it, if they aren't to include the halflings...
    Nuln, Altdorf, Stirland and Hochland has huge roasters (jk rosters :p)
  • mw51630mw51630 Member Posts: 1,593Registered Users
    You should probably scratch off Morghur now that he is confirmed for Beatsmen.
    In case of Grandmasters, I think I skip that roster for now. There are so many Knightly Orders...and it is kinda unlikley one of them has a chance for the spotlight. Best cases for Empire LLs are still the Electors, to get something different then Reikland running. Next best case is competition for Gelt, could be another Patriarch/Matriarch or maybe a "less powerful" mage from lore. If CA decides to take up a "surprise" LL that is lore wise a normal fighter and no ruler/leader (like Grombrindal), they probably go for Ludwig or Kurt first.

@Morghur, yeah should cross him off next time I edit something in that post ;)

And now I ask for help if possible, since I am no Loremaster regarding smelly pointy ears. In Naggaroth is a Highelf colony called "Arnheim"

I know that Maelkith eradicated them in 2522, which for TWW purpose is of no concern except maybe a campaign goal for Malekith ;) But so far I could not find any information on who leads that colony. Anyone knows any lore/campaign/novels/whatever that names a leader or at least some "special charakter" from Arnheim and can point me in the right direction?

And maybe interesting for Dwarf fans, Vermintide has a DLC coming up for Karak Azgaraz
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/463791/
    and lets players betatest one map this weekend
    http://promo.fatsharkgames.com/beta/
    https://steamcommunity.com/app/235540/discussions/1/152390014786580778/
    Interesting part is, that Karak is not on the 8th Dwarf armybook map. But could be found by other maps like
    http://www.gitzmansgallery.com/shdmotwow-full.html (north of Karak Norn).
    Seems to be a fully fledged WFRP Karak https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2011/5/16/thunder-in-the-mountains/
    Not sure if that Karak could pop up some day in TWW (minor map change needed to squish them in?), but it is a interesting option if speculating about DLC purpose.

-----Red Dox
    2.png 777K
    in case of Grandmasters:
    just make him a generic grand master and hten allow players to make him Grandmaster of a Specific knightly order (coming witha knihgtly order DLC, Imperial Foot, Knights of Morr (Mounted and on foot... they look bad ...) and so on...

And of course bring in Helborg

Karak Azgaraz is btw Skarsniks capital ingame iirc

Aww man, I knew that name sounded familar. Should have played more Skarsnik instead of hunting the last Stellaris Achievments in the past weeks ^^

------Red Dox
  • ArilouArilou Senior Member Posts: 632Registered Users
    Great list! Fun to see some of those (especially) Bretonnian characters. Ahh, all those corny references :p (Jeanne d'Arc, Robin Hood, etc.)
  • DalakhDalakh Senior Member FrancePosts: 1,937Registered Users
    Red Dox said:

And now I ask for help if possible, since I am no Loremaster regarding smelly pointy ears. In Naggaroth is a Highelf colony called "Arnheim"

I know that Maelkith eradicated them in 2522, which for TWW purpose is of no concern except maybe a campaign goal for Malekith ;) But so far I could not find any information on who leads that colony. Anyone knows any lore/campaign/novels/whatever that names a leader or at least some "special charakter" from Arnheim and can point me in the right direction?

You won't find anything on Arnheim. Basically all we know is that it's a Tiranoci colony. End of story.
    "We shall strike down our foes with sharp steel and cold hearts. The weak die so that the strong prevail and none shall be spared. Then and only then will our enemies know the true meaning of fear."

— Malekith, Witch King of Naggaroth