Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Any idea on when warhammer 2 will come out? Whatever it's called? Speculation?

2»

Comments

• ErgiosErgios Registered Users Posts: 196

Well they said that the whole schedule was delayed by 1 year due to their increased ambition so it will definitly not come this year. The earliest possible date would have been april or may this year. Moving that by 1 year will bring us to 2018.

Iirc, it was only speculation that Bretonnia should have been released in December instead of February.
    Regardless, I don't think there is any statement about a 1-year-delay.

Anyway, on topic, I'd think fall 2017 or early 2018.
    As far as I'm concerned, it's better to let CA take their time, so the result will be even more awesome & polished. :)
  • Wing ZeroWing Zero Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 827
    when is bretonnia being released???
    ''The difficulty of tactical maneuvering consists in turning the devious into the direct, and misfortune into gain.
    -Sun Tzu

"Tolerance, Diversity, Strength"
    - Seleucid

Team Chaos Dwarf
  • SetrusSetrus Senior Member SwedenRegistered Users Posts: 18,520
    February.
    Don't worry.
  • Arcani_4_EverArcani_4_Ever Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,374
    I guess the name of the game will be

Total War Warhammer: The New World

Can't wait for the cinematic trailer.

What will the Greater Daemon revealed at end be? A Great Unclean One or a Keeper of Secrets?

The Bloodthirster is definitely going to be revealed until Part 3. Because it is the one we want most, and CA loves to tease us that way.
  • ArilouArilou Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 632
    Keeper of Secrets I reckon, N'Kari feels like a good fit.
  • ArsenicArsenic Registered Users Posts: 4,883

I guess the name of the game will be

Total War Warhammer: The New World

Can't wait for the cinematic trailer.

What will the Greater Daemon revealed at end be? A Great Unclean One or a Keeper of Secrets?

The Bloodthirster is definitely going to be revealed until Part 3. Because it is the one we want most, and CA loves to tease us that way.

I'd have put my money on Nagash.
    "Ours is a world of fleeting glory. But it is glory, nonetheless."
  • Knight_IranKnight_Iran Senior Member Islamic Republic of IRANRegistered Users Posts: 569
    edited January 2017
    I think more than 1 year for second game is unfair and too long! 50% of second game is based on first one and it doesn't need more than 1 year to finish! at least i don't see any reason for CA to procrastinate it's release time!
    Karl Franz Campaign ---> Finished
    Grimgor Campaign ---> Finished
    Mannfred Campaign ---> Finished
    Kroq Gar Campaign ---> Finished
    Settra Campaign ---> Finished
    Nakai Campaign ---> Finished
    Malekith Campaign ---> In progress
  • NavinorNavinor Registered Users Posts: 45
    CA allready said there will be 2 more Warhammer Total War games.

Before release of Warhammer Total War 1, they have allready said they will make content for 10 years.

So the next expansion defenitly will cover "The new world" With the high elves, the dark elves and the Slann.

Furthermore, i think the major DLC Faction will be the skaven.

The new world is even bigger by Map size than the old world.

I do not know if ship battles will come back, but the new world is a lot about pirates and corsairs.

The third game will be about oger kingdoms and khemri. Maybe Chaos dwarves as DLC

I think we will see Warhammer total war 2 in summer 2018. Because it is a lot of work.

In 2019 we could see the new historical Total war at the end of the year.

And in 2020 The 3 Wafhammer Total war.

This scedule would make sense.
  • Knight_IranKnight_Iran Senior Member Islamic Republic of IRANRegistered Users Posts: 569
    Navinor said:

Before release of Warhammer Total War 1, they have allready said they will make content for 10 years.

So the next expansion defenitly will cover "The new world" With the high elves, the dark elves and the Slann.

I do not know if ship battles will come back, but the new world is a lot about pirates and corsairs.

The third game will be about oger kingdoms and khemri. Maybe Chaos dwarves as DLC

I think we will see Warhammer total war 2 in summer 2018. Because it is a lot of work.

If they are going to stay on this schedule, the second and third games would be poor from graphical point of view! because they can't improve it.
  • ODM_EmptythoughtODM_Emptythought France, ParisRegistered Users Posts: 671
    edited January 2017
    Arilou said:

Keeper of Secrets I reckon, N'Kari feels like a good fit.

He/she/it has been banned by Tyrion and Teclis already. It will take at least a good 500-1000 years before N'kari can bother us again.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I live in France.... I like animes, mangas, greek/egyptian and roman culture (antiquity + mythology). I usually play Total Warhammer or Battlefleet Gothic and sometimes Vermintide.
    I play almost exclusively MP though 1 or 2 campaigns from time to time can't hurt ;).

• blaatblaat Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,109
    Navinor said:

of those ten years already more thsan an hel has passed for the preproduction for game 1 IIRC

snip

It's much easier and more fun to get engrossed in lore that takes itself seriously and tries to make sense within its own frame of reference.

the reason I prefer LOTR over warhammer fantasy and 40k

I am dutch so if you like to have a talk in dutch shoot me a PM :)
  • TheGhostOfProman16TheGhostOfProman16 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,749

Navinor said:

If they are going to stay on this schedule, the second and third games would be poor from graphical point of view! because they can't improve it.
    They may not even improve the graphics all that much since it will probably run on the same engine as game 1
    Died during the great YOYO wars
    edited January 2017
    Exactly that's why i say they should finish each game in 1 year.
  • SkavenmattSkavenmatt Registered Users Posts: 1
    Im confused, are they going to be add ones to the main game, adding their races to the grand campaign? Or are they separate games entirely?
  • blaatblaat Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,109
    edited January 2017

Im confused, are they going to be add ones to the main game, adding their races to the grand campaign? Or are they separate games entirely?

both if you buy both games they combine if you but only one of them they are standalone

snip

It's much easier and more fun to get engrossed in lore that takes itself seriously and tries to make sense within its own frame of reference.

the reason I prefer LOTR over warhammer fantasy and 40k

I am dutch so if you like to have a talk in dutch shoot me a PM :)