Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Playing the Hun faction historically

berob91berob91 Posts: 1Registered Users
Hi all,

New to this but not new to Total War.
Anyway, I'm hoping this is a topic that has been raised before but I was wandering if people had tips for playing as the Huns following what happened in actual history? I've read up as much as I can on who they attacked and how but I need a bit more clarity.

As for battle tactics... I've basically been using a hit and run tactic with the archer cav and switching ammo for the units they take on keeping melee cav in reserve for taking on skirmishers and archers. From what I have read the Huns basically swarmed their enemy's with cavalry.

So if anyone has anything that would be awesome. :)

Comments

• ColeusColeus Senior Member Western Roman EmpirePosts: 666Registered Users
    edited February 2017
    You have Uar Warriors also, which will smash through even the heaviest of defensive infantry. I generally use a Uar infantry line with horse archers harassing the flanks and chasing off enemy cavalry. The Huns rarely lose when handled properly.
    "Dear God, forgive us."

Grizzled TW veteran.