Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

FLC Updated on Steam!

TLJBoky7612TLJBoky7612 Posts: 19Registered Users
edited January 24 in General Discussion

The Steam FLC Schedule has been updated and uploaded to steam confirming another 26 maps to come how many DLC's and patches from this I wonder.

Comments

• ErgiosErgios Posts: 90Registered Users
    Very interesting, thanks for sharing!
    Hadn't noticed that.

Hmm, Wood Elves added 11 maps, not sure how much that is saying, though - or IF it is even saying anything at all.
    Another question is, how many maps they will add with the Old World Edition.

I dare say, however, that we can expect a few more things in the future.
  • Defiler_of_the_NorthDefiler_of_the_North Under a bar stool in a random tavern located within AltdolfPosts: 306Registered Users
    edited January 24
    (Best Dwarfish accent) By my grandmothers beard!

The old one for reference.

I'm not sure how many maps the old world edition will add since Bretonnian maps are already in-game, I imagine it will add 3-4 maps and maybe some more for other areas.

I imagine those 26 maps will be spilt between 3 DLCs and the old world edition.

Doesn't matter what you say Balthasar Gelt is the best legendary lord and the lore of metal needs nerfing.

Currently suffering from a serve case of Bretonnia fever, the only cure is slaying Orks with the righteous fury of the Lady.
  • englisharcher89englisharcher89 Senior Member Bath, UKPosts: 2,856Registered Users
    An Old Friend

Vampire Counts
    Tomb Kings
    The Empire

"Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death." - Vlad von Carstein
  • Arcani_4_EverArcani_4_Ever Junior Member Posts: 964Registered Users
    Mousillon and Middenland for FreeLC

but what is the actual DLC going to be?

Neferata for Vampires? Marius Leitdorf for Empire?

I seriously doubt CA will give us only FreeLC, they need to add some paid content as well.
  • ErgiosErgios Posts: 90Registered Users
    Of course there will be DLC in the future, but not with the Old World Edition - as stated by CA members on this forum.

Not sure about VC and Empire getting more lords besides Mousillon and Middenland, they already have the most LLs so far.
  • DalakhDalakh Senior Member FrancePosts: 1,726Registered Users

(Best Dwarfish accent) By my grandmothers beard!

The old one for reference.

I'm not sure how many maps the old world edition will add since Bretonnian maps are already in-game, I imagine it will add 3-4 maps and maybe some more for other areas.

I imagine those 26 maps will be spilt between 3 DLCs and the old world edition.

Well a lot of these will be quest battle maps. You got at least two for Todbringer (legbiter runefang and the talisman of Ulric), you got three from Louen (the crown of bretonnia, the sword of couronne and the lion's shield) and three for Morgiana (the chalice of potions, the girdle of gold and the power familiar) and then I have to assume Alberic and the Red Duke will have at least one quest battle and legendary magic item each.

So only from Free-LC quest battles that's already 10 maps at the very least.
    "We shall strike down our foes with sharp steel and cold hearts. The weak die so that the strong prevail and none shall be spared. Then and only then will our enemies know the true meaning of fear."

— Malekith, Witch King of Naggaroth
  • obippoobippo Member Posts: 1,432Registered Users
    red duke+mousillon faction as free dlc + kislev as paid dlc around end of march

todbringer+middenland faction with a couple ulric units as free dlc + dogs of war mercenaries dlc with playable tilea faction around april's end, shortly followed by game 2 announcement

can a man dream? :(

• jamreal18jamreal18 Senior Member Posts: 5,332Registered Users
    edited January 24
    Question:
    If Red Duke is the New Lord and Tobringer is the Old Friend, does it mean that Moussiion and Middenheim and their new units are paid content?

So it means that both of them has their own LL aside from the free-LC?

If there will be, I hope Neferata and Ar-Ulric Emil Valgeir...
  • Defiler_of_the_NorthDefiler_of_the_North Under a bar stool in a random tavern located within AltdolfPosts: 306Registered Users
    obippo said:

red duke+mousillon faction as free dlc + kislev as paid dlc around end of march

todbringer+middenland faction with a couple ulric units as free dlc + dogs of war mercenaries dlc with playable tilea faction around april's end, shortly followed by game 2 announcement

can a man dream? :(

A man can dream indeed, we need Orges for dogs of war mercenaries and Tilea. Wait we need Ogres so FLC Tilea and dogs of war mechanic while Orge DLC (confirmed I've cracked the code, don't take this moment from me)
    Doesn't matter what you say Balthasar Gelt is the best legendary lord and the lore of metal needs nerfing.

Currently suffering from a serve case of Bretonnia fever, the only cure is slaying Orks with the righteous fury of the Lady.
  • ArsenicArsenic Posts: 930Registered Users
    I asked outright about the VC LL and "Old Friend", and they refused to confirm or deny, stating they enjoyed seeing the debate around it.

So it's all up in the air, I'm afraid.
  • TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Posts: 3,410Registered Users
    jamreal18 said:

Question:
    If Red Duke is the New Lord and Tobringer is the Old Friend, does it mean that Moussiion and Middenheim and their new units are paid content?

Neferata in Mousillon? Makes as much sense as Manfred in Karaz-A-karak... and i sincerely doubt that they would release Boris as LL and have his faction as paid DLC...

Neferata i see more coming with the southwards map expansion to accompany the Tomb Kings...
    Every wrong is recorded! Every slight against us! Page after Page, etched in blood! Clan Gunnison! Karak Eight-Peaks! Josef Bugman!

Metal noise, blood and fire, tell me what you most desire.

You've got some demon flesh on your bumper, but that's just the way the world is today I'm afraid.
  • jamreal18jamreal18 Senior Member Posts: 5,332Registered Users
    edited January 24

jamreal18 said:

Question:

Neferata in Mousillon? Makes as much sense as Manfred in Karaz-A-karak... and i sincerely doubt that they would release Boris as LL and have his faction as paid DLC...

Neferata i see more coming with the southwards map expansion to accompany the Tomb Kings...
    Yeah, my mistake... Neferata cant be a LL in Mousillion, shes a Lahmian.. my bad... agree with you, Neferata should come together with Khalida... the vampire and mummy! How will they work if they are from different game?

Anyways, the "Old friend" is the only free-LC and not the faction... but you cannot also play the "Old Friend" without his faction... hmmmm...
  • DalakhDalakh Senior Member FrancePosts: 1,726Registered Users
    edited January 24
    jamreal18 said:

jamreal18 said:

Question:

Yeah, my mistake... Neferata cant be a LL in Mousillion, shes a Lahmian.. my bad... agree with you, Neferata should come together with Khalida...

Anyways, the "Old friend" is the only free-LC and not the faction... but you cannot also play the "Old Friend" without his faction... hmmmm...
    I very much doubt Neferata being a Lahmian would stop CA from putting her anywhere they saw fit on the map with a token lore explanation.

Wurrzag was only advertised as a "New Legendary Lord" and still brought a new faction with him. Granted, no new units.
    "We shall strike down our foes with sharp steel and cold hearts. The weak die so that the strong prevail and none shall be spared. Then and only then will our enemies know the true meaning of fear."

— Malekith, Witch King of Naggaroth
    In fairness the image on the VC LL does look rather like a Coven Throne, but I'm willing to bet it also looks very similar to half a dozen other things vampire-related and is just a placeholder picture.

Let's all just agree it's the Red Duke and Boris. If it's anything new, it's a bonus.
  • theedge634theedge634 Senior Member Posts: 1,537Registered Users
    Ergios said:

Very interesting, thanks for sharing!
    Hadn't noticed that.

Hmm, Wood Elves added 11 maps, not sure how much that is saying, though - or IF it is even saying anything at all.
    Another question is, how many maps they will add with the Old World Edition.

I dare say, however, that we can expect a few more things in the future.

I would also argue though that Wood Elves added an extra amount of maps do to the opening up of an entirely new region and biome. I would argue that we'll probably see something around 6-9 new maps for Bretonnia. I mean Bretonnia already has all the maps for it's castles and region, and we can probably expect 3-5 for the legendary quests.

Interesting to think of where the other 18 or so will come from, with that many maps still to come it could suggest Tomb Kings in the future. Kislev is already in, as well as Praag... I didn't see Middenheim and maybe I missed it, but Middenland could add a few interesting maps in as well.
  • ArthasmenethrilArthasmenethril Senior Member Posts: 809Registered Users
    edited January 24
    Arsenic said:

In fairness the image on the VC LL does look rather like a Coven Throne, but I'm willing to bet it also looks very similar to half a dozen other things vampire-related and is just a placeholder picture.

Let's all just agree it's the Red Duke and Boris. If it's anything new, it's a bonus.

I would say it's just a siege tower but they might be doing the same with a old friend by having the angle of the image hint at who the Lord is.
  • KrabbzKrabbz FrancePosts: 148Registered Users
    Wurrzag came as a FLC and had his own faction. I don't know why you think that Boris and Red Duke will have their respective factions as paid DLC.

If they're the FLCs then they'll come with their faction (Moussillon and Middenheim) for free just like Wurrzag. Their respective rosters aren't really different from Empire/VC. Mostly reskins.
  • dodge33cymrudodge33cymru Posts: 944Registered Users
    Good spot, will be interesting to see how many of those arrive with the update next month...
    Krabbz said:

Wurrzag came as a FLC and had his own faction. I don't know why you think that Boris and Red Duke will have their respective factions as paid DLC.

If they're the FLCs then they'll come with their faction (Moussillon and Middenheim) for free just like Wurrzag. Their respective rosters aren't really different from Empire/VC. Mostly reskins.

I think the idea is that they will get extra units. I would suggest that both releases could come alongside some DLC lord packs. I'd wager that Mousillion is the Wurrzag level release while Middenland would quite possibly be a heavier release that incorporated 2 LLs for Middenland along with a few new units. Both of these lord packs could come with an appropriate adversary obviously.
  • thebiglezthebiglez Posts: 301Registered Users
    its been confirmed that no paid DLC is coming alongside bretonnia. i think there will be no more dlcs for game one and everyone is working on game 2
    thebiglez said:

its been confirmed that no paid DLC is coming alongside bretonnia. i think there will be no more dlcs for game one and everyone is working on game 2

Except that CA has stated that they will release information on upcoming DLC after the old world edition releases. Unless that information they release is just a big way to say they're done with game 1... which I doubt.
  • KayosivKayosiv Senior Member Posts: 1,521Registered Users
    Naw, they officially said that more DLC's will be coming for game 1, just none as big as Wood Elves.
  • PrayPray Posts: 553Registered Users
    my guess

feb - flc bretonian

march - dlc lord pack ( flc red duke )

april - first expansion ( flc middle land )

edited January 25
    pray said:

my guess

feb - flc bretonian

march - dlc lord pack ( flc red duke )

april - first expansion ( flc middle land )

You think they'd release an entire expansion 3 months from now without a word being spoken about it yet... sorry, not even close. Not to mention that it's supposed to be standalone and is coming with an FLC for game 1.
  • RandinRandin Posts: 37Registered Users
    Just to toss a possibility out there, in the original FLC graphic, the slots for Vlad and Wurzag were both listed as "new legendary lord" while the second-to-last slot on this graphic just says "new lord". Might just be a change in wording, or might mean that it's actually a new generic lord. Maybe vamps are getting a new Lamian lord (or lady, I guess), with the Coven Throne as a mount (it is just about the only major thing the vamps are still missing).
  • FifthOfSpaghettiFifthOfSpaghetti Posts: 266Registered Users
    edited January 25
    Randin said:

Just to toss a possibility out there, in the original FLC graphic, the slots for Vlad and Wurzag were both listed as "new legendary lord" while the second-to-last slot on this graphic just says "new lord". Might just be a change in wording, or might mean that it's actually a new generic lord. Maybe vamps are getting a new Lamian lord (or lady, I guess), with the Coven Throne as a mount (it is just about the only major thing the vamps are still missing).

They confirmed on Reddit a while back that it was a Legendary lord

I would say it's just a siege tower but they might be doing the same with a old friend by having the angle of the image hint at who the Lord is.

Indeed it could be, it's too vague an image to identify, and even if we could, it probably isn't particularly meaningful.

• FifthOfSpaghettiFifthOfSpaghetti Posts: 266Registered Users
    Arsenic said:

Indeed it could be, it's too vague an image to identify, and even if we could, it probably isn't particularly meaningful.

It is undoubtably a siege tower. Look at one in game and rotate the camera to the same angle. Unless something copy pastes the top of a Siege tower, it's a Siege tower.

I'll take your word for it, I can't be bothered to go load the game up and check!