Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Chaos corruption how does it aid you when playing as Chaos?

BoldElfBoldElf Posts: 186Registered Users
Hi guys and Girls I was wondering

How does chaos corruption help you when playing as Chaos as there is no way to see via the UI?

I would like this to be changed so when playing as the Warriors of Chaos or Beastmen you can see the pros and cons of chaos/vampire corruption. But for now does anyone know exactly what buffs if any you get as chaos via corruption and at what percentages? and have proof of this?

You can see the nerfs (attrition) and buffs ( replenishment) Chaos get when playing as anyone who can have towns e.g. Empire. But are these the same when you are playing as the Warrirors of Chaos or Beastmen? If so there seems to be no indication e.g. as Archeon I encamp in a region with 75%+ chaos corruption and there are no bonus replenishment signs on a replenishing units - unit card. The only time I have seen bonus replenishment is from awakened tribes or when you are in the top right of the map (the Chaos Wastes).

So is it only the AI who get buffs from corruption? And When playing as Chaos you only get the benefit of the corruption causing attrition to non chaos units?

P.s. I would like to see better information regarding things like this in the future e.g. which units are classed as large (have it displayed on their unit card) as some are a bit of a gray area and also exactly which units get buffs from research e.g. the green skins spear buff. it looks like its just for basic goblin units but it says spear units so does this include orc boar boy biggens for example as their weapons look like spears.

Comments

• daelin4daelin4 Senior Member Posts: 16,158Registered Users
    I can only assume the bonuses given to Chaos armies are the same whether you play as them or as anyone else.

But you are correct, it is not really possible to see what bonuses are in effect because you don't own any settlements.

It is easier to categorize what units aren't Large: pretty much anything that's not conventional infantry, characters or artillery are Large units.

Unit models holding spears do not actually tell them as spearmen; it's if they have bonuses vs. Large that determines that role. Goblin Spearmen for example are not true spearmen because they lack all the statistical attributes that make them actual spearmen- as a result they suck even against cavalry. They're not spearmen but dirt cheap yet nearly useless little green gits with poking sticks.

Corrected action is the most sincere form of apology.
  • MadmanMoMadmanMo Posts: 42Registered Users
    edited January 2017
    I think the replenishment effects are bugged to only occur in friendly territory, or the encamp stance is setting replenishment to 10% rather than enabling replenishment with a baseline of 10%.

I noticed the same thing in my last Chaos campaign, where the amount of corruption didn't seem to change my rate of replenishment at all.

Funnily enough, corruption increasing replenishment would actually go a long way to making the Chaos campaign feel a lot better.

Looking at the database via the Assembly Kit, it looks like its SUPPOSED to increase replenishment.

I think a similar bug would be affecting vampires too, its just harder to notice because you can claim land of your own, whereas Chaos can only get friendly territory from allies/vassals.
    Post edited by MadmanMo on
  • BoldElfBoldElf Posts: 186Registered Users
    daelin4 said:

I can only assume the bonuses given to Chaos armies are the same whether you play as them or as anyone else.

But you are correct, it is not really possible to see what bonuses are in effect because you don't own any settlements.

It is easier to categorize what units aren't Large: pretty much anything that's not conventional infantry, characters or artillery are Large units.

Unit models holding spears do not actually tell them as spearmen; it's if they have bonuses vs. Large that determines that role. Goblin Spearmen for example are not true spearmen because they lack all the statistical attributes that make them actual spearmen- as a result they suck even against cavalry. They're not spearmen but dirt cheap yet nearly useless little green gits with poking sticks.

I can get that but for example are orc big guns classed as large? or is grimgore at least as in the lore he is meant to be about the size of a troll?

I just checked the exact term for this tek which is called Betta Stikkas is "Weapon strength: +10% for Greenskin units with spears" so while that does include standard goblins as they say spear infantry I am not sure what else has a spear like I said orc boar boy bigguns seem to carry spear like weapons but not sure if it is classed as a spear.
    MadmanMo said:

I think the replenishment effects are bugged to only occur in friendly territory, or the encamp stance is setting replenishment to 10% rather than enabling replenishment with a baseline of 10%.

I noticed the same thing in my last Chaos campaign, where the amount of corruption didn't seem to change my rate of replenishment at all.

Funnily enough, corruption increasing replenishment would actually go a long way to making the chaos Chaos campaign feel a lot better.

Looking at the database via the Assembly Kit, it looks like its SUPPOSED to increase replenishment.

I think a similar bug with be affecting vampires too, its just harder to notice because you can claim land on your own.

Has anyone bugged this in the forums do you know?
  • daelin4daelin4 Senior Member Posts: 16,158Registered Users
    BoldElf said:

I can get that but for example are orc big guns classed as large? or is grimgore at least as in the lore he is meant to be about the size of a troll?

I just checked the exact term for this tek which is called Betta Stikkas is "Weapon strength: +10% for Greenskin units with spears" so while that does include standard goblins as they say spear infantry I am not sure what else has a spear like I said orc boar boy bigguns seem to carry spear like weapons but not sure if it is classed as a spear.

I do not believe Big 'Un infantry are Large or Monstrous, and a number of threads all over the net say the same. As far as I am concerned, if it's got the same number of men in a typical infantry unit (Monsters will have slightly smaller unit size), it's infantry, and not Large or cavalry.

My reasoning is this: there are many units with damage bonus vs. Large or Cavalry, and I would think such units would end up being considerably powerful against a unit like Orc Big 'Uns in a manner CA does not intend; if they are regular infantry there are no such issues.

If I recall correctly the consensus of some people is that Boar Big 'Uns are not spear units despite holding spears. Like I said, the fact that a unit is holding a polarm doesn't mean it's got the statistical bonsues against particular units that spearmen are supposed to represent; like Goblin spear units, Orc Boar Boy Big 'Uns wouldn't be spear cavalry. And if I had to guess, I'd say they are holding spears because they'd look too familar to regular Orc Boar Boyz, which are sword armed.

Corrected action is the most sincere form of apology.
  • MadmanMoMadmanMo Posts: 42Registered Users
    BoldElf said:

MadmanMo said:

..snip..

Has anyone bugged this in the forums do you know?
    I think I saw at least one thread in the bug forum talking about Chaos replenishment.

Its difficult to test as well, as there is no visibility on what your replenishment rate is (or what it means).

If I get a skill that says it "Increases replenishment by 4%" does that mean an additional 4% of my total troops will replenish each turn? Or is it 104% of my current replenishment rate.

I'd love to get some clarity on how the mechanic works exactly, and if its all additive or multiplicative (or a mixture of the two).
  • Combat_WombatCombat_Wombat Posts: 3,992Registered Users
    CA doesn't do a great job at putting numbers in where they matter sometimes.
    Did this ever get fixed? I can't remember if I read about it in a patch note at some point or not.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file