Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Regiment of Renown Balancing

MukipMukip Posts: 576Registered Users
edited December 2016 in Balancing Discussions
I like CA's baby-step balancing approach. In the last patch the accuracy buffs to RoR missile units and the nerf to Broken Tusks was appreciated (perhaps slightly heavy-handed).

I'm interested to hear what people think about:
*Sternsmen
*Claw of Nagash
*Grumbling Guard
*Dragonback Slayers
*Royal Altdorf Gryphites

Because I see them all the time and they are clearly quite good. They seem to be widely considered as auto-include choices. Nerf?

Maybe the most used RoR could go up by 25-50 in price and least used could go down by that amount.

Comments

• wingren013wingren013 Posts: 883Registered Users
    I don't think the Sternsmen are so good they need a nerf. They aren't really OP just goid enough that you will almost always pick them. The Gryphites could maybe use +100 cost as could the Claw though. Not sure about the Dwarf ones.
  • HeroofRome1HeroofRome1 Member Posts: 1,615Registered Users

I don't think the Sternsmen are so good they need a nerf. They aren't really OP just goid enough that you will almost always pick them. The Gryphites could maybe use +100 cost as could the Claw though. Not sure about the Dwarf ones.

Gryphites are too expensive to require a nerf - it's a big investment that many factions can shut down. e.g dwarfs with cannons or GS with Foot of Gork and boar boy big uns.
    Team Rome, Team Byzantium, Team Dwarfs, Team Empire, Team Bretonnia Team Grim, Team elf slayers, Team Belegar.
  • MukipMukip Posts: 576Registered Users
    I should add the Gob Lobber to the list too. 100 gold for a leadership debuff and triple gold chevron veterancy means that it needs a cost increase not that RoR get accuracy buffs.
  • Thorien_KellThorien_Kell Senior Member Posts: 1,529Registered Users
    Most of mentioned units are quite good, none requires the nerf and RoR boar bigguns need -100 gold reducing cause they were overnerfed (thnx busa! -JK ; )

One you've missed are rusty arrers, exceptionally good unit. Also, militia RoR from empire, very solid, many models and AP. Silver bullets also, in fact, all empire RoR units are good, especially infantry.