Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Wood Elves - Coop Campaign

DaRowlStarDaRowlStar Registered Users Posts: 5
Hi Guys

I have been a reader of these forums for a long while but I have always been too lazy to post anything lol

But I have just started a grand campaign coop campaign with me playing as Durthu and my friend playing as Orion and it has forced me to come actually come onto these forums and post something.

Correct me if I wrong here but the Oak of Ages is pretty central to the Wood Elves game play, isn't it?

So why is it that when you are both playing as the Wood Elves whoever plays as Durthu doesn't has access to the tree and any of the factionwide bonuses it confers? While the person who plays as Orion gets sole access.

This seems like quite a major issue since without the Oak you can't confederate, don't get an upkeep reduction and have no real way to deal with Vampiric or Chaos Corruption.

Is this intended or is it more of a bug? Should I move this post to a different part of this forum?

Comments

• Galak56Galak56 Registered Users Posts: 131
    I believe they both have access though? I could at least upgrade the oak as Durthu (hovered over it specifically to check during my campaign).
  • Stephince#6150Stephince#6150 Registered Users Posts: 3,411
    Get your filthy er treehands off my tree!
  • DaRowlStarDaRowlStar Registered Users Posts: 5
    Galak56 said:

I believe they both have access though? I could at least upgrade the oak as Durthu (hovered over it specifically to check during my campaign).

Strange...were you playing a coop campaign and the other player was Orion?
    Stephince said:

Get your filthy er treehands off my tree!

Never, as a tree I have a right to chat to the Oak! He is a good guy!

Some of my best friends are Oaks :)
  • LordDrakonusLordDrakonus Registered Users Posts: 6
    edited December 2016
    I'm having an issue where I'm not gaining amber from my coop ally he's playing vampire counts
    Any one else having this issue?
  • evian_waterevian_water Registered Users Posts: 5

I'm having an issue where I'm not gaining amber from my coop ally he's playing vampire counts

I'm also having this issue.

Another bug, if someone could confirm: in head-to-head (maybe also in coop?) I made a military alliance with the other player, I did not get the military access treaty, I was trespassing even though I was allied...

I know about that one. That one actually is intended!

Not sure I think it is a good idea but that's a different a story.

Basically actual players are excluded from giving you amber, I think it says this on the bottom of the how to play Wood Elves when you start up a single player campaign (a weird place to put it lol)

The more important question is how you could ally the forest with that bloody sucking abomination! ;)
  • evian_waterevian_water Registered Users Posts: 5

I know about that one. That one actually is intended!

Not sure I think it is a good idea but that's a different a story.

Basically actual players are excluded from giving you amber, I think it says this on the bottom of the how to play Wood Elves when you start up a single player campaign (a weird place to put it lol)

The more important question is how you could ally the forest with that bloody sucking abomination! ;)
    You're right actually, I saw that there too. It's weird that the interface still says that you'll gain amber.
    Mutual hate of border princes
    I'm not sure why it isn't shown when you start a coop campaign, since surely that would be more helpful? But hey ho...

Certainly a bit funky that the interface tells you that you are getting it. Maybe that could do with an update?

Mutual hate of border princes

And who says hate doesn't bring people together? ;)
  • Taiona#5719Taiona#5719 Registered Users Posts: 9
    I am having this issue as well. Without the upkeep reduction I can't even get a full 20 stack army. That tree needs to at least give the upkeep to Duruthu in the co-op campaign.

Probably just a day one bug, but it would be nice if they could fix this ASAP.

Thanks.
  • twwatcher#9628twwatcher#9628 Registered Users Posts: 2,727
    Think its by design, talked about in first twitch stream on WE's. Its about 33 mins in:

https://youtu.be/EQ0XIhpsejA
  • #940261#940261 Registered Users Posts: 1,422
    I don't know about Grand Campaign, but in co-op "Very Hard" minicampaign Durthu is stuck with negative public order, because he does not get the Oak of Ages bonuses.
  • Ardralis#6569Ardralis#6569 Registered Users Posts: 198
    Have to say the design for co-op is very bad even from Orions point of view as the elf player gets no amber from durthu and vice versa.

With the no amber from human allies for military alliances in co-op you are pretty much forced to wipe out the humans and dwarves surrounding atel loren to get outposts to feed the amber monster, even then the player using orion needs alot more amber than durthu.

But at the same time durthu is hurting to even field 20 units.

Needs a redesign for co-op play bigtime.
  • TayvarTayvar Registered Users Posts: 12,455
    I guess that Durthu is not getting the Oak of Ages bonuses because of some Total War's design limitation, and he should at least have some alternative bonuses in cooperative games. Also I think that not getting amber from Non-AI allies was an bad idea.