Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Estalia faction speculation discussion

Comments

• JungleElfJungleElf Posts: 797Registered Users
    edited April 2017
    That is from a semi-canon source.
    Post edited by JungleElf on
  • Berg_Of_The_WestBerg_Of_The_West Posts: 522Registered Users
    Still counts
    Found these cool Estalia sketches

• obippoobippo Member Posts: 2,256Registered Users
    edited April 2017
    Real life estalians

greatsword variant

Now with musicians and standard bearers!!

Always be aware when a Content Refusing Troll Brigade (CRTB) representative is near. Contact your local Witch Hunter for further info.

• TyrionLamperougeTyrionLamperouge Junior Member Posts: 268Registered Users
    obippo said:

Real life estalians

greatsword variant

Those are Tilean. Look at the last picture that says explore italian culture.
  • EnforestEnforest Posts: 2,093Registered Users
    I would really like to see some Blunderbuss elites for Estalia. Close range shotgun blasts that decimate unarmored infantry.

Demand more love for Empire, Greenskins and Beastmen! Playable Middenland with Cult of Ulric! Expanded Beastmen roster with Ghorgon and Jabberslythe! Bring back Black Orcs variants and Orc Big Boss heroes!

obippo said:

Real life estalians

greatsword variant

Those are Tilean. Look at the last picture that says explore italian culture.
    I know lol.... it's the swiss guard.

Just posted it because their look/color scheme is very similar of that of estalia ^^
    Always be aware when a Content Refusing Troll Brigade (CRTB) representative is near. Contact your local Witch Hunter for further info.

I'm not sure where this is from.. but I think the armor aesthetic would work really well with Estalia.
  • Mr_Finley7Mr_Finley7 Junior Member Posts: 4,024Registered Users
    I really want estalians w conquistadors and a state run inquisition....

Im tired and its late but Mb they could explain the Spanish bull motifs as some kind of ancient connection to hashut? Their inquisition could then be devoted to rooting out the cultists...

Or this could all just be gibberish in which case i apologize
    How could/should the Estalian Inquisition work as a campaign mechanic?

• EnforestEnforest Posts: 2,093Registered Users
    Trade population hapiness for reduced chaos/vampire corruption? Like witchhunts or something.

Demand more love for Empire, Greenskins and Beastmen! Playable Middenland with Cult of Ulric! Expanded Beastmen roster with Ghorgon and Jabberslythe! Bring back Black Orcs variants and Orc Big Boss heroes!
    What Estalia could bring to the table

• Mr_Finley7Mr_Finley7 Junior Member Posts: 4,024Registered Users

What Estalia could bring to the table

Dammit that's how warhammer should look.
  • CanuoveaCanuovea Posts: 13,485Registered Users, Moderators
    So lightsabre pikes?

Seriously. That isn't how pikes would work. Then again, you're never in a real situation likely to get people dumb enough to run full speed into pikes.
    -Forum Terms and Conditions: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest
    -Using all caps is the equivalent of shouting. Please don't.
    -The "Spam" flag is not a "disagree" flag. Have a care.
    -...No, no the "Abuse" flag isn't a "disagree" flag either!
    -5.7 Summon a moderator if someone seems to be out of line, or use the report button. Do NOT become another party to misbehaviour
  • KGpoopyKGpoopy Posts: 2,009Registered Users
    Canuovea said:

So lightsabre pikes?

Seriously. That isn't how pikes would work. Then again, you're never in a real situation likely to get people dumb enough to run full speed into pikes.

yes
    Idiots running into the the spear end of a pike formation is now more fitting than ever for warhammer.
    KGpoopy said:

Canuovea said:

So lightsabre pikes?

yes
    Idiots running into the the spear end of a pike formation is now more fitting than ever for warhammer.
    Yes, but even so people would get stuck on the pikes and weight them down.
    -Forum Terms and Conditions: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest
    -5.7 Summon a moderator if someone seems to be out of line, or use the report button. Do NOT become another party to misbehaviour
  • KrilralKrilral Member Posts: 910Registered Users
    Bies said:

These knights looks sexy as hell ! >:) Who are they ? Knightly order ?

I'm getting a pretty heavy Nilfgaard (The Witcher) vibe from them. Black armor, sun iconography, horns on that one guy. I'd guess them to be Knights of the Blazing sun though, or something like that :)
  • Mohawk_RoshiMohawk_Roshi Posts: 1,763Registered Users
    They're supposed to be myrmidia templars if I'm not mistaken
    A WIZARD SHOULD KNOW BETTER!
  • RichardNRoundRichardNRound Posts: 719Registered Users
    The annoying thing is that they have the models already. Mix the morion helmets from the black fire pass demo, the frilled arm variant of empire troops seen on artillery crews and then metal chest plates.

Maybe some difficulty comes from adding in a pike animation but they've done it before, can't they use animations from rome 2?
  • BiesBies Junior Member Posts: 1,817Registered Users
    Will we see today estalian soldiers fighting lizardmen ?! maybe :p

"I shivered at the sight of her - her beauty far beyond that of mortal man. But her soul glowed with an inner darkness that chilled my very core."

• BolzimerBolzimer Posts: 20Registered Users
    Estalians and Tileans has always been the mistreated stepchildren of the Warhammer universe. They should have relevance to the point of actually having their own tabletop army. But the stuff that has been presented has been so barebones, even the Warhammer armies project couldn't muster up interesting armies for any of them.
  • OrkfaellerOrkfaeller Senior Member Posts: 2,329Registered Users
    Just some potential Estalia faction Hype!!

How do you guys feel about Estalia becoming a potential faction?

What are your guys ideas about an Estalia faction and how they should/could be implemented?

• LordTorquemadoLordTorquemado Posts: 1,287Registered Users
    I can't wait to see Estalia in the game, both in Old and New World. They could be a nice addition to both games, and doubtless it could fulfill a significant role in the game. Conqueror mechanic would be awesome, with some bonus for the infantry.

Besides, Estalia would be the perfect faction without monsters / mages, for they consider that heretic, and I would love to see a Santa Hermandad in the pursuit of heretics and traitors...
    "You stumble about in darkness. There is no light here, no mercy. Naggarond has claimed the souls of better heroes than you."
    A nice roster would be reskinned basic empire units: swordsmen, spearmen with and w/o shields, etc. and some new units like pikemen (which would require some kind of formation I guess), conquistador-like handgunners, etc

Everything with morions, a load of morions

A cool color scheme would be something similar to that of the swiss guard:

• hendo1592hendo1592 Posts: 1,605Registered Users
    Canuovea said:

So lightsabre pikes?

I think you are giving people too much credit...not a history expert, but soldiers throughout history charged into just as deadly situations. (I'm particularly thinking of the American civil war, ww1-I'm sure soldiers, specifically generals in older eras weren't any brighter).
    hendo1592 said:

Canuovea said:

So lightsabre pikes?

I think you are giving people too much credit...not a history expert, but soldiers throughout history charged into just as deadly situations. (I'm particularly thinking of the American civil war, ww1-I'm sure soldiers, specifically generals in older eras weren't any brighter).
    Sure sure, but you'd impale people, corpses would pull the spears down, rendering them useless. Etc. People don't bounce off of sharp pointy objects.
  • hendo1592hendo1592 Posts: 1,605Registered Users
    Canuovea said:

hendo1592 said:

Canuovea said:

So lightsabre pikes?

Sure sure, but you'd impale people, corpses would pull the spears down, rendering them useless. Etc. People don't bounce off of sharp pointy objects.
    Point taken.....aha you clearly never heard of spring loaded spears..pretty common weapon...take my word for it no need to google. ;)
    hendo1592 said:

Canuovea said:

hendo1592 said:

Canuovea said:

So lightsabre pikes?

Point taken.....aha you clearly never heard of spring loaded spears..pretty common weapon...take my word for it no need to google. ;)
    Actually, those are a thing. Apparently some were made in the US by the South during the civil war. Not really used, of course, as the troops they were issued to basically said "uh... these aren't guns."

Ah, maybe they didn't actually make the springs, but they wanted to. Huh.