Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Gorthor possible legendary lord?

HircaneHircane Registered Users Posts: 119
I dont know if this is possible, and I know gorthor has lived over a thousend years before warhammer total war, and yes I know he has died. But since the game is playing in a timeless period would it be possible for gorthor to eventually show up? Chances are extremly low I know. But I would enjoy more legendary lords. Maybe they could add slugtonge or the Prince of Morrslieb? Sadly it is very probable that the beastmen wont be changed after the "new" woodelf dlc. But I still want my missing units and lords.
What do you think is still missing to beastmen? And what do you miss in the total war game in total?

Comments

• Defiler_of_the_NorthDefiler_of_the_North Under a bar stool in a random tavern located within AltdolfRegistered Users Posts: 415
    edited January 2017
    We might do, although if we are getting another LL for the Beastmen it would be Taurox the brass bull.

An interesting LL (the highest Armour value in the game with the ability to run a minotaur focused sub-faction) which also comes with doombulls and maybe ghorgons, which would allow us to run a all bull army.
    Doesn't matter what you say, Balthasar Gelt is the best legendary lord and the lore of metal needs nerfing.

Currently suffering from a serve case of Bretonnia fever, the only cure is slaying Orks with the righteous fury of the Lady.
  • HircaneHircane Registered Users Posts: 119

We might do, although if we are getting another LL for the Beastmen it would be Taurox the brass bull.

An interesting LL (the highest Armour value in the game with the ability to run a minotaur focused sub-faction) which also comes with doombulls and maybe ghorgons, which would allow us to run a all bull army.

That would be really cool! I would imagine it like scarsnik is a gobbo focused faction leader so taurox would be a minotaur leader? Great idea! Does someone know if CA has any plans in that regard? Maybe with such a release they could finally give us the jabberslythe?
    Anyway does anyone know what CA s new LL and DLC plans are? I would imagen them releasing another lord pack and after that the skaven? Does anyone have insider information?
  • daelin4#9896daelin4#9896 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 16,521
    IIRC all the new Legendary Lords are for the base factions, not DLC like Beastmen. Making new content just for a particular DLC faction isn't as likely to generate money or interest. Gorthor also died long before the present End Times, so you might as well also as for Ulric as a legendary lord for Empire.

Corrected action is the most sincere form of apology.
    daelin4 said:

IIRC all the new Legendary Lords are for the base factions, not DLC like Beastmen. Making new content just for a particular DLC faction isn't as likely to generate money or interest. Gorthor also died long before the present End Times, so you might as well also as for Ulric as a legendary lord for Empire.

The game happens in no particular time if im right, but that is correct. Yet they added morghur so my hopes are still up? Which legendary lords will be released next what do you think???
  • Arthas_Menethil#3421Arthas_Menethil#3421 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 7,351
    Hircane said:

daelin4 said:

The game happens in no particular time if im right, but that is correct. Yet they added morghur so my hopes are still up? Which legendary lords will be released next what do you think???
    The Game happens around the time Franz is crowned as Emperor.
    So...the Light's vaunted justice has finally arrived. Shall I lay down Frostmourne and throw myself at your mercy, Fordring?

Hircane said:

daelin4 said:

The Game happens around the time Franz is crowned as Emperor.
    True I guess
  • SteppelordSteppelord Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,315
    edited January 2017

Don't bypass the word filter.

Get it :)
    Post edited by dge1 on
    edited January 2017

Don't bypass the word filter.

Get it :)
    Hilarious :smile: haha
    Post edited by dge1 on
  • TyrionLamperougeTyrionLamperouge Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 268
    They resurrected vlad so there´s still hope.
  • endurstonehelm#6102endurstonehelm#6102 Registered Users Posts: 4,206
    I want all the special characters that were published in Warhammer army books, whether 4th edition - 8th edition.
    Hircane said:

Timeline is very specific, the End Times. And at least Vlad is undead, so there is a shred of lore-wise plausibility.

In any case that doesn't matter, because the bigger factor is that Beastmen is a DLC faction. IIRC all the new Legendary Lords have been for base game factions.

• TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member GermanyRegistered Users Posts: 14,701
    daelin4 said:

Hircane said:

Timeline is very specific, the End Times. And at least Vlad is undead, so there is a shred of lore-wise plausibility.

In any case that doesn't matter, because the bigger factor is that Beastmen is a DLC faction. IIRC all the new Legendary Lords have been for base game factions.
    well... aside Morghur.... but he was a nice "by product" of the WE Campaign
    The Empire still hasn't gotten their FLC LL. We need Marius Leitdorf of Averland!

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him? For a Middenland DLC with Boris and the Ar-Ulric!

Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, ETCHED IN BLOOD!

Queek could smell their hatred, ratcheted to a degree that even he could not evoke in their simple hearts. He stepped over the old orange-fur’s body, eager to see for himself what it was they saw. But he heard it first.
    'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'
    endur said:

I want all the special characters that were published in Warhammer army books, whether 4th edition - 8th edition.

Me too dude!!I NEED THEM ALL.

No but seriously I really fell in love with this game and universe and I need more.
    Beastmen are just my favourite faction so I cant wait for new LL!
  • Ice_cream#3641Ice_cream#3641 Registered Users Posts: 796
    daelin4 said:

Hircane said:

No, CA stated already that the game is not related with End Times.
    daelin4 said:

Hircane said:

Well but I could imagine more LLs would be possible? Maybe more beastmen would be released with the 3rd game which is said to focus around chaos forces so we might get khorngors or pestigors? ANYWAY SOMEONE TELL ME WHAT CA IS RELEASING NEXT I NEED MORE!
    Jk but they are really milking my wallet right know. :blush:
    Ice_cream said:

daelin4 said:

Hircane said:

Yeah thats is essentially what I understood thanks for proving my point. Maybe some wierd chaos magic could bring gorthor back as a supreme leader?
    Could it be possible for a CA coworker to see this thread if it gets enough attention/comments?
  • Macoa1066#2249Macoa1066#2249 Registered Users Posts: 342
    Really the only LL that was a stretch to be alive at the time of Karl Franz' crowning would be Vlad, as he died around 400 years prior to that. However, since he is the outlier as far as LL's go (and he is a vampire, and resurrection is kinda their thing so its not too much of a stretch lore wise) I think we can safely assume that TTW occurs right before the end times despite individual days not passing.

Therefore, Repanse, Gorthor, Magnus the Pious, Asavar Kul, and other named Characters that have been dead for a long time will probably not make it to the game.
    Updated 10/13/2022:
    Warhammer: 1298 hours
    Attila: 1102 hours
    Warhammer II: 1040 hours
    Rome II: 948 hours
    Medieval II: 568 hours
    Rome I: 151 hours
    Shogun II: 12 hours
    Three Kingdoms: 10 hours
    Warhammer III: 3 hours
  • TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member GermanyRegistered Users Posts: 14,701
    Macoa1066 said:

Really the only LL that was a stretch to be alive at the time of Karl Franz' crowning would be Vlad, as he died around 400 years prior to that. However, since he is the outlier as far as LL's go (and he is a vampire, and resurrection is kinda their thing so its not too much of a stretch lore wise) I think we can safely assume that TTW occurs right before the end times despite individual days not passing.

Therefore, Repanse, Gorthor, Magnus the Pious, Asavar Kul, and other named Characters that have been dead for a long time will probably not make it to the game.

in regards of Repasne... who knows... maybe one of the Skeletons in the armies of the Red Duke is her... :tongue:
    The Empire still hasn't gotten their FLC LL. We need Marius Leitdorf of Averland!

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him? For a Middenland DLC with Boris and the Ar-Ulric!

Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, ETCHED IN BLOOD!

Queek could smell their hatred, ratcheted to a degree that even he could not evoke in their simple hearts. He stepped over the old orange-fur’s body, eager to see for himself what it was they saw. But he heard it first.
    'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'
    edited January 2017
    Ice_cream said:

I'd like to see this statement, given that the game itself specifically mentions that it's in the End Times. Not to mention, all of the major campaign events are centred around End Time related activities, ie Archaeon.

In regards to Morghur, lore-wise he comes back again and again, literally like the Legendary Lords in the game. His as at least plausible. Gorthor however died like, well any other mortal being.

I mean if you really want to push the "well no timeline" argument then where's Sigmar?

In any even, what would Gorthor be like in the campaign? Should he have any unique traits for choosing him?

• Arthas_Menethil#3421Arthas_Menethil#3421 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 7,351
    daelin4 said:

Ice_cream said:

I'd like to see this statement, given that the game itself specifically mentions that it's in the End Times. Not to mention, all of the major campaign events are centred around End Time related activities, ie Archaeon.

In regards to Morghur, lore-wise he comes back again and again, literally like the Legendary Lords in the game. His as at least plausible. Gorthor however died like, well any other mortal being.

I mean if you really want to push the "well no timeline" argument then where's Sigmar?

In any even, what would Gorthor be like in the campaign? Should he have any unique traits for choosing him?
    Why stop at going backwards lets go forwards and bring the weird paradox of Sigmar-Franz and Sigmar in the same battle.
    So...the Light's vaunted justice has finally arrived. Shall I lay down Frostmourne and throw myself at your mercy, Fordring?

• SiWI#8629SiWI#8629 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 12,014
    edited January 2017
    daelin4 said:

Ice_cream said:

Oh really?
    The game follwos End times events?
    Then where is Nagash?
    Why doesn't Manfreed become a Empire count?
    Why is no one incarnated with a wind of magic lore?

Post edited by BillyRuffian#6250 on
    Ratling_Guns.gif?t=1554385892
  • #902441#902441 Registered Users Posts: 7,489
    You've more chance of Warhoof, or the Moonbeast, but see no reason not to include this chap if he's popular, if we're going to have Vlad back via handwave.
    "And lo, the Chaos Gods said "LOL" and brought Gorthor back to plague mankind" or something.

Judging from a quick Google though, a modder could probably do him for you quite easily.
    For in spite of all temptations. To belong to other nations. He remains an Englishman.
  • GuilhemGuilhem Registered Users Posts: 64
    I think that Ghorros Warhoof or Taurox have more chance. Because the one is a centigor and the other one a minotaur. It would give more variety in Lord of this faction.
    Gorthor was a Lord beastman classic as Khazrak.
  • Canuovea#6291Canuovea#6291 Registered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 15,960
    The game has end times activity in the sense that Chaos shows up to wreck everyone's stuff, but it certainly does not follow GW's canon End Times.
    -Forum Terms and Conditions: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest
    -New Rules: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/287645/new-forum-rules#latest
    -Rules FAQ: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/287650/total-war-forum-faq#latest
    -Using all caps is the equivalent of shouting. Please don't.
    -5.7 Summon a moderator if someone seems to be out of line, or use the report button. Do NOT become another party to misbehaviour
    edited January 2017
    SiWI said:

Oh really?
    Then where is Nagash?

Archaeon spawns in the map, and the game says its End Times.

And don't try to derail the topic. What would Gorthor offer to Beastmen besides just being another grunting goatman? Would he have any meaningfully unique skills?

• Canuovea#6291Canuovea#6291 Registered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 15,960
    daelin4 said:

SiWI said:

Oh really?
    Then where is Nagash?

And don't try to derail the topic. What would Gorthor offer to Beastmen besides just being another grunting goatman? Would he have any meaningfully unique skills?
    Everchosen blokes are forever bringing in the "end times". Asavar Kul did it, and he ended up sucking miserably. In TWW Archaon is the same way... unless, of course, you are playing Chaos but even then you don't do it the same way that GW outlined in their End Times (TM).
    -Forum Terms and Conditions: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest
    -New Rules: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/287645/new-forum-rules#latest
    -Rules FAQ: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/287650/total-war-forum-faq#latest
    -Using all caps is the equivalent of shouting. Please don't.
    -5.7 Summon a moderator if someone seems to be out of line, or use the report button. Do NOT become another party to misbehaviour
  • SiWI#8629SiWI#8629 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 12,014
    daelin4 said:

SiWI said:

Oh really?
    Then where is Nagash?

Archaeon attacking the Old world, mostly the Empire is Warhammer basic storyline.
    And yes the game make some references to "the end times", but you apparently don't really know that the real end times would mean.

And don't try to derail the topic.

Look whos talking... the guy claming that the game is in the end times setting to provide a argument why Gorthor shouldn't be in the game.
    What would Gorthor offer to Beastmen besides just being another grunting goatman? Would he have any meaningfully unique skills?

He brings a increase "inspiring presence" in the TT, so thats something to work with. Also he uses a chariot.
    Ratling_Guns.gif?t=1554385892
    SiWI said:

daelin4 said:

SiWI said:

Oh really?
    Then where is Nagash?

Archaeon attacking the Old world, mostly the Empire is Warhammer basic storyline.
    And yes the game make some references to "the end times", but you apparently don't really know that the real end times would mean.
    +- You cand defeat them and in the end they would grind you down and you would get "Game Over" with a rehash of Death Star VS Alderaan kablooey :smiley:

'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'