Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

What faction/land should be launched/available next?

KingHillisKingHillis Registered Users Posts: 1
edited December 2016 in General Discussion
MY OPINION
I personally believe that Albion should be the next faction that becomes available.
WHY ALBION?
I'm a big fan of England and their history. Albion is in a way "England" in my opinion. And I'd like to play as "England" in Warhammer. Fighting with France (Britonnia) had been cool.
Do you agree or disagree, any other suggestions?

Comments

• Arcani_4_Ever#4489Arcani_4_Ever#4489 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,813
    Albion is never going to be added.

Although technically CA does have skins to create a proper Albion faction (all the Celtic factions on Rome 2 and Atilla pretty much work the way Albion does)

The next faction is going to be Bretonnia and after that i am pretty sure the one we will get next is gonna be Tomb Kings.
  • SteppelordSteppelord Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,315
    I don't really care as long as it is a new race. Not another minor faction led by a Legendary Lord.
  • DalakhDalakh Senior Member FranceRegistered Users Posts: 1,937
    Well after Bretonnia I have a feeling the first expansion will follow, that is if game 3 is not only Chaos Deamons anymore. If game 3 is still the big four, then I say Tomb Kings.
    "We shall strike down our foes with sharp steel and cold hearts. The weak die so that the strong prevail and none shall be spared. Then and only then will our enemies know the true meaning of fear."

— Malekith, Witch King of Naggaroth
  • mw51630#6772mw51630#6772 Member Registered Users Posts: 2,200
    Albion is already on the map.

I want Kislev. Or game 2, with Lizardmen and more elves.
  • la1990la1990 Registered Users Posts: 20
    what does game 2 mean? new map? would the game 1 races still be playable in multiplayer?
  • Ice_cream#3641Ice_cream#3641 Registered Users Posts: 796
    la1990 said:

what does game 2 mean? new map? would the game 1 races still be playable in multiplayer?

Yes, all races will be playable in MP.
  • HerrickHerrick Registered Users Posts: 240
    I think game 3 would be: Tomb kings+Ogres+Chaos dwarfs+Araby
    Game 2 could be: Dark elves+high elves+lizardmen+ Skaven
  • Mr_Finley7#4571Mr_Finley7#4571 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 8,415
    I want a fleshed out Kislev with new units/characterization created by CA, and game mechanics to reflect their struggle to survive until the other order factions can send help.

But its true what they say about people in hell wanting ice water
  • Razmirth#5806Razmirth#5806 CalgaryRegistered Users Posts: 2,286
    I agree probably bretonnians will be added next; then probably dark or high elves. They haven't hinted at lizard men or tomb kings. Maybe skaven?? Although I'd be thrilled if they added chaos dwarves.
  • Lord_XelosLord_Xelos Registered Users Posts: 1,806
    edited December 2016

MY OPINION
    I personally believe that Albion should be the next faction that becomes available.
    WHY ALBION?
    I'm a big fan of England and their history. Albion is in a way "England" in my opinion. And I'd like to play as "England" in Warhammer. Fighting with France (Britonnia) had been cool.

You're wrong on so many levels it hurts. So first things first:
    a) In Warhammer Fantasy World the Brettonia is a faction based on Arthurian Mythology (Grail, Morgana, Sword in the Lake, etc. does it ring any bells?) not Albion. Albion is more of a Pagan Slavic/Celtic island, pretty wild for that matter. Closer to Loren forest then anything else in terms of Lore.

b) Albion is probably the most likely minor faction to appear in the game. Why? Because it never had a single model released by GW not a single White Dwarf Reference or any, even smallest piece of ruleset made. And even if You look by Warhammer Fantasy Role-Play Lore, there isn't much of a military presence on Albion at all. Just a wild island, closer to Ather Loren in terms of civilization but with more chaos influence.

c) If You just want some minor factions to be represented in Total War, I think most likely are:
    - Kislev,
    - Norscans,
    - Araby,
    - Imperial Sub-Factions,
    as all of them had rulesets at some point in time and models released as well.

d) If by any chance You found the Albion Armybook somewhere in web, it is a part of fan-made Armybook Series that also include Nippon (Japan), Cathay (China), Amazons (Maya) and several others, which sadly are copy-paste of GW-released factions units, just with different style.

e) As for officialy released information: next faction is Brettonia and then on of several things may happen:
    - Most likely would be Tomb Kings then Chaos Dwarfs then Ogre Kingdoms (as they were an present in datamined DLC list and they already have space for them in the game-map without expanding).
    - Less likely would be Expansion 1 (retardedly called game 2 for no reason) which will feature High Elves, Dark Elves, Lizardmen and most likely Skaven (as CA said they will release expansion with 4 factions).
  • TygereyeTygereye Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 192
    edited December 2016
    Herrick said:

I think game 3 would be: Tomb kings+Ogres+Chaos dwarfs+Araby
    Game 2 could be: Dark elves+high elves+lizardmen+ Skaven

Replace Araby (which will IMO be a non playable faction if ever made) with Deamons of Chaos and I'll totally agree with you.
    Post edited by Tygereye on
  • Neolucifer2000Neolucifer2000 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 956

MY OPINION
    WHY ALBION?

a) In Warhammer Fantasy World the Brettonia is a faction based on Arthurian Mythology (Grail, Morgana, Sword in the Lake, etc. does it ring any bells?) not Albion. Albion is more of a Pagan Slavic/Celtic island, pretty wild for that matter. Closer to Loren forest then anything else in terms of Lore.

b) Albion is probably the most likely minor faction to appear in the game. Why? Because it never had a single model released by GW not a single White Dwarf Reference or any, even smallest piece of ruleset made. And even if You look by Warhammer Fantasy Role-Play Lore, there isn't much of a military presence on Albion at all. Just a wild island, closer to Ather Loren in terms of civilization but with more chaos influence.

c) If You just want some minor factions to be represented in Total War, I think most likely are:
    - Kislev,
    - Norscans,
    - Araby,
    - Imperial Sub-Factions,
    as all of them had rulesets at some point in time and models released as well.

d) If by any chance You found the Albion Armybook somewhere in web, it is a part of fan-made Armybook Series that also include Nippon (Japan), Cathay (China), Amazons (Maya) and several others, which sadly are copy-paste of GW-released factions units, just with different style.

e) As for officialy released information: next faction is Brettonia and then on of several things may happen:
    - Most likely would be Tomb Kings then Chaos Dwarfs then Ogre Kingdoms (as they were an present in datamined DLC list and they already have space for them in the game-map without expanding).
    - Less likely would be Expansion 1 (retardedly called game 2 for no reason) which will feature High Elves, Dark Elves, Lizardmen and most likely Skaven (as CA said they will release expansion with 4 factions).
    The only Reference made to Albion in the game is "the dark emmisary of Albion" who actually is a Dog of war with a model and everypthing...but he is actually more of a Chaos Beastmen who fights for whoever gives him money and of course spread some chaos while he is at it

Demand more love for Empire and Beastmen! Playable Middenland with Cult of Ulric! Built-in RoR like Hochland Long Rifles and Knightly orders! Doombull, Wargor, Ghorgon, Jabberslythe, Tuskboar chariot and God-specific Gors! #MakeOldWorldGreatAgain
  • MrMecHMrMecH Registered Users Posts: 2,415
    edited December 2016
    1. Highelves. They have shared a lot of model with Woodelves. Great eagle and Sisters of thorn are already exist in the game as well, so saving the budget very much.
    2. Darkelves. Same as Highelves. Harpies are already exist in the game too. They are Highelves rival, so They should come together.
    3. Lizardman. They have to exist in the same map with Highelves and Darkelves. Dinosaur tribe is very hard to create but I believe CA can do it.
    4. Tombking. Their infantry and cavalry can copy from Vampire skeleton units easily.

The other is absolutly unique faction that have to develop from start.
    SHUT UP GIVE US GHORGON!!!!!

• WarlockeWarlocke Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,083
    edited December 2016

MY OPINION
    WHY ALBION?

Actually, I am afraid that it is you who is wrong. Most of what we consider the major parts of Arthurian legend today are actually French in origin (The Holy Grail, Lancelot, Guinevere ((in her contemporary form)), knights, chivalry), with these stories being popularized in the 12th century through the court of French and later British queen, Eleanor of Aquitaine. Brettonia is based on this Francofied Arthurian legend, while Albion is based on the "Celtic" (the application of that term is disputed by historians), pre-Roman/pre-Saxon Britain, when it was the wilderness frontier of Europe.

Here is some stuff from the Warhammer wiki. I don't know the veracity of all of this info as I am not a loremaster by any stretch, but the name part is definitely correct:

http://warhammerfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Albion

Albion is an ancient name for Britain. Albion's society and civilization are based on Celtic era Britain.
    The Truthsayers are sometimes described as druids and appear to be modeled on the romantic portrayals of these priests.
    The saying "It always rains in Albion" is an exaggeration of a modern British saying.
    "Ogham" is the name of the Druids' written language, used in the Iron Age.
    "Curious Gesar, First Citizen of Remas" is likely a tribute to Julius Caesar, the one-time dictator of the Roman Republic. Gesar's exploit in Albion runs parallel to Julius Caesar's invasions of Britain in 55 and 54 BC.
    ò_ó
  • Razmirth#5806Razmirth#5806 CalgaryRegistered Users Posts: 2,286
    Warlocke said:

MY OPINION
    WHY ALBION?

Actually, I am afraid that it is you who is wrong. Most of what we consider the major parts of Arthurian legend today are actually French in origin (The Holy Grail, Lancelot, Guinevere ((in her contemporary form)), knights, chivalry), with these stories being popularized in the 12th century through the court of French and later British queen, Eleanor of Aquitaine. Brettonia is based on this Francofied Arthurian legend, while Albion is based on the "Celtic" (the application of that term is disputed by historians), pre-Roman/pre-Saxon Britain, when it was the wilderness frontier of Europe.

Here is some stuff from the Warhammer wiki. I don't know the veracity of all of this info as I am not a loremaster by any stretch, but the name part is definitely correct:

http://warhammerfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Albion

Albion is an ancient name for Britain. Albion's society and civilization are based on Celtic era Britain.
    The Truthsayers are sometimes described as druids and appear to be modeled on the romantic portrayals of these priests.
    The saying "It always rains in Albion" is an exaggeration of a modern British saying.
    "Ogham" is the name of the Druids' written language, used in the Iron Age.
    "Curious Gesar, First Citizen of Remas" is likely a tribute to Julius Caesar, the one-time dictator of the Roman Republic. Gesar's exploit in Albion runs parallel to Julius Caesar's invasions of Britain in 55 and 54 BC.

*Grabs popcorn and waits*
  • DeuzerreDeuzerre Member Registered Users Posts: 939
    Lustria, with the Skaven and the Lizardmen being the two main protagonists, some Empire and norse settlements for very hard campaigns.
  • ChaosDragonBornChaosDragonBorn Registered Users Posts: 1,487

MY OPINION
    WHY ALBION?

Norsca tries to conquer Albion too, but they could never do it. Albion could play a nice role in the campaign. But I think Skaven is next.
  • Mohawk_RoshiMohawk_Roshi Registered Users Posts: 1,767
    @Lord_Xelos you had so much in every point you made there was something wrong with what you said. Quit being rude and let the OP dream. He asked who you hope to see not for you to pretend you actually know your lore.

I doubt we'll see Albion because it was shrunk down so much. It would be cool to see though. Personally I hope for Tilea. Borgio the Besieger is the most interesting man in the Old Worlde and the mercenary armies have so much flavor. If I could have anything it would be an old style culture pack with Tilea Kislev and let's say Middenland (the most different empire Provence). Then have Bretonnia as the fourth for FLC. You could call it the realms of man. And that would still take less work than Skaven or Tomb Kings. Just sayin.
    A WIZARD SHOULD KNOW BETTER!
  • urbanmechurbanmech Registered Users Posts: 1,239
    Why is Albion 'England' instead of 'Scotland' or 'Wales' or 'Ireland'?
  • Commissar_G#7535Commissar_G#7535 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 15,826

Yeah the idea that Norman culture isn't also English culture doesn't make sense to me.
    MarcusLivius: You are indeed a lord of entitlement.
  • #902441#902441 Registered Users Posts: 7,489

MY OPINION
    WHY ALBION?

As an Englishman, thank you very kindly for that.

Bretonnia is probably the closest you're going to get to an "English" faction. A mishmash of feudal England and France with a name to match (Breton/Britannia) and a mix of Cockney and Monty Python Frenchman accents.

From what I read of "Albion" it's meant to be a Britain pre-Anglo-Saxon invasion, so probably not really much to do with us English who are a mix of the original inhabitants and the Germanic tribes.

Personally, I'm hoping for Neferata and Silver Pinnacle, although it's hard to see how she would really work in this game, as she's more a behind-the-scenes chapess than a conqueror.
    If not her, perhaps Nagash. Anything to wipeout the Dwarves who in my last campaign waited until I'd exhausted myself fighting Chaos and wiped my Vampires out.
    I'm still bitter..
    For in spite of all temptations. To belong to other nations. He remains an Englishman.
  • GaussiaGaussia Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,260
    I'd say Kislev. Compared to the alternatives it would be a smaller DLC (perfect after the bigger WE one). Also help fill out the map they already got before expanding it.

They could also combine it with some improvements to the Chaos invasion which is sorely needed.
  • Red_Dox#2328Red_Dox#2328 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 6,476
    Albion from GW perspective in a nutshell

Dark Shadows campaign Booklet

Bologs & Cachtorr

http://i.imgur.com/batwC1W.png

Truthsayer

Dark Emmisary

Fenbeast

I highly doubt we will see it sometime as a "own minor faction", like the fan made 8th edition armybook here
    http://warhammerarmiesproject.blogspot.de/ suggests.
    I would consider however a (narrative) campaign DLC some day.

-----Red Dox
  • Lord_XelosLord_Xelos Registered Users Posts: 1,806
    Of course in case of Albion I meant to write "least likely". Hope that was obvious from context, sorry from mistake :P
  • Combat_WombatCombat_Wombat Registered Users Posts: 4,092
    Albion I see most as a setting for a minicampaign since literally almost every major faction went there at about the same time.
  • obippoobippo Member Registered Users Posts: 2,686
    Kislev would be nice and would spice a bit the north. You can't play anything up there, only chaos and their campaign is a boring chore.
    Always be aware when a Content Refusing Troll Brigade (CRTB) representative is near. Contact your local Witch Hunter for further info.

• lcmiracle#6727lcmiracle#6727 Registered Users Posts: 1,020
    Albion is very, very... I guess Celtic? Which is fine I suppose.

But there are only half naked natives in loincloth and credibly inbred giants (even more so than the normal ones), and as @Red_Dox pointed out, all that's available to them were the Truthsayers and the Dark Emmisarries, the Albion Giants and the Fenbeasts, as allies and mercenaries. It's not really a good faction to make to match up against the rest of the main factions -- although to be fair, what Albion would bring is an essentially improved Norsca roster with a few monsters in it.

In which case... I'd just sit here a wait for Chaos Ogres, Chaos Warshrines, and hopefully Chimeras, Multalith Vortex Beasts and Slaughterbrutes too. No doubt the God-specific marauder units would help too.

Yeah the idea that Norman culture isn't also English culture doesn't make sense to me.
    Because the Normans were French (well, the descendants of vikings who settled in France and adopted the culture and married local noblewomen). The culture of the Normans eventually fused with English culture, making a new English culture, but at the time they spoke and acted French, and certainly did not consider themselves English.

Albion is actually Great Britain (literally, that is what the name refers to in the real world), so England + Scotland + Wales. No Ireland.

ò_ó
  • Combat_WombatCombat_Wombat Registered Users Posts: 4,092
    Warlocke said:

Because the Normans were French (well, the descendants of vikings who settled in France and adopted the culture and married local noblewomen). The culture of the Normans eventually fused with English culture, making a new English culture, but at the time they spoke and acted French, and certainly did not consider themselves English.

Albion is actually Great Britain (literally, that is what the name refers to in the real world), so England + Scotland + Wales. No Ireland.

It's more like England back when the Romans first made a trip over. Lots of shamans and spooky druidness

Warlocke said:

It's more like England back when the Romans first made a trip over. Lots of shamans and spooky druidness
    I am not quite sure what you are saying here. For one, I already mentioned that Albion is based on pre-Roman Britain. For the other, Britain and England are not the same thing. Great Britain is the island called Britannia by the Romans and Albion by the Greeks. There was no "England" when the Romans came to Great Britain, as England was established in the 10th century.
    ò_ó