Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Argwylon campaign issue with alliances

TheCustardPierTheCustardPier Posts: 1Registered Users
edited December 2016 in Campaign & Battle Bugs
Total War: Warhammer
Build Number: v1.5.0 build 12678.0

Description: Hi, I'm having trouble in progressing with the Argwylon campaign: during my turn, after upgrading the Oak of Ages to level 5, beastmen appear, and that's fine. What is not fine is that, despite of having 13 amber and having spent 12 for the Oak, immediatly after the beastmen spawning I found myself with -27 amber: then I realize that my dwarf allies have abandoned me, but without any reason (diplomatic relations were excelent), any message, and in addition DURING MY TURN, which makes me suspect of a bug.

Reproduction steps:
  1. upgrade the oak of ages to level five
  2. realize that something is wrong with amber...
I attach the .save file, thank you in advance.

PS: I had no mods enabled, now I completely removed all of them but the problem persists.

Comments

• CA_ChristosCA_Christos Junior Member Posts: 254Registered Users
    Hi there - I have had confirmation from the developers that this is working as intended. The three factions that abandon you are all Dwarves - they have a very high Treachery value, and as such when the player has a powerful enemy (such as the Beastmen) approach them, the Dwarves will decide not to follow you. Our lesson of the day from the Lead Designer is: "Never cross Dwarves. They hold grudges and they appreciate loyalty."
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." - Hunter S. Thompson

• UppslitarenUppslitaren Junior Member Posts: 491Registered Users
    edited December 2016

Hi there - I have had confirmation from the developers that this is working as intended. The three factions that abandon you are all Dwarves - they have a very high Treachery value, and as such when the player has a powerful enemy (such as the Beastmen) approach them, the Dwarves will decide not to follow you. Our lesson of the day from the Lead Designer is: "Never cross Dwarves. They hold grudges and they appreciate loyalty."

Dwarfs seem like a-holes, if they appricate loyalty, but as soon as you get a dangerous enemy they abandon you :),
This discussion has been closed.