Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Morghur's second appearance broke my military alliance with Durthu for no reason (still >80 favor)

reismj88reismj88 Posts: 1Registered Users
As the title describes, I was at turn 117 as Morgur appeared for the second time. At this point, I had a stable military alliance with Durthu, who had ~14 provinces. Favor was at 80, with no negatives. Morghur shows up, does his waterfall intro, and then boom - I'm at -10 amber because my military alliance with Durthu broke for no good reason.

I'm now completely stuck because I'm at -10 amber, cannot re-initiate a military alliance with Durthu (I've tried), and I can't wage war against him without replenishment. At turn 117, this really sucks. If there was any reason for the alliance breaking, or any indication that it would, I'd be able to avoid this situation.

I believe this is a bug, since it doesn't seem at all logical.

Comments

• ITA_Vae_VictisITA_Vae_Victis Senior Member ItalyPosts: 1,421Registered Users
    edited December 2016
    The first time I played the mini-campaign as Orion, at the first appearance of Morghur ALL the confining elven factions instantly declared war on me, "as requested by the Brayherd of the Shadowgave" (something like this was written in the war declaration message for all of them).

This didn't happen in a second playthrough.
  • BerliozBerlioz ItalyPosts: 195Registered Users
    maybe it s scripted to be like this i ve noticed something like that happened to me too but the wars ended quickly

"as requested by the Brayherd of the Shadowgave" (something like this was written in the war declaration message for all of them).

This didn't happen in a second playthrough.

• AardwolfAardwolf Posts: 234Registered Users
    edited December 2016
    This has happened to me twice during my current playthrough... The first time it happened I was at a deficit of -1 amber, so I thought I should be able to recover. I was rather puzzled by the lack of explanation as to why the minor WE faction broke the alliance, but I let it slide. I am currently at a deficit of -11 thanks to Durthu's faction also cancelling all positive treaties barring military access and trade. Both times it had happened to me after declaring to help that ally with their newly declared war. After the 'choose sides' screen disappears, so does the alliance with the faction whom I just supported! Definitely a bug @CA support... Halp! :s
    For Sigmar! For Karl Franz! For the Empire!
    Team Empire!
    Baaaaaaagh!
    Team Beastmen!

Check out my list of tactics (WIP) for some tactical manoeuvres and youtube channels covering tactics in Total War games:
    https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/178520/advanced-tactics-discussion