Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Wood Elves should get Amber from Quests

MerciiMercii Junior MemberRegistered Users Posts: 944
edited November 2016 in General Discussion
I thought I remembered Darren or someone mentioning you can get Amber from quest battles. Can anyone confirm?

Ssal came up with this awesome idea in another thread:
Ssal said:

Another option would be to get additional amber from quests that take place beyond the forest or hunting down key enemies of AL like the beastmen...

I think this is an amazing idea, and would love to confirm if you can in fact get Amber from random quests or if there is any chance CA can add this before release.

I think a rare chance to get Amber from random quests (perhaps 5-10) Amber rewards over the course of an average campaign would really fit the Wood Elves and make the whole Amber system much better.

Edit: Changed thread title as a couple of people have said you do get Amber from QBs
MercytheMad on Youtube
Post edited by Mercii on

Comments

• StephinceStephince Registered Users Posts: 2,880
    I approve of this idea.
  • stratigostratigo Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 265
    Maybe from quest battles
  • MerciiMercii Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 944
    I like the idea of the Wood Elves apparently randomly attacking other factions when they have a quest to do so, it just seems so Wood elf.

"Why did those Tree Squeekies just go all Wild Hunt on us?
    Dunno, I guess we cut a down a shrub or something?"

Would give you a reason to actually pay attention to the quests too.
    MercytheMad on Youtube
  • casticasti Registered Users Posts: 1
    Good idea. Bumped.
  • SkarbandSkarband Member Registered Users Posts: 593
    You already get amber from quest battles. Re watch the WE campaign gameplay.
  • St_AugustineSt_Augustine Registered Users Posts: 220
    Darren did say this.
    "Bow pilgrims, bow before the Wisdom of Asaph made flesh, the Voice of Vengeful, the Lioness of the Hills, She Whose Legions Blot Out the Sun With Their Arrows, High Queen Khalida, Guardian of Dammed Lahmia, the Watchfull Soul and The Serpent Queen" -Lich Priest Djubti

MUH TUMB KEENGS

"Caesar I was and am Justinian"
  • BillyRuffianBillyRuffian Moderator UKRegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 39,937
    It is mentioned again in today's twitch broadcast.

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

|Takeda| Yokota Takatoshi

Forum Terms and Conditions: - https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest

"We wunt be druv". iot6pc7dn8qs.png
  • lcmiraclelcmiracle Registered Users Posts: 116

Yes but do you loss amber from failing quests!?
  • BillyRuffianBillyRuffian Moderator UKRegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 39,937

I doubt that you can lose what you haven't gained.

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

|Takeda| Yokota Takatoshi

Forum Terms and Conditions: - https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest

"We wunt be druv". iot6pc7dn8qs.png
  • lcmiraclelcmiracle Registered Users Posts: 116

I doubt that you can lose what you haven't gained.
    The quests giveth to thy vaults, the quests taketh from thy vaults
    It's pretty cool that you can get Amber from quest battles but I think what @Ssal was suggesting was that some of the NORMAL randomn quests could gve you Amber.

The quest rewards are a bit boring in this game, didn't we used to get free units or ancilleries and stuff sometimes in previous total wars?
    MercytheMad on Youtube
  • karge068karge068 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,411
    Awesome idea, especially if during the wild hunt razing could give you extra amber.

That way you could play as Wood Elves do in the lore iirc: Burst out of Athel Loren form time to time, devastate and then return to the forest. An incentive to fight, but not to build a big empty empire of watchtowers.

I really hope CA implement this
    I'm guessing CA might be a bit wary of giving too much Amber too early and unbalancing the campaign. But I think a 1 Amber reward, rarely, a few times during the campaign would be ok.

I imagine it would be pretty easy (comparitively) to add some more exciting quest rewards like this and I think it would add quite a bit of replayability.

Units as rewards would be really cool too. A unit of pistoliers or something early in the campaign for example is way more exciting that 1000g or some +rep with a faction.
    MercytheMad on Youtube