Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Probably not near the priority list, but Id love to see these guys in game.

OneahOneah Senior MemberPosts: 120Registered Users
edited December 2016 in General Discussion
The Ogre Kingdoms! Just the idea of controlling a faction of mainly giant dudes, it would be kinda like playing the elephant only army in other total war games. I actually find their units to be really interesting and would be a really unique faction to play!

Just a couple of pictures:

They mount giant mammoths and use giant cannons for ranged weapons!

They also use a subspecie of goblins called the Gnoblars as slaves who are basically even weaker and more stupid than normal goblins.

Post edited by Oneah on

Comments

• SetrusSetrus Senior Member SwedenPosts: 17,692Registered Users
    They'll be in at some point, CA has said they wanted to do all the races even before release and by now their plans have grown. :)
  • ZerglesZergles Member Posts: 1,177Registered Users
    Ogres would be cool. Wouldn't all of their units be monsterous?
  • LangolierLangolier Junior Member Posts: 311Registered Users
    edited December 2016
    Zergle said:

I believe they have something called gnoblars that are like goblins but not nearly as hysterical more like sad oppressed goblins.... sad I know
    "Furthermore i believe that Carthage must be destroyed" - Cato the Elder
    Langolier said:

Zergle said:

I believe they have something called gnoblars that are like goblins but not nearly as hysterical more like sad oppressed goblins.... sad I know
    But aren't gnoblars more like snotlings? I guess I could do an army of malnourished dirt gits that make Gobbos look good.
  • Combat_WombatCombat_Wombat Posts: 3,073Registered Users
    Zergle said:

Langolier said:

Zergle said:

But aren't gnoblars more like snotlings? I guess I could do an army of malnourished dirt gits that make Gobbos look good.
    I suspect ogre kingdoms will work a lot like beastmen with great monstrous units and trash fodder infantry.
  • jamreal18jamreal18 Senior Member Posts: 6,048Registered Users
    edited December 2016

Take note, they are mammoth.... bigger than elephants...

Anyways, check out this thread.....
    https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/163706/ogres-speculation/p1
  • StephinceStephince Posts: 1,420Registered Users
    Ogre Kingdoms were in the early leak so the signs are good.
  • OneahOneah Senior Member Posts: 120Registered Users
    Stephince said:

what early leak? <.<
  • BadWoIfBadWoIf Junior Member Posts: 111Registered Users
    Ogre kingdoms would be awsome to see in the game, just imagine an entier army of those **** rushing towards you. interesting to see how they would be "balanced" of cause, I imagine they will just have very small units and it might work fine
  • WarlockeWarlocke Senior Member Posts: 1,686Registered Users
    edited December 2016
    Oneah said:

Stephince said:

what early leak? <.<</p>
    He is talking about the datamine (which is not a leak, but some people don't seem to know the difference).

In the TTW files, the Ogre Kingdoms are mentioned as the final DLC. These plans are subject to change, but it does show that including this faction in the game trilogy has been part of the plan.
    Post edited by Warlocke on
    I'm always this grumpy, so it is nothing personal.
  • OneahOneah Senior Member Posts: 120Registered Users
    Sorry guys, I finally figured out how to post images! :p
  • StephinceStephince Posts: 1,420Registered Users
    Leak, datamine, you say potato, I say potato etc
  • OrkfaellerOrkfaeller Senior Member Posts: 2,323Registered Users
    edited December 2016
    Zergle said:

Langolier said:

Zergle said:

Nope, Gnobblars are a breed of Goblins, but yeah, physically weaker than their old world counter parts.

Zergle said:

Langolier said:

Zergle said:

Nope, Gnobblars are a breed of Goblins, but yeah, physically weaker than their old world counter parts.

Snotlings are a breed of underdeveloped Greenskin though. And Gnoblars are closer to them than the regular Goblins. I may be mistaken, but the GS "birthing" order goes Squig, Snotling, (possibly Gnoblar) Goblin, Orc.
  • Lord_XelosLord_Xelos Posts: 1,354Registered Users
    Zergle said:

Snotlings are a breed of underdeveloped Greenskin though. And Gnoblars are closer to them than the regular Goblins. I may be mistaken, but the GS "birthing" order goes Squig, Snotling, (possibly Gnoblar) Goblin, Orc.

Say whaaat?

Squigs are cave mushrooms evolved into beasts and have absolutely nothing in common with greenskins (in terms of genetics). And gnoblars just like hobgoblins are basically goblins that live in specific regions thus evolved a bit different from their kind.

Here are the links, please read and don't create heresy...

http://warhammerfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Gnoblar

http://warhammerfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Hobgoblin
  • ShivaXShivaX Posts: 172Registered Users
    I mean... all greenskins are evolved mushrooms.