Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Clear Screen Key

BLUCHERBLUCHER Senior MemberCheshire UKPosts: 787Registered Users
On more recent Total War packages, by pressing the "K" key, it is possible to remove all of the cards and other icons leaving a clear screen of the battlefield in Tactical View.
I have gone through my Napoleon TW Manual (original paper version) and not found an equivalent mapped Key on the Keyboard to do the same job. Can anyone tell me if there is in fact a key to do this so that I get a photo image which purely shows the troops on the ground, or is it possible to allocate a key to do this

Comments

• GoslingGosling Senior Member Posts: 1,887Registered Users
    Doesn't exist for the earlier TW games.
    "I'm gonna stomp 'em to dust. I'm gonna grind their bones. I'm gonna burn down dere towns and cities. I'm gonna pile 'em up inna big fire and roast 'em. I'm gonna bash heads, break faces, and jump up and down on the bits that are left.

An' den I'm gonna get really mean."

Grimgor Ironhide, Black Orc Warboss.
  • BLUCHERBLUCHER Senior Member Cheshire UKPosts: 787Registered Users
    Thanks for letting me know that Gosling. Means I have not been missing it when looking.
    I still wonder though if there could be a MOD or similar developed to achieve this.
    BLUCHER1 said:

Thanks for letting me know that Gosling. Means I have not been missing it when looking.
    I still wonder though if there could be a MOD or similar developed to achieve this.

I doubt that there's a mod.
    "I'm gonna stomp 'em to dust. I'm gonna grind their bones. I'm gonna burn down dere towns and cities. I'm gonna pile 'em up inna big fire and roast 'em. I'm gonna bash heads, break faces, and jump up and down on the bits that are left.

Gosling said:

BLUCHER1 said:

I doubt that there's a mod.
    Just a quick message to let you know I stumbled upon the way to clear the screen. It is achieved using keys F5 F6 and F7 to do the necessary, then you get a lovely cinematic appearance. Give it a try mate.
    It isn't a mod but I shall try. Thanks.

I know its not a mod. I was going through the handbook that came with the original boxed game and I found it in the key settings already programmed into the game.
    I have since also discovered that you can remove a lot of the desktop in Empire TW as well but you have to first pause the game and then go into the game settings to remove the ticks asking for these items to be displayed.

My only regret is that I dont know how to write macros, then maybe I could program the game to switch the desktop on and off with one key press like for the more modern TWs.