Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Need some info before I submit a bug report...

AardwolfAardwolf Registered Users Posts: 228
Hi guys, so while playing the mini campaign I've come across a campaign ruining bug(?) twice now... When my military ally declares war or is attacked, and I choose this ally's side in the war, I lose military alliance, non aggression pact, and military access with that ally, leaving my with nothing but a trade route with that ally and a massive amber deficit... Has anybody else come across this in either the SoR mini campaign or the GC as I've explained it above?

I want to submit a report but I want to find out if it's a common thing. I have several mods but non change anything to do with diplomacy that I know of...

My mods:
Moar Boar Variation
Sebidee's Unique Regiments of Renown
Beastmen: Regular Ambush Battle Maps
Olympian Campaign Camera
Improved Weather Colors
Beastmen Raid Stance Replenishment
More Horse Variations
Beastmen Banner Color Change
Valuable Veterans
UI Unit Markers
More Skill Points
Black Armor for Karl Franz
Chaos Cosmetics 2.0
Building Progression Icons
Cataph's Chaos Steeds Resized
Cataph's Greenskins Teef Currency
Better Camera Mod
Animated Combat (Vanilla Move)
Better, Thicker Smoke Mod
Black, Black Orcs
Varied Zombies
Home Region Movement Bonus
For Sigmar! For Karl Franz! For the Empire!
Team Empire!
Baaaaaaagh!
Team Beastmen!

Check out my list of tactics (WIP) for some tactical manoeuvres and youtube channels covering tactics in Total War games:
https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/178520/advanced-tactics-discussion

Comments

• TheGhostOfProman16TheGhostOfProman16 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,749
    That's a lot of mods you have running there.

Have you tried turning off all your mods and seeing if the problem persists
    Died during the great YOYO wars
  • CraigCACraigCA Creative Assembly CA's DungeonModerators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff Posts: 3,135
    edited December 2016
    Unfortunately we won't be able to help too much because modded saves will actually crash if we load them internally using debug code, so we can't jump into the game and see if anything has gone wrong. If you can reproduce it without the mods let us know and throw a save game at someone. We'd be able to step into it and debug what's happening then.

As to whether or not it's a common thing, I don't believe it is. Choosing to join your ally in the war and it cancelling your alliance doesn't sound correct. Your allies might decide to break the alliance when you declare a war, but it should never break when you choose to join theirs.
    Senior Designer on Total War

Formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of Creative Assembly or SEGA.
  • AardwolfAardwolf Registered Users Posts: 228
    edited December 2016
    Thanks for the answer @CraigCA. I'll see if it happens in an unmodded campaign and follow through from there if it persists.

The main problem with getting it to happen again is that it's pretty much a couple of hours in before it happens, and I don't have much time to try multiple campaigns to get this to recreate, so I'll do so slowly but surely, rather than swiftly. Also, I don't play with many saves and quicksave out of habit after every action, and so I didn't have any saves to roll back to after the alliance disappeared, I'll have to start a new campaign :s ...

But again, thanks for the answers, I'll be sure to follow your advice for next time I have time to burn...
    For Sigmar! For Karl Franz! For the Empire!
    Team Empire!
    Baaaaaaagh!
    Team Beastmen!

Check out my list of tactics (WIP) for some tactical manoeuvres and youtube channels covering tactics in Total War games:
    https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/178520/advanced-tactics-discussion